Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by swtrains
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jumping Jack Match lights (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

Can anyone guide me on this, please? The number match appears to be inoperative in that no number displays on the backglass at game end.

I have located the AX relay with its twin discs - all seems clean there and the wipe arms seem to be making contact.

Are there any obvious places to check? And I would like to check all the bulbs are okay for this feature in the backglass - can I do this without firing up a game?

I have a schematic, but as per usual, it is not speaking to me!

Many thanks!

#2 7 months ago

If game is on and shows "game over" a match number should show, unless bulb is out. You can ratchet the AX to light another number. First check in backbox to make sure plug is plugged in for Match. This may help until the real help shows up.

#3 7 months ago

Thanks Spiderpin - I have seen pictures of Match plugs on other games, but cant recall seeing one on my machine. Will go check just to make sure though!

#4 7 months ago

If none of your match lights are working I'd start with the things they have in common, the two switches in the red box:
Jumping Jack Match lights (resized).jpg
If you have other back box lights on you can assume that the fuse is good.

/Mark

#5 7 months ago

Be sure to check to see if any of the wires have broken from either of the 10 point score reel circuit boards. A single wire disconnected here can cause problems.

#6 7 months ago

Make sure the Match feature is enabled. Once verified, check that all of the lamps and sockets are good.

#7 7 months ago

Hey, thanks for all the help!

There were many bulbs out - but even replacing them didn't improve things much as a previous owner seems to have used quite a dark clearcoat to protect the back glass which makes it hard for a light to shine through.

But at least I know they are there and working! Just have to wait and see if a matching number now gives a credit - is there a way to check that without playing multiple games?

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from swtrains:

Just have to wait and see if a matching number now gives a credit - is there a way to check that without playing multiple games?

EM game will need to be played. To do it safely for a 1sr timer. You can take glass off. Drain 4 balls. See what number the match is on (AX). Set number on reel to number on match. Drain (SDTM) your last ball. And hear knock for "Match".

#9 7 months ago

Hi swtrains
another way to check the No-Match is, see the MarkG 's JPG in post-4 --- manipulate the switch on the XB-Last-Ball-Relay to be always closed (using a Jumper-Wire) --- play a two player game - making 100 points makes the AX (No-Match) to step. Greetings Rolf

#10 7 months ago

Thanks again for all the help and support so generously given.

Rolf, great to hear from you again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.50
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 1,000.00
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside