• Latest reply 7 years ago by woz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

Ok, I've tried. I've read the schematic a bunch, but my Jumping Jack still has a strange issue. It scores 5010 points at the lit saucer, but it should only score 3000 points there. Unlit it scores 500, as I think it should (not written on the playfield). The lit one triggers the bonus 10x multiplier fine. The C relay (50 or 3000 score relay) looks good all the way through. So I'm definitely missing something in this one.

Anyone have any thoughts or direction? The extra 2010 points sort of unbalances the scoring, and it's just not right. Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

Without digging into the schematics, it sounds like a score motor switch isn't open when it should be, allowing all five pulses to score. The unlit hole should score 300 according to the book.

2 weeks later
#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice. There WAS a switch in the score motor that wasn't opening! That gets me much closer. The unlit scoop now scores 300 as it should, but my last issue is the extra 10 points on the lit scoop (3010 points now). It isn't anything gapped to close that I can tell. Banging on the playfield doesn't cause it. So still a small mystery.

#4 7 years ago

Check your 10-point Relay. With machine on,use a small wood stick and gently press each individual switch. One of them will sound the chime.

#5 7 years ago

Without analyzing the circuit timing first (gotta go out!) I would check the contacts highlighted below and make sure they are gapped correctly.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jumping-jack-scoring-issue-5k-at-lit-saucer?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.