You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
5707BDAE-C3F4-4A86-B327-CE95C47C6DAA (resized).jpeg
39B17AA2-A655-465A-9ACF-E3DCED5F3893 (resized).jpeg
1192EB4F-9E10-42FC-AB50-9C29BFBE011A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just recently received a gottlieb “jumping jack” last weekend. Game is in nice cosmetic shape but mechanically needs some love. I do not currently have the schematic for this game so if I could get some assistance in the mean time that would be awesome.

-The game lights up, coins up, fully resets both players to 0, and counts the balls for each player. The 10 thousands score reel will not roll over from 0 to 1 after a score of 9990, and additional points are scored. I am assuming it is an issue out side the score reels as it does the same thing for each player. Thanks in advance for your help!

1192EB4F-9E10-42FC-AB50-9C29BFBE011A (resized).jpeg1192EB4F-9E10-42FC-AB50-9C29BFBE011A (resized).jpeg

39B17AA2-A655-465A-9ACF-E3DCED5F3893 (resized).jpeg39B17AA2-A655-465A-9ACF-E3DCED5F3893 (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago

I am in the process of going through all of the reels this afternoon. Is it normal for there to be what I believe to be dielectric grease on the contact board of the score reel? Any other advice on going though the decagon reels?

5707BDAE-C3F4-4A86-B327-CE95C47C6DAA (resized).jpeg5707BDAE-C3F4-4A86-B327-CE95C47C6DAA (resized).jpeg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

If you add points to the 10,000 reels and then try to reset the machine do the 10,000s reels turn back to 0?
If so you are probably looking at a score reel adjustment on the 1,000 reels with a switch not being closed when in the 9 position.

If I manually step the score to say 10,000 points it will not reset. The score motor continues to run until I manually step it down to zero.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Everything goes through the ball count unit. Try cleaning the contacts and rivets.

Hope to have time to go through the ball count unit this week. What’s the best way clean and adjust the contacts on these? Fully disassemble the unit and clean everything? Thanks for your guidance.

#13 6 years ago

The scoring was indeed remedied through the ball count unit. Most of the switches were quite dirty! Next step is to go through the drop target assembly. Needs adjusting as sometimes they stick and other times won’t reset.

#15 6 years ago

Thanks again HowardR I appreciate your help along the way. Thanks everyone for your paitients with a EM newbie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jumping-jack-scoring-issues?tu=BenB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.