Topic poll

“For this project…translite or repo”

• Translite 3 votes
    60%
  • Repo 2 votes
    40%

(5 votes)

#1 5 months ago

I’m shopping and rebuilding a jungle lord. I don’t think I’m going to paint the cabinet and the playfield has usual wear and I don’t know of an overlay…so it’s gonna stay the same. The original backglass is flaking pretty bad…I want to replace or get it rescreened.

My question is, what do you think is a more practical decision…translite for $150 (with approx shipping) or I can send my backglass away and get it reprinted and they keep the old mirrored paint ($450 with approx shipping).

Obvi it’s about $300 difference. And the quality of a translite vs a new backglass that’s been rebuilt (screened).

I don’t mind spending the extra money on the repo but realize that the backglass will now be a 10 out 10 in condition whilst the rest of machine will be like 6 or so.

I’m kinda leaning towards the translite cause I don’t think this is a highly sought after game. My logic says make it more marketable by keeping it less expensive.

Any opinions are welcome.

#2 5 months ago

Personally If the game was made with a backglass , I would stick with that. $450 sounds very expensive. I have not looked at CPR to see if they have one , but their prices have been around $260 roughly.

#3 5 months ago

There’s a hardtop for this title.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

There’s a hardtop for this title.

Where did you see the hard top? That might change my mind about spending a little more money if I can get the Pf brand new.

To be clear…the $450 price is if I send my current backglass with the mirror paint on it. They remove all oaint but the mirror…then reprint on my glass. That price includes all shipping. They make a back glass without the mirror for $295…plus $50 shipping.

3 months later
#7 37 days ago

It's Repro not Repo LOL!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside