By Eric_S

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm posting this for future troubleshooting - I've fixed the issue but it was an odd issue. On my Jungle Lord, Williams System 7, when a game was started but pushing the start button, it would score 10,000 points and drop the middle drop target on the upper playfield. I figured I had a short or bad diode on one of those switches. The diodes tested fine so I put the game in test mode and got to the switch test.

On the switch test, closing the switch for the start button caused all the switches in that row to close. The start button is a "column 1" switch. I then noticed that all of the column 1 switches caused their associated row to show closed as well. All other switches not in column 1 worked just fine.

I then went to the driver board to test the columns with my voltmeter and found the columns were putting out ~4.7 volts dc, but nothing on column 1 (pin 9). I figured a bad 7406 inverter chip I17, so I replaced that and checked the associated resistor/jumper/capacitor and they tested fine, but the issue persisted. Using the diode function on my DMM, I started checking the PIA chip and found the pin associated with column 1 measured ~20% higher than adjacent pins, so I replaced the 6820 PIA chip and now everything works fine. A bit odd, most of the PIA chip issues I run into cause the CPU board to not boot up at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-one-switch-caused-all-switches-in-row-to-close?tu=Eric_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.