• Latest reply 3 years ago by Seth1977
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20131221_001.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I just finished doing a Jungle Lord translite. This was a project born out of desperation as I picked up a Jungle Lord project machine with no backglass (thanks Bangerjay!) and I was tired of having all those lightbulbs blaring in my face while I was playing the game.Not much hope of picking up a good backglass any time soon.Those Williams backglasses of that era all peeled real bad.This is based off a photograph so the resolution is not as good as I would like,but I photoshopped the heck out of it and got everything I could out of it.It doesn't look bad all in all,beats what I had before(nothing).With some carefully chosen LED's behind it I think I can get it to look pretty good.If anyone has a missing or destroyed backglass and wants the photoshop file let me know and I will email it to you.I sandwiched the translite between two pieces of glass and got new lift channel and trim from Marco.I will keep my eyes peeled for a good original in the meanwhile,I don't figure there is much chance of anyone remaking them anytime soon...or at all...WP_20131221_001.jpgWP_20131221_001.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nice! My JL backglass was pretty toast and I never saw a good one for sale the whole time I owned it.

#3 10 years ago

yeah,that pretty much sums it up....

#4 10 years ago

That's nice, my Jungle Lord was missing it's backglass too. I put a Gorgar one I got cheap in it for a while to stop the lights shining in my face and then found what must have ben the only one in Australia. It was $200 and is fairly ordinary but better than what I had.

#5 10 years ago

Would you be interested in selling another translite? Excellent work!!

#6 10 years ago

Sell...no... give me your email address and I will send you the photoshop file.Go to a sign shop and have them print it on vinyl.I think that is the route I would try next time.Might be cheaper and turn out better,Not sure though.I haven't done it that way yet.I did the Translite from Gameon Grafix for this one.

#7 10 years ago

I had a JL in storage for YEARS wil no BG. It was a red cabinet version. Literally the DAY after I sold it as a project machine, someone set me a CL listing for a JL BG for $50..... /facepalm

I gave the link to the guy I sold the JL to and he picked up the BG for a short $50....

#8 10 years ago

Note to self: don't sell anything ever again

#9 10 years ago

I always get stuck on the selling part myself as well.Seems a whole lot easier to buy them then to sell them for some reason.Getting a lot of requests for the photoshop file.Hope it helps some of you guys out.I hate it when we are missing the backglass or it's destroyed and basically have no options at all.

#10 10 years ago

oh nice! Maybe I should scan my CP one to archive, or photoshop fix it, and print it so the glass one stays nice.

1 year later
#11 9 years ago

Hi all,

I reached out to jukehero, but it doesnt appear he has posted in awhile. Does anyone happen to have this file.... I found a jungle lord that has a really rough translite.

Thanks....

Jim

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Hi all,
I reached out to jukehero, but it doesnt appear he has posted in awhile. Does anyone happen to have this file.... I found a jungle lord that has a really rough translite.
Thanks....
Jim

I m looking for this file too

Thanks

#13 9 years ago

I am still here guys.Send me your email address and I will get the file to you.Been distracted lately.Sorry.

1 year later
#14 7 years ago

Anyone have this image they can email me? Sent a message to OP as well. Thanks!

Also - what thickness glass are people using to sandwich the translite between? 1/16"?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Anyone have this image they can email me? Sent a message to OP as well. Thanks!
Also - what thickness glass are people using to sandwich the translite between? 1/16"?

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread. Didn't know anyone did this. Same problem. I have about 15% paint left on my JL. Could use this big time!
PS. PPS just announced a run of Flash backglasses. Hoping they do JL next.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread. Didn't know anyone did this. Same problem. I have about 15% paint left on my JL. Could use this big time!
PS. PPS just announced a run of Flash backglasses. Hoping they do JL next.

If I get the image, I will pass it along. Fingers crossed!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

If I get the image, I will pass it along. Fingers crossed!

I would love to get the file as well. Thanks.

- Brian

#18 7 years ago

I would be interested in the file as well.

#19 7 years ago

I am also interested in the file.

1 month later
#20 7 years ago

Anyone have the file? PM got no response.

2 months later
#21 6 years ago

I've PM'ed the original poster with no luck a year ago - just like many of you. But here's another idea....

The original backglass is butt-ugly anyway. About 4 months ago, I started searching out an artist or existing art to create an alternative backglass. Tricky because of score displays and other backlit information which will likely be lost. But - something is better than nothing in this case. And some of the jungle themed art I found on deviantart was amazing.

If the artwork is really nice, most of us will forgive things like a missing Shoot Again area. Just an idea - and I would prefer to see someone else do it anyway. But ... I'm tired of waiting. I need a push on this. Does anyone have a template with score displays in their proper places? I don't even have a portion of a Jungle Lord backglass to get dimensions.

#22 6 years ago

You guys know BGResto has these right? Or should the title be changed to the JL Cheapskate Club?

3 months later
#23 6 years ago

I don't think that's an option for everyone. I can think of several ...
1. The DIY'er who is into pinball and has several machines because they have $$$ from fixing and/or making their own stuff, not always paying someone else for parts.
2. The person who doesn't have a glass at all thus doesn't have anything for them to restore. (Don't they require an orig?)
3. The person who has a JL in bad condition, resell value doesn't justify the expense.
4. You are me, think JL has a top 10 ugliest BG of all time, and just need a template for the score windows to turn over to a college art student.

I think it's funny that you suggested the idea of cheapskate - really, I laughed ... but in my 20 years of collecting and restoring, me being a 'cheapskate' has allowed me to increase my collection and place pinball in people's homes for prices below most. I love to see people learn how to do things too - so they can increase that collective knowledge base in the pinball community.

5 months later
#24 6 years ago

Ok ..how does one get this file ? My jungle lord backglass is shot.. just picked one up tonight..

#25 6 years ago

Maybe pinball backglass on facebook they are a copy, he print on glass

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrfabulouss:

Maybe pinball backglass on facebook they are a copy, he print on glass

Thank you.. il try .

6 months later
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from winslow:

Would you be interested in selling another translite? Excellent work!!

This is a great attempt and looks so much better than my own.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jukehero1:

I am still here guys.Send me your email address and I will get the file to you.Been distracted lately.Sorry.

Awesome, i'm so glad you're still on and possibly have this file to share. I could benefit so much from getting it and producing a replacement for my own cabinet. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks so much in advance. Tim

#29 5 years ago

I have a printed translight that came in a Jungle Lord that I bought. It's not perfect but not terrible. I would sell for $40 shipped in the U.S.

Added over 5 years ago:

SOLD

4 months later
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jukehero1:

Is there anyway you could send me the image files for the jungle lord ? Send to [email protected]. My Playfield and back glass are really rough.

3 weeks later
#31 5 years ago

Has anyone received the file they could share?

Thanks.

1 month later
#32 5 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Has anyone received the file they could share?
Thanks.

I'm also hoping someone out there could pass the file along.

1 month later
#33 5 years ago

This was sold in a game that I bought. I don't have the file as I didn't make it.

1 year later
#34 3 years ago

Could anyone send me this image. I tried messaging but life is busy these days so I understand that I didn’t get a reply back. Mine is really bad. Thanks all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-translite?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.