You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1494985706821 (resized).jpg
1494985373307 (resized).jpg
1494985277683 (resized).jpg
1494984663952 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingofKoopas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

When you say lubricated what do you mean? WD-40 is a HUGE no no in EM as it's not only flammable, but it gums up over time and creates nothing but problems.

If I'm reading this right you're saying that the ball count unit (the stepper in picture 3) isn't moving unless you manually cycle it? If so it might actually be the switch on the score motor that pulses the ballcount unit. On my 2 player gottlieb, it was a switch on stack 1A of the score motor (the wheel in picture 2) that was dirty and causing this behavior. Without the schematics though I'm not sure if it's the same switch.

Other things to check that could cause the score motor to run is the zero position switches on the score reels. It's a switch that should close when the score reel is set to 0. If all the 0 positions switches don't make good contact the machine will get caught in a boot loop as it doesn't think the reels are reset.

I want to say that the ballcount unit is where you should be focusing, but I only have experience with the gottlieb ems that used the AX resets, so I'm not familiar with how the reset bank plays in to the reset. I still say cleaning all the rivets and switches on the ballcount unit wouldn't hurt though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingofKoopas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jumping-jack-start-up-problems?tu=KingofKoopas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.