(Topic ID: 234002)

Jungle Lord System 7 Repair

By Platinumcd

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider platinumcd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello,

I have sent off my Jungle Lord CPU for repair. The repair shop has given me doubt as to the ability of the repair. What are my options if this board cant be repaired. Is there a new style replacement ? or what other options do I have. I have went too far into into the restore to back out now.

Thanks for any help

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Platinumcd:

Hello,
I have sent off my Jungle Lord CPU for repair. The repair shop has given me doubt as to the ability of the repair. What are my options if this board cant be repaired. Is there a new style replacement ? or what other options do I have. I have went too far into into the restore to back out now.
Thanks for any help

Thanks for all the help ?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

What’s wrong with the boards that the shop can’t fix them? What shop is it ?

It was the shop that bought out two bits in Texas. He said he did not have the necessary test equipment to test it further but it was blowing something when hooked up to his blacknight. I was just curious if I should send to someone else for repair or try and buy a new board.

2 weeks later
#9 5 years ago

Well I wanted to follow up to this. I took the advice I was given and sent my MPU board in for repair. The game was not firing up prior to this as it had set for along time. It only had the back lights and the sound when it would first come on. So fast forward I had a local tech replace the capacitors in my power supply board and I got the MPU back from the other repair shop. It looks like they replaced some roms. The local tech came and installed all of this last night then the game came. At first it had game sounds but then that quit working. All of the drop targets are working fine. Even with no sounds now the score is still registering. It would originally eject the ball out but that quit working as well. The small bonus ball in the top left would light up when activated but it never shot the ball. I have not replaced any capacitors in the sound board yet but I can if I need to. The magna save works on one side but does nothing on the other side when pressed. I am sure I have multiple issues but what are your suggestions. Where do I start ? Does it sound like some of this could be from the MPU I just got back or a driver board ? I sure would appreciate some feedback on this.

#11 5 years ago

Thank you sir. Sounds like a great place to start !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider platinumcd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-system-7-repair-?tu=platinumcd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.