• Latest reply 3 years ago by tomtest
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DB0CBCED-1513-4947-8FBA-25C4E6AA8A31 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi all, looking for some schematic help. I have a Gottlieb Jumping Jack currently set to 3 ball game play that never ends a game. When the 3rd ball drains, bonus scoring occurs and then the ball is kicked out to play a 4th ball. 4th ball drains, scores, and kicks out for a 5th ball. 5th ball drains and kicks out for a 6th. Once the 6th or 7th ball is kicked out, the Player 1 score tries to reset. The same scenario happens when in 5 ball mode. I put it in 3 just to shorten debug timing.

I’ve narrowed it down to the Last Ball relay (XB). The XB coil is not firing meaning the Last Ball relay is never tripped and the game doesn’t end. If I manually trip the XB relay on the start of ball 3, when the ball drains and the bonus score is complete, the game goes to Game Over just like it should.

I’m having a hard time deciphering the schematic for XB and what/where a most likely culprit is. The Bonus Value relay (LB) that’s basically on the same circuit fires when the 3rd ball is kicked out and passes over the switch in the trough. Should XB be activated at the same time?

Is that an O (out hole relay) or Q (bonus score relay) normally open switch just before the XB coil in the schematic?

Thanks for the assist!

DB0CBCED-1513-4947-8FBA-25C4E6AA8A31 (resized).jpegDB0CBCED-1513-4947-8FBA-25C4E6AA8A31 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Apparently typing out what was occurring was my ticket to success. Recognizing the LB was firing properly, I looked at the outhole switch (O) assuming that or the ball return switch were the problem. The bottom switch on the outhole switch stack was not quite making contact. Quick gap adjustment and games are ending as expected.

#3 3 years ago

At least you were able to obtain high score on it, never to be beaten.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jumping-jack-game-never-ending-last-ball-relay- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.