Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinbub
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210829_021229426_BURST009 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-180316 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    20160903_142649 (resized).jpg
    20160913_213311 (resized).jpg
    20161101_101935 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image-484.jpg
    image-49.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    IMG_2523.JPG
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

That looks nice. I used to have one like it and The Mother of Plastic 78 player! I actually found a set of Elvis 78's custom made. VERY expensive! Lugging those machines up a flight of stairs is a memory that stays with you! (3 guys, boards and ropes)
    Edit: Talkin' about the Rock-Ola!

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This is my 2012, 22" touchscreen jukebox with 6000 albums installed.
    2,400 watts of crystal clean power.

Wow, impressive. That just runs MS player?

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Wow, impressive. That just runs MS player?

Actually it runs a dedicated software called Album Player.

http://www.albumplayer.com/

=

Here was the build process:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/audiophile-music-server-project

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Actually it runs a dedicated software called Album Player.

http://www.albumplayer.com/

=

Here was the build process:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/audiophile-music-server-project

Very cool! Bet it sounds great. I've got a side hobby of retro hi-fi audio gear, but don't put as much money into it as my other hobbies. I have two setups currently:

Pioneer PL-530 through Technics SA-5760 powering two KLH M365s

and

Gemini TT-02 through B&O Beomaster 4400 powering two ADS L-620s

Anyone who puts down vinyl has just never heard it through a good system in my book.

#56 11 years ago

Vinyl rocks!

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from sb80:

Anybody got a jukebox in the gameroom, what brand? Im looking at some with ipod hookups, dont care about cds.

I have this NSM... you can get a harness to hook-up an iPod to it.

Do you live near maryland/VA/PA or DE? The Coin-Op warehouse up in Hagerstown,MD has a ton of jukeboxes. I contacted them at one point and they said they have a load of wall-mounts... 6.jpg6.jpg

#58 11 years ago

That's similar to the one I have, but you can see the mech in the front. They don't want them anymore because they only hold 100 cd's (plenty for me) and the internet is the thing...

#59 11 years ago

I think I found one at the pinball company in missouri. A Wurlitzer with an optional ipod hook-up. It holds 100cds which is plenty for me, also looks really cool. Its either a new jukebox or pin and Im leaning towards a jukebox.

#60 11 years ago

Can't beat the gift of music...

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Redketchup:

I have 5 jukes... Wurlitzer 700 (1941) and 1900 (1956) rockola 1428 (1948) seeburg HF 100R (1954) and seeburg VL 200 (1955)

Wow I'm flipping over this jukebox you have. It reminds me a lot of Roby the robot from the Forbidden Planet!
    forbidden-robby-2.jpgforbidden-robby-2.jpg
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#62 11 years ago

Duplicate post

#63 11 years ago

So good it reminded you twice!

#64 11 years ago

Robby_anne_phone.JPGRobby_anne_phone.JPG

#65 11 years ago

Yea I hate when that happens!

#66 11 years ago

No worries...and it gave me a chance to share a picture of my favorite prop!

#67 11 years ago

I saw the 1954 Forbidden Planet last week. It's interesting how people incorporate technology of the day into their futuristic imaginations. For example, the sound of an old manual crank-operated desk calculator plays after Roby talks as the lifter thingy's flip in his glass dome.

#68 11 years ago

Wow I'm flipping over this jukebox you have. It reminds me a lot of Roby the robot from the Forbidden Planet!

How about this one?

conti.jpgconti.jpg

#69 11 years ago

I love that bubble dome.
    I think one of the coolest things about a jukebox is the mechanical action of locating the selection, loading it, playing it and putting it back.

I could never understand why so many of the late 60's, 70's and 80's jukebox designs chose to hide this animated feature.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

For example, the sound of an old manual crank-operated desk calculator plays after Roby talks as the lifter thingy's flip in his glass dome.

Soooo true. Bigger technology...bigger vacuum tubes...

11 months later
    #71 10 years ago

I just trade my wurlitzer 1900 for this beautiful wurlitzer 750e...

750-3.JPG750-3.JPG 750-1.JPG750-1.JPG 750-2.JPG750-2.JPG
    #72 10 years ago

I just got in a new juke in the house. Nothing wildly special, but I like it -- AMI/ROWE CD-100E with pro player upgrade. My AMI/ROWE R-90 is currently pending sale and pick up out in the garage. I love the idea of a 45 juke better, but CDs just made more sense and gave me a reason to get my CD collection out of the closet and to some use.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Redketchup:

I just trade my wurlitzer 1900 for this beautiful wurlitzer 750e...

A beauty!! (I DO love the 1900 as well!) And you have the same drum set I just sold!

#74 10 years ago

Antique Apparatus remake. Rock-la CD-8B Bubbler Jukebox. It holds 100 CD's I love the thing to death.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
    #75 10 years ago

Rowe R-84 Disco. Painted purple and cleaned up subwoofers. (Plays 45s)

IMG_2523.JPGIMG_2523.JPG

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Antique Apparatus remake. Rock-la CD-8B Bubbler Jukebox. It holds 100 CD's I love the thing to death.

photo.JPG 170 KB

how much do those go for?

#77 10 years ago

Well the general ballpark price is roughly around $2800-$3800. And They rarely sell for as low as $2800 but do dip down there every once in awhile. I generally see them go for a median price of about $3200-$3300. I think thats crazy expensive for a big piece of furniture that does less than an Ipod. But I did nab mine for $1500, so deals can be had on them.

#78 10 years ago

$1,500 was a great deal....

#79 10 years ago

Yah I was pumped to get it. Pumped enough to do a stupid dance in the seat while driving away

#80 10 years ago

Christ Almighty you fellas got yerselves some BEAUTIFUL machines. Those old Wurlitzers are just works of art.

#81 10 years ago

Mr. Ketchup, that 950 up there is so goddamn pretty I would just sit there all day caressing her, whispering sweet things to her....

#82 10 years ago

What's a Seeburg R go for these days?

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from jukehero1:

Here are 2 of mine.I have 2 others.A 1954 Seeburg model R and Wurlitzer One More Time there.

myjuke1.jpg 199 KB

myjuke1a.jpg 165 KB

LOVE your Seeburg!!

#84 10 years ago

1979 rockola 480 full of records from that year as well
    image-484.jpgimage-484.jpgimage-49.jpgimage-49.jpgimage-4.jpgimage-4.jpg

2 years later
    #85 7 years ago

Anyone know what this is worth?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#86 7 years ago

I have a Rockola 1484 wall mount model at my house. Belongs to a friend but I said I'd take a look at it. Does anyone have any knowledge of this guy or the ability to direct my to so repair information? Would be appreciated.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

I have a Rockola 1484 wall mount model at my house. Belongs to a friend but I said I'd take a look at it. Does anyone have any knowledge of this guy or the ability to direct my to so repair information? Would be appreciated.

Go to the PhonoLand.com forum. Lots of deep knowledge on jukeboxes. They helped me a lot with the restoration of my '57 Wurlitzer.

#88 7 years ago

Rowe CD-51. My family loves the jukebox more than any of the pins. We listen to it constantly.

20161101_101935 (resized).jpg20161101_101935 (resized).jpg

20160913_213311 (resized).jpg20160913_213311 (resized).jpg

#89 7 years ago

She is a little ugly but the sound is AMAZING! It has the same 250w amplifier, 100 Cd carousel, and speakers as the Cd-100 but in a much smaller package.

20160903_142649 (resized).jpg20160903_142649 (resized).jpg

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Go to the PhonoLand.com forum. Lots of deep knowledge on jukeboxes. They helped me a lot with the restoration of my '57 Wurlitzer.

Unfortunately the website shit down in October. There is a Facebook page but I suspect many of the resources the forum would have had are lost.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Unfortunately the website shit down in October. There is a Facebook page but I suspect many of the resources the forum would have had are lost.

WOW, that is really disappointing. I usually go on the site every few weeks on the odd chance I can help someone with something I encountered. Can't believe it's been over two months. Thanks for the head's up.

#92 7 years ago

Alright just picked up a Rock Ola CD jukebox that's not working. It doesn't even power on.. Where to start? so I checked all the fuses on the power supply and nothing is blown. I resolded all pins on power supply circuit board and still nothing. I am getting voltage from the cordor I believe it's called but still nothing. It is very difficult to move the switch from on to off to power machine on but I am getting voltage out of the switch so I don't believe the switch is the problem. Is there some type of switch inside the machine that needs to be move to power it on?

Do anyone know if there is a common problem on these power supply boards?

#93 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#94 7 years ago

It might have a secondary switch, most arcade games do. It is a switch that is usually associated with the service door being closed. If you take a pic of the whole machine, we should be able to see it. Also, did you check the fuses with a meter?

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know what this is worth?

If complete, but not working; $500.00- $1000.00 depending on location.

#96 7 years ago

Thanks, yes I checked all the fuses on the power supply with my meter. I'll take some more pictures maybe you can point me in the right direction of the secondary power switch. Thanks!

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks, yes I checked all the fuses on the power supply with my meter. I'll take some more pictures maybe you can point me in the right direction of the secondary power switch. Thanks!

Usually part of the remote volume control. A jumper may be missing. Get wiring diagram and follow/trace the current.

#98 7 years ago

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Usually part of the remote volume control. A jumper may be missing. Get wiring diagram and follow/trace the current.

Thanks I am checking into that right now. There is no remote with this machine but I believe there is a plug for a remote

#100 7 years ago

Here's the manual I found online for it..

Don't see anything about a remote..

http://www.rock-ola.com/Documents/Master_60761-02_2009.pdf

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukeboxes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.