(Topic ID: 235253)

Jumping Jack Lane Change - Wrong Subforum

By Hammerhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

My Jumping Jack works great except for one small issue. 90% of the time the left rollover at the top of the playfield is lit, only 10% for the right rollover. Hitting the pops should switch the rollovers back and forth, but all that happens is the right rollover will only blink and then switch immediately back to the left rollover. Maybe one in 10 hits will the right rollover stay lit.
Someone suggested that the match relay could be the culprit. I haven't investigated this yet. Any other thoughts before I open the head and look around?

That’s similar to what happened on my Space Mission and it WAS the match unit relay that caused it. Mine was self inflicted as it seems most problems with EMs are. I took the Match stepper apart because it wasn’t advancing due to slippage of the ratchet. After fixing the stepper, I noticed that the left and right top rollover lights stopped coming on when they were supposed to. What had happened was I accidentally made a switch on the Match relay open too much when putting the stepper back together and that switch was responsible for those 2 rollover lights coming on. I adjusted the switch to where it was supposed to be and the top rollover lights are now working. Hopefully your issue is as easy as that. I’ll try to take a picture of the switch and post it later if it helps. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jumping-jack-lane-changes?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.