Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jojo97222
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi, Having an issue getting the J/L fully functional. I have installed a new Rottendog MPU327 to replace the CPU & Driver board combo. Almost everything is now working except for the following. Game powers on, load credit, press game start button and it fires ball 1 into the shooter lane. I fire the ball, score some points, it all works until the ball drains. Once it goes into the outhole it fires it into the ball rack correctly (not sure correct name) but ball 2 doesn't pop into the shooter lane nor does it register ball 2 on the ball display. But if I manually capture the ball as it is about to drain - avoiding the outhole switch and manually place it in the ball rack, it will fire the next ball into the shooter lane while the display remains as ball 1.

With my DMM, I've confirmed that the outhole wires have full continuity to the connection on the board. Also have checked for bad diodes on the outhole switch matrix column and row. On the solenoid test, all fire as they should. On the switch test, it shows no closed switches anywhere. Any ideas?

#2 7 years ago

Do you have two balls in the game?
Not sure if this would happen with only one, but the game would likely be confused in some way.

#3 7 years ago

Yeah, how many balls do you have in the game?

#4 7 years ago

Two balls in the game. The book says two and there are two ball switches in the ball rack.

1 week later
#5 7 years ago

Update: I spoke with Jerod @ Rottendog today and found there is currently a known issue with this problem on MPU327-2 boards. They are testing an updated board as we speak.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.