Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently acquired a Jumping Jack and noticed that the 10x bonus always scores on the right hole regardless of which one is lit. The first thing I found when I started investigating was that the AX relay and associated jones plug harnesses were completely missing. To replace the AX relay function of firing the A relay solenoid, somebody added a third switch to the 4E motor position and hooked that up to the A relay coil to power it when the motor is in position 4. It appears this modified setup almost works. The red and yellow lights alternate, but the bonus feature always scores on the right hole.

Problem 1: I am having trouble adjusting the A relay switches. There seems to be very little travel between the on and off. I made sure the switch on the motor that powers the coil was clean and making good contact. The ohms reading of the coil is right on to what it's supposed to be (20.5). But, the bonus only functions properly (matching the lit side) when I assist it with a push. I tried adjusting the gaps, but can't seem to get it dialed in. Either it activates the bonus on the right side or not at all. Looking for recommendations on how to adjust these types of relays.

Problem 2: Where to find a replacement AX relay and associated harnesses. If any body happens to have a parts machine laying around with this assembly please let me know!

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Switches should be adjusted so that when activated or deactivated the long blade moves the short blade a little bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jumping-jack-a-and-ax-relay-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.