• 1,143 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1353 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1354 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Is anyone on here familiar w/ repairing a Philips CD PRO cd player for my juke boxes? I have 2 that don't work...one is the 1252 the other is a 1254

We used to replace the laser diodes back in the day but I haven’t seen any for sale in over a decade. It’s stupid what a CDPro goes for now. I think they’re around $450...

8 months later
#343 4 years ago

This isn’t my SMC2-it’s in for repair. I just figured some of y’all would dig the label on the title glass...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#345 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

What's wrong with it and what type of work will you be doing?

Alkaline damage in the control center.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Interesting, will you be repairing the computer or replacing it with the updated unit?

It’s repaired and already back to the customer

2 weeks later
#367 4 years ago
Quoted from NJNeil:

Hi all - I'm thinking about purchasing my first Jukebox for my gameroom. What do folks think about the Wurlitzer One More Time series? The one I am looking at is the 100CD version. Welcome any opinions - thanks!

The Wurlitzer is junk. Get the Antique Apparatus-it’s superior. The Rockola is fair. Not bad not great.

1 year later
#798 2 years ago

If anyone has any interest in an AMI C Model PM me. It worked last time we turned it on a few years ago. Plays 78’s.

I’ve also got a clean KD200 that will probably be up for sale in the near future.

1 year later
#952 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi all I have a Seeburg SCCD-2 or 1 ,does anyone know why it's resetting all the time now .thanks

As forementioned, check the power supply. Been a minute since I worked on an SCD, but seems like they would reboot if there was a player issue? I may be confusing this for a different juke-I’ve worked on thousands. Seriously thousands.

6 months later
#1019 11 months ago
Quoted from dhutton:

Those supports are a great idea. I remember sticking a 2x4 inside my Seeburg SMC1 to hold it up before I found replacement shocks. I was always worried about bumping the 2x4 and the lid falling on my head.

When we ran CD boxes, you always had vise grips with you to act as a stop. Clamp them on one of the shocks when you change cds or even pull the money from the dba

1 month later
#1027 10 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Non working = 100-300
Working = 600-1400
Condition is everything.

Ironic the guy that chimes in on the AMI values is in Grand Rapids…

2 weeks later
#1050 10 months ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

Jukeboxes in general are prone to not work reliably. Rock-ola is the last jukebox manufacturer, and their new machines (approximately $10k price point) actually work when pulled from the box. Good machines, but like all Rock-Olas with gripper arms, they will need lubrication in the next 6-8 years.
Wurlitzer OMT is my recommendation. They have one part (A K7 actuator) that is made of nylon plastic, and will fail on every one of these jukeboxes. Once that has been replaced with a nylon-glass-bead filled replacement you will have almost no maintenance. They also have a small light bulb that counts the slots to determine which CD or record position the basket is in. That bulb can burn out, but they usually have a replacement in a baggie inside. Again, almost no maintenance.
Also, on the OMT-CD, it is the only CD jukebox that I know of that makes it easy to just add CD's or swap out CD's without having to 'MAP' the new discs. It's not hard to 'MAP' the CD's but five years, ten years from now that procedure is something you'll have to look up because you won't remember how to do it. With Wurlitzer you don't have to.
Wurlitzer will need oiling, the mechanism will get stiff and freeze up, but that's on the 20-year cycle, as opposed to the 6-8 year cycle I see on Rock-Olas.
I like Rowe's a lot, but the 45 mechanisms are quite old now, and the CD's require mapping and the computers have batteries (so do Rock-Olas) that will fail.
Bubbler Jukeboxes are FRAGILE. Don't squeeze the white plastics where the bubble tubes are behind the plastic. Popping a bubble tube is not only likely a $500+ repair, but the dye in those tubes cannot be removed from stone, vinyl flooring, wood flooring, manufactured wood flooring, or carpet! Bubblers also are heavy (about 350 lb), and there is no where to grab them that isn't likely to break a bubble tube.
That having been said, there is no room that is not improved by the look of a bubbler jukebox, and the Wurlitzer Bubbler is the best looking version.
Older jukeboxes are great... except that all the technicians who work on them are 'aging out', and while you may have repair services available to you now, you might not in five years when you run into a problem.
Sounds good... most have some kind of sound. (hehe) I find some of the Rock-Ola models to sound a bit 'under water', but their new stuff is flawless. Older jukeboxes were not HI-FIDELITY machines, and you can't expect them to be. As I would tell you with pinballs, be in the presence of the machine you are going to buy, and keep in mind that while the jukebox sounds great with a Johnny Cash 45, a Michael Jackson 45 may sound terrible. Many jukeboxes will play certain frequency ranges well, and you can play to the strengths of the jukebox by filling it with records that sound good on that jukebox while not putting in records that sound bad. CD boxes don't have this problem.
All CD players have a lifespan. Right now you can get the laser players repaired, but I don't know that in the future what the availability and cost will be. If you are worried, make sure your CD player is a 12, or PRO, or PRO II. Not a CDM 4, or the very hard to get CDM-3.
So. Fairly frequent repair or a very strong amount of disappointment if you buy something old due to finding out that you may not ever get the juke fixed. Reproduction parts are available for older jukeboxes, but except for specific models you might find it impossible to get the part you need.
Only Rock-Olas are new, and only they are still in business and supporting their product.
I would still recommend the Wurlitzer OMT (45 if you could get it, CD is good). Due to it being the most trouble free jukebox ever made, and because it's so beautiful.

Wurlitzer is pure shit. Always were. Always will be. Shit can never not be shit. Einstein said this. Rockola was never much better.

Plenty of jukeboxes were and still are built for reliability. Many of us own multigenerational family businesses which are “coin-operated music centric”. Antique Apparatus One More Time. Looks just like a Wurl OMT, drastically more solid and it’s running AMI mechanics and electronics. AMI had always been the leader in jukebox hardware technology and quality. They’re still in business today, though they only build downloaders. I own one or two…
Parts for the AA OMT are readily available because that CD mech was used for almost 20 years. Players can be sourced easily, and the AMI player is a fraction the cost of a Wurlitzer.

AMI amps are possibly the easiest amp to ever repair and have pretty damn good sound.

I realize I’m basically shitting all over PinRetail and I don’t mean to be as harsh as I sound. I’m just disagreeing with an opinion and I’m sometimes very outspoken regarding mine.

#1053 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Need clarification for the last two posts (1049 & 1050)
Antique Apparatus bought Rock-Ola and now does business as Rock-Ola.
Are we good with All Antique Apparatus as well as Rock-Olas made in Torrance, California (either Torrance location)?

sorry, forgot about this. Early AA OMT had Rowe/AMI hardware. I’ve always made my living off coin drop. The most reliable coin op equipment ever built is and still is Rowe/AMI

#1058 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I worked for a route operator as a service tech from 1979 to 1985. Agreed, that Rowe AMI had the most dependable jukeboxes at that time. Rock-Ola's were a good 2nd place for reliability. Seeburg was a distant 3rd and the Wurl-a-Matics sucked hind tit.
Now, NSM's, which became popular in the USA after I left the biz, quickly leapfrogged Rowe.

When it came to CD boxes, NSM became more popular than Rowe because they were much more reliable than Rockola, $1000 less than Rockola, not as reliable as Rowe, but $1800 less than Rowe.

1 week later
#1075 9 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Very pleased with the results of my jukebox project using a TouchTunes Maestro unit. Added a 2nd screen for music video playback and audio visualizations while music is playing.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eQF6yTmfeJ9JpSLS7
Loaded with 25,000+ songs and 5300 music videos.

Looks good. How about some interior pics? There’s not much room inside a Maestro, so I’m anxious to see what hardware you’re running and what not

2 weeks later
#1098 9 months ago

A Seeburg KS200 just popped up on FB in OKC. I hear the seller uses and alias on FB but his real name on Pinside…it’s a stupid clean all original KS-200. Let’s work a deal!

2 months later
#1119 6 months ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

I have a Seeberg KS-200 that mostly works. It won’t stop playing the 45 sometimes and I have to press the reject button. The amps were recapped about 10 years ago. I think it sounds great. The chrome is original and the lights and the selection drum work fine.
I added re-pop glass on the sides and a Pickering 345-03D cartridge.
Also have a box of tubes that I got in case I needed any extras.
Any ideas what the juke is worth?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I sold mine this past year. Same condition chrome and plastics. Cabinet had been painted. It was missing the tormat. I got $2500 for it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.