Jungle 500 Pts Scoring 100 Pts Gottlieb

By Jordanloveslegos

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello,

I am in the middle of my first EM restoration project, a Gottlieb four player Jungle. The issue I am running into is that whenever I trigger something that scores 500 points (rollover, standup target, or the 500 relay itself) the score motor starts, you hear one clear *ding*, and it scores 100 points. Very rarely it will actually score correctly, seemingly 1 in 100 tries. Looking at the 100 point relay, I observed that it pulled in for the whole motor cycle, never pulsing. I have cleaned and adjusted all the contacts on: Relay D (500 Pt Relay), Relay M (100 Pt Relay), and 1A on the score motor. The error occurs on all four players. I also noticed a small (original to the machine?) jumper wire between the last switch on 1A to the last switch directly above it. Not sure if this is suppose to be there or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW I have the schematics.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Does the 100 Point (M) relay release when the 500 Point (D) relay does?
Does it do this for all 4 players?

If the 100 Point relay never releases and it only holds in for 1 player, check the End-Of-Stroke switch on that player's 100 point score unit.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Does the 100 Point (M) relay release when the 500 Point (D) relay does?
Does it do this for all 4 players?
If the 100 Point relay never releases and it only holds in for 1 player, check the End-Of-Stroke switch on that player's 100 point score unit.

Yes the 100 relay does release at the end of the 500 cycle on all four players.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
Various novelties
$ 8.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-500-pts-scoring-100-pts-gottlieb?hl=jordanloveslegos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.