2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PINTEC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bridgeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Newbie on electronic repair here, so I will apologize in advance for my ignorance.

I have a Jungle Lord that has been in storage a few years. I put in brand new pinpcb MPU, Driver and power supply board. Game won't boot and has a error code 9.

From my research it states that a code 9 "Coin-door closed, memory protect circuit faulty, or IC19 CMOS RAM Faulty". I guess I am assuming the memory protect circuit and CMOS RAM is okay, since these are brand new from pinpcb. It then tells me to check for coin door closed (or pin 1J4-1 or 1J3-1 is being grounded).

My question is how do I check these two things?
    How do I confirm a pin is being grounded?
    How do I check that coin door is closed? I know I can check the coin door by closing it, and I have, but is there wiring that could be bad telling the game its open?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bridgeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-error-code-9?tu=bridgeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.