6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190829_101033 (resized).jpg
IMG952019082595215444199 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
JukeBox.jpg
IMG_2491.jpg
IMG_2490.jpg
juke_001.jpg
P1081297.JPG
P1081305.JPG
P1081288.JPG
during_cabinet.jpg
before_rside.jpg
before_tearedown3.jpg
IMG_8090.JPG
AMI6.jpg
AMI7.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Can anyone point me to someone or something that can provide me with current market values/pricing on jukeboxes?

I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

#2 6 years ago

Hey Jeff, is there a particular jukebox you're looking at? My dad's a jukebox collector - I could check with him for a resource if you're looking for a large list of prices, or could ask him about a particular box if you want.

#3 6 years ago

I might be able to help as I keep my eye on them and I've owned and restored a few of them over the years. Currently right now, I have a 1954 Seeburg HF100R. I posted a restoration thread about it a few months back with lots of pics.

#4 6 years ago

I wish i could find someone to work on my 1958 AMI-120. I've done most of the cosmetic part myself, but the mechanical part stumps me.

Before.jpg After.jpg AMI5.jpg AMI7.jpg AMI6.jpg

#5 6 years ago

I went through this same decision process a couple of years ago. At first I was only interested in one of the older machines that only played 45s. I looked at a couple (Seeburg and a Wurlitzer) but then realized this was not what I wanted. After considerable research we bought a Rock-Ola CD Blubber Jukebox (Walnut). It holds 100 CDs. We pretty much have it full (96 or 97 CDs). However, I must say that we use the iPod probably 90% of the time. I don't know how many total songs we have but it is in the thousands. We listen to music every day. It sits in our living room - the colors are very impressive (especially at night). When a guest enters our house they invariability head straight for it. Very good sound. A new one will probably cost somewhere in the $6,000 range - give or take a few hundred. If I could only keep one - my Tron Pro or my Rock-Ola Jukebox.... goodbye Tron. Do yourself a big favor Jeff, get a Rock-Ola or a Wurlitzer CD Jukebox.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from RockChalk:

I wish i could find someone to work on my 1958 AMI-120. I've done most of the cosmetic part myself, but the mechanical part stumps me.

Wow, that looks fantastic! Nice work!

#7 6 years ago

Thanks E_N_3 The good thing is that it is a unique jukebox...the bad thing is that it is a unique jukebox. Hard to find anyone that knows how to work on the record mechanisms.

IMG_8090.JPG

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Hey Jeff, is there a particular jukebox you're looking at? My dad's a jukebox collector - I could check with him for a resource if you're looking for a large list of prices, or could ask him about a particular box if you want.

Thanks, Collin!

I PM'd you via Pinsidemail.

Thanks!
Jeff

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I went through this same decision process a couple of years ago. At first I was only interested in one of the older machines that only played 45s. I looked at a couple (Seeburg and a Wurlitzer) but then realized this was not what I wanted. After considerable research we bought a Rock-Ola CD Blubber Jukebox (Walnut). It holds 100 CDs. We pretty much have it full (96 or 97 CDs). However, I must say that we use the iPod probably 90% of the time. I don't know how many total songs we have but it is in the thousands. We listen to music every day. It sits in our living room - the colors are very impressive (especially at night). When a guest enters our house they invariability head straight for it. Very good sound. A new one will probably cost somewhere in the $6,000 range - give or take a few hundred. If I could only keep one - my Tron Pro or my Rock-Ola Jukebox.... goodbye Tron. Do yourself a big favor Jeff, get a Rock-Ola or a Wurlitzer CD Jukebox.

James,

This is very helpful information and I appreciate your feedback!

I *love* Rock-Ola Bubblers!

Thanks,
Jeff

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I might be able to help as I keep my eye on them and I've owned and restored a few of them over the years. Currently right now, I have a 1954 Seeburg HF100R. I posted a restoration thread about it a few months back with lots of pics.

Hey, Craig!

I PM'd you...

Thanks for the reply to my post!
Jeff

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from RockChalk:

Your cosmetic work is stunning!

Excellent work!
Jeff

#12 6 years ago

I too am looking for prices on a jukebox... I have an opportunity to pick up a 1967 Seeburg SS160 (picks up a record but immediately puts it back and needs a little bit of cosmetic work as well). Thoughts on what it might be worth? Is the anything in the jukebox world similar to the Mr. Pinball price guide?

#13 6 years ago

On the Seeburg SS160, check your limit switch. There should be a microswitch that is tripped when the record gets to the end of playing, and returns it to the carousel. My Seeburg HF100R developed a problem such as this and it ended up being the limit switch. It would pick a record up to play, drop the tone arm to play, and then immediately put the record back up and go to the next record. Being that it was from 1954 and a micro switch from 1954..that isn't very MICRO if you know what I mean. I was able to take it apart, clean the contacts, put it back together and it's working like a champ again.

#14 6 years ago

Rockchalk
To bad you arn't closer to Denver, I have an AMI/ROWE tech in our shop. If you wanted to bring it to Denver I'm sure he would be up for working on it.

As for the OP. Can you tell us what kinda of jukebox you want? CD, 45, 78, Digital?

I'm a AMI/Rowe Distributor.

#15 6 years ago

Here are a few pics of my Seeburg HF100R during restoration and after.
LOVE IT! It's beautiful and sounds great.
Took it down to the frame.

before_tearedown3.jpg before_rside.jpg during_cabinet.jpg

#16 6 years ago

The finished product.

P1081288.JPG P1081305.JPG P1081297.JPG

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Rockchalk
To bad you arn't closer to Denver, I have an AMI/ROWE tech in our shop. If you wanted to bring it to Denver I'm sure he would be up for working on it.
As for the OP. Can you tell us what kinda of jukebox you want? CD, 45, 78, Digital?

Denver is a lot closer than NY. Lot cheaper to ship something there and it would also be a good excuse for me to do some skiing this winter. Can your tech get something like this up and running again? It kinda worked when i got it...had to change the brushes in a couple of the motors, etc...seems like it is out of sync or something. Just too many weird switches, relays, etc...

#18 6 years ago

I have a Rockola 1454. Love how it pulls the records out.

juke_001.jpg

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from RockChalk:

Denver is a lot closer than NY. Lot cheaper to ship something there and it would also be a good excuse for me to do some skiing this winter. Can your tech get something like this up and running again? It kinda worked when i got it...had to change the brushes in a couple of the motors, etc...seems like it is out of sync or something. Just too many weird switches, relays, etc...

Cap kit maybe? Should be fairly easy for a jukebox tech. Will probably cost you 200-400$. I have a Seeburg DS160 that "partially worked" when I bought it. Fortunately, the Portland area has a Jukebox repair shop locally, http://www.nostalgiasounds.com/

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

Cap kit maybe? Should be fairly easy for a jukebox tech. Will probably cost you 200-400$. I have a Seeburg DS160 that "partially worked" when I bought it. Fortunately, the Portland area has a Jukebox repair shop locally, http://www.nostalgiasounds.com/

I had the amp rebuilt so the last part of the puzzle is to get the mechanism up and working correctly. Seems like there is some sort of timing issue with the basket assembly and when the arm grabs the record, etc... I had it playing when i first picked it up...i just need someone to go thru it and get it cleaned, lubed, and dialed in so that it works consistently. I'm 75% there with the restoration...just need to find someone to bring her home!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Rockchalk

Thanks for the follow-up post!

I have PM'd you via Pinsidemail and am hopeful you can help to shed some additional light...

Thanks again,
Jeff

#22 6 years ago

Try Phonoland.com....they're a wealth of information!
Hope this helps.

Paul

Post edited by kamenoi_ostrow : wrong url

#23 6 years ago

I got mine for $450. Rowe r84. Plays 100 records (200 selections)

IMG_2490.jpg IMG_2491.jpg

2 weeks later
#24 6 years ago

Heads up, these are not very fun to work on. I have an issue with the mechs not returning the record to the wheel after the song is played. Anyone on pinside work on the mech boards?

1 week later
#25 6 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Heads up, these are not very fun to work on.

True dat. I just bought a 1967 Seeburg SS-160. As far as pinballs go, I am a solid state type of guy for the most part so these EM-like jukeboxes are definitely a completely different world.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

True dat. I just bought a 1967 Seeburg SS-160. As far as pinballs go, I am a solid state type of guy for the most part so these EM-like jukeboxes are definitely a completely different world.

My buddy bought an em Jukebox. It looked like a mess to work on. Got mine up and running now and in the basement.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

My buddy bought an em Jukebox. It looked like a mess to work on. Got mine up and running now and in the basement.

I think part of the reason why they're hard to work on is because they're so complicated and also because if even a single one of those switches get tweaked the slightest bit out of whack it becomes a nightmare pretty quickly. Amazes me how people manage to even upkeep the things.

#28 6 years ago

Are these worth anything? Got four of them in various working conditions. Heard the NSM brand was good, but obviously not collectibles. If anyone in So Cal wants them for parts or projects, let me know.
JukeBox.jpg

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Are these worth anything? Got four of them in various working conditions. Heard the NSM brand was good, but obviously not collectibles. If anyone in So Cal wants them for parts or projects, let me know.

JukeBox.jpg 57 KB

CD ones arnt worth much. NSM is good because they still produce parts.

3 years later
#30 2 years ago

Anyone know what this is worth?

image (resized).png

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know what this is worth?

Yes, 100 dollars but I will give you 200 for it

2 years later
#32 3 months ago

I am looking for the value of a Seeburg 100jl. It's part of a package deal and I know nothing about jukeboxes
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG952019082595215444199 (resized).jpg

20190829_101033 (resized).jpg
#33 3 months ago

Anyone know who works on Jukeboxes in NY?? I don’t own any, but I have a few friends who keep bugging me since OBVIOUSLY pinball and jukeboxes are basically the same thing!
If I had someone to direct them too that’d be awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.50
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.95
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.95
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside