• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200407_214417 (resized).jpg
20200407_213328 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Game boots, goes into attract, push start button.
No ball
No drop target reset
Flippers and magnasave work
Continuous scoring
All boards were repaired by a professional

Link to video.
Picked the game up as project pin. Any help is much appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

Coils work in coil test ? Any switches stuck in switch test?

#3 4 years ago

I will run the tests today. During coil test, will I hear them? What about switch test, do I have to cycle switch by hand ? Sorry Im new and don't want to mess anything up.

#4 4 years ago

You cannot mess anything up running the test, audits or diagnostics, so don't worry about it.

Read through the manual to understand how the tests are run. There is a copy here if you don't have one: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1338

The coil test fires all the coils sequentially so you will hear and likely see the results. Watch the display to know which one is firing or not, the manual will identify the location.

The switch test will cycle through and tell you which switches are activated on the display and with a pulse sound. Start the test with all the drops up and the balls out. There should be no switches activated, so nothing will be displayed. Then put the balls in the trough and you should show the two switches active. Then you can test all the others on the pf, using a ball instead of your finger is best.

Post detailed results and we can walk you through the rest.

2 weeks later
#5 4 years ago

Running coil test. Only 21 22 make a sound.

#6 4 years ago

Check to see if you have any blown fuses for the coils. If the game was acting erratically, maybe it fired all the coils at once and was enough to blow a fuse.

Go into test mode and see if what switches may be active. When you started a game, the scoring seemed like stuck switches.

Odd problem overall. Try replacing the 5101 RAM chip. I've had a couple where the game boots, but acts weird in game play. Usually, if the 5101 is bad, it won't let the game boot, but there are exceptions.

#7 4 years ago

Your problem is with the upper drop targets. They are no resetting correctly, possibly a wire off. Before starting a game lift the center drop target in the 5 bank and it will not score until you drop it.

#8 4 years ago

Very reputable tech rebuilt all the boards. I tried pulling up the center target. No change. I did notice the magna-save is staying on now. Ugh

#9 4 years ago

Yes when I raise center drop target it it only scores 2000 points. It doesn't continue to add like in the video.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricorad:

Very reputable tech rebuilt all the boards. I tried pulling up the center target. No change. I did notice the magna-save is staying on now. Ugh

All the components on the circuit board are 40 years old, they can fail at any time regardless of the tech doing repairs. Did you verify none of the fuses were blown?

#11 4 years ago

I did previously check fuses. I will go through them again.
I just realized I did not do switch test. Will run that test tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help.

#12 4 years ago

Please pay attention to this one instruction. There is a problem with your 5 bank of drops on your upper playfield. Either a stuck switch, a wire off or a coil not resetting. Could be something odd like a connector in the backbox one pin off. TRUST ME! I know Jungle Lord inside and out and nothing else scores the scores you were getting besides the upper drops.

#13 4 years ago

I will take special care in looking at that 5 bank. I will report back. Sorry I'm slow getting back , I don't get much time for repairs.
Thanks a bunch

#14 4 years ago

Inspecting the plug connector that goes to the 5 bank coils. Two of the wires have been soldered into the connector. Very poor looking repair attempt. I'm going to replace and repin these wires.
20200407_213328 (resized).jpg20200407_213328 (resized).jpg

20200407_214417 (resized).jpg20200407_214417 (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago

I had this problem was a fuse. Don't remember which one was a 2 amp i believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-going-crazy?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.