8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Psutron
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Rottendog and my Jungle Lord didn't work well together either, but in that case the game was buggy for a short while and then just wouldn't boot at all, so I don't think your issue is the board in this case.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, still rookie here, but:

I think a backwards diode would definitely cause your coil not to work. My understanding of coils (could be wrong) is that both ends are supplied voltage. So there's no difference in voltage and therefore no electromagnetic activity. When a coil is to fire, one end is grounded and now there is a voltage difference. If a diode were pointing the wrong way, it would allow both ends to remain at the same voltage, therefore the coil would not fire.

Another possibility is that the mechanisms are gummed up with grease and dirt. I had target banks that would not reset in my Taxi that I disassembled and cleaned and now they are perfect. I even have one in my JL that I plan to do this to this weekend.

What happens if you manually reset the bank and then manually hit the targets. Do they drop quickly into place, or do they move slowly and resist dropping?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-drop-target-help?tu=evandickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.