8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Incomer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 months ago

I have a JJ and JITB that I want to make one a keeper. The JJ has better cabinet by far and plays well but JITB has way nicer playfield. Wondering if the playfields (populated) are interchangeable? Thanks in advance, Ed.

#2 8 months ago

Yes, they are most likely interchangeable. You can confirm this by comparing each of the jones plugs on the connecting cables of the two playfields. If both PFs have the exact same set of jones plugs, with the exact same number of pins on each plug, and in the same orientation, then you are 90% there. If you compare the wire colors at a few of the pin locations on each of the matching jones plugs, and they are the same wire color, you can be very confident that the PFs can be swapped.

If any of the above doesn't match up, then you most likely can't swap the two PFs without doing some re-wiring.

- TimMe

#3 8 months ago

Compare all the Jones plug wire colors. If any are different, even if the playfield swap works, you'll never have a schematic with correct wire colors.

#4 8 months ago

Thanks guys, I will follow your tips and see if it's a go.

#5 8 months ago

I've made this exact switch and it works fine with no modification.

1 week later
    #6 8 months ago

Thanks for the reply edednedy. I will try it also, Ed.

#7 8 months ago

I have also done it and the other playfield just slots straight in, no problem

But only the playfield is interchangeable - you can't use one motor board with the other head if you were thinking of that

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside