• Latest reply 6 years ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2735 (resized).JPG
IMG_2667 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

If reseating the rom chip fixes it, have you tried replacing the socket? If it's original it's pretty much always needed to be replaced. Especially if you've been pulling the rom all the time.

1 week later
#4 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If reseating the rom chip fixes it, have you tried replacing the socket? If it's original it's pretty much always needed to be replaced. Especially if you've been pulling the rom all the time.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I've only pulled those two chips 3 times. The third time didn't help the situation. I pulled all 4 chips this last time and it didn't help.

If reseating the rom fixed the issue even once, replace the socket.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Another thing I recently noticed is that it boots into audit mode every time it's powered on now. Sometimes it takes cycling though 50 twice to get it into attract mode. Once in attract mode, the light show and attract sounds work fine, but once you push the start button it goes crazy as mentioned in the post above this one. The batteries are brand new so does this indicate that the 5101 CMOS RAM (IC19) is bad?
I'm putting together an order from Marco and want to have all the possible problem parts ordered at once.

With the power off, check the voltage on the ram, to ensure the battery voltage is actually reaching it. I'd so, I'd suspect the ram

2 weeks later
#12 6 years ago

Usually it won't boot without the driver board. I don't know what the test points are on that board, but you should be getting 5v between pins 1 and 5 of J2.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

On J2, pins 1 2 3 are ground. Pins 4 5 6 read 4.93 volts. Pin 9 is 12.5 volts.

That's a bit low, but not horribly....

#16 6 years ago

Looks like they just didn't bother populating stuff. The dip switches are only used on system 3 games, as is the top button.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-locks-up-during-attract-mode?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.