(Topic ID: 246571)

July 4th Earthshaker in Los Angeles area - you ok?

By Vino

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Our fellow CA pinheads in LA area got a 6 plus magnitude roller today, how is everyone doing?

#2 4 years ago

Another one today @ 6.9.
Looks like epicenter is in a more rural area.

#3 4 years ago

That one was a pretty good roller. Lots of tv news junk but no news reports from Ridgecrest area yet. That had to be a slammer there this time.

#4 4 years ago

I'm in Glendale and our house was really shaking. I was in the middle of a game and I'm surprised it didn't tilt.

#5 4 years ago

I know it’s be careful what you wish for, but once in my life I want to experience this.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know it’s be careful what you wish for, but once in my life I want to experience this.

It’s an extremely uncomfortable thing when it happens. The problem is, when it starts all you can think of is, what if this is the big one? And you don’t want to be there in the big one, no sir.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was on a call with people in New York a few years back when you guys had that quake, did you not get to feel that one?

#8 4 years ago

On vacation in San Diego, and I am up on the 37th floor. The building was shaking and swaying. I ran out of the building and went to a bar. Was an extremely weird feeling.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was on a call with people in New York a few years back when you guys had that quake, did you not get to feel that one?

I was sitting at my desk. For some reason, my knee started shaking slowly and hitting the desk. I thought I was having a stroke or something.

A few minutes later I found out we had experienced a bone-rattling quake!!

So yeah I remember it. It was super weird but that’s about it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was sitting at my desk. For some reason, my knee started shaking slowly and hitting the desk. I thought I was having a stroke or something.
A few minutes later I found out we had experienced a bone-rattling quake!!
So yeah I remember it. It was super weird but that’s about it.

I've lived in CA all my life, been in plenty of quakes, some big ones. Don't want to sound casual about it, the earth moves, fuck that lol. But these last couple were odd ones. Real slow rollers, no violent shaking, no dishes rattling, no cracking or anything. One that hit yesterday happened right after I sat down and I thought I was getting dizzy, didn't even recognize it as a quake right away. More like your house became a boat for a half minute.

Tonight I was soaking in the tub with a beer and Stranger Things on the laptop when it hit. Stronger than yesterday, but same rolling feeling, water in the tub was sloshing gently. I dunno man, they don't teach us the rules about earthquakes and bathtubs, but I felt dumb lying there, so I got out and stood in the doorway until I was sure it passed.

I would call these ones odd, even with all the ones I've been in.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fuck that! I like the ground to stay still under my feet. No thank you. No way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/july-4th-earthshaker-in-los-angeles-area-you-ok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.