You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pm_jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Theonlylilo:

This is my Seeburg Vogue II... great juke with great sound! I restored it last year but now it has a problem with mechanics...
It doesn't accept any selections. I mean, as soon as it's powered on, it starts to play ANY record, one by one in sequence, without stops.
I checked and tested the grey and black boxes, also the "brain" in another friend's juke (Seeburg Sunstar), and they are 100% functioning! So... do you have any suggestions where I can check to solve my problem?

Unplug the single black wire (rca connector) from the power supply. No records should pickup. If it still stops on every record you have a mechanical issue. I believe there is a series of service switches. Check those out as well.

There is a very good Yahoo group for Seeburgs (which I am a member of).

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

(SNIP) but they expect you to have a manual and know how to read it:

"RTFM"

1 year later
#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Rick88:

Thank you for the add. I come here seeking the advice from the Lords. I recently inherited (actually saved) a 1960 q160 Seaburg jukebox from the scrapyard. The box/cabinet essentially has absolutely nothing in it. No speakers no amplifier, no nothing, it's got the coin mechanism and the selector unit for the buttons up front. But the cabinet it's in really decent shape with really no other parts to speak of, So let's get to the question at hand. Down the road is a 1962 LPC-1 for sale. I would like to take the two machines and creative functioning hybrid machines. I want to remove the record mechanism from the LPC-1 and place it in the Q160 so I can play 45s through modern tube equipment. I know, I know, what some might be thinking. But it's simply just too expensive to repair this machine for a budget collector like myself. Then the second unit, the '63 LPC-1 I would like to leave all the original equipment in the lower unit, the receiver, amp and original speakers connecting a Bluetooth device in place of the record mechanism. Can this be done, has it been done, Am I my crazy? any advice is appreciated and needed.

Neat project Rick. The first road block is it appears you are missing the electrical selector (switches that go below the buttons). The mech should slide right in. You also need to think about controlling the mech. Hop on the Seeburg Yahoo group, good people there.

5 months later
#96 6 years ago
Quoted from vwrookie66:

Just picked up this Seeburg SCD-1 a few weeks a go.
Still have to figure out why the little lights behind the graphics wont turn on.
But the Sony cd-60 works ok which I hear is usually a 50/50 kind of deal.

That's one wild juke!

2 months later
#104 5 years ago

Welcome!

1 month later
#128 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Hey all,
I picked up a Wurlitzer 2910 (1965) a couple weeks ago. It quit working last week and i'm totally stumped. Selection buttons lock in and won't release, changer assembly doesn't rotate. Trying to dig through the service manual without any luck. I've spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what the heck is wrong, but can't figure it out. Machine is on free play.
The coin mech doesn't work/register coins, i know that's an issue. The top tunes selector doesnt' work either, but if i manually trigger the relay on the control box it will fire the coil and trigger all the pins.
Would appreciate any help!

Start with the basics, learn the systems and start checking voltages. You need to learn the sequence of events - coin drop activates the key lock solenoid, pressing keys is supposed to cause a pin solenoid to fire - why isn't that happening? Work through the systems-

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Thanks, got frustrated, took a day off, then went back at it. Was able to trace it down to the transfer switch wasn't connecting properly. Had to clean and bend the contacts and then everything fired back up. Just the TT button left to work out, but at least i'm back up and running and listening to records again!
Spent a few hours last night working on some pinball stuff while listening to some 80s, love it!
Figured the jukebox would be similar to working a pinball, but it's a bit different and the wiring is a bit more complicated, everything splits every which way.

Congrats on getting it up and running again

1 month later
#139 5 years ago

Non working - $150 or less. working $350. Console era jukes don't go for much at all. Don't be expecting a quick sale. The number of people buying jukes is not growing (unlike pinball). But for what it's worth I do like the looks of that juke

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I just picked this one up. Rowe 100 cd. Not sure if there is suppose to be lights on the sides. It is working. Got it with about 60 cds in it. Going to add some. I built it in the wall.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job on the install, looks neat.

3 months later
#148 5 years ago

Check out more pics and a few short vids on our facebook page www.facebook.com/pinballmayhem
-Jeremy-

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#159 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Glad I came across this thread. Have been thinking of buying a jukebox for the game room. Have a lot of 45s from my teen years collecting dust. If I have a budget of $1,000US, what jukebox would you suggest? Would like one that plays 45s, not CDs. Are the parts still available for the older models? Thanks for your help.

A late model Rowe has a reliable mech and they sound excellent. However they are big and heavy. It depends on what your repair skill is. I personally like the 60's Seeburgs but they have a steep learning curve. 50's Seeburgs more so.

1 week later
#171 5 years ago

Welcome! (I didn't know there was another thread for jukes)

First thing is to dig into the service manual - Seeburg did a great job on their manuals and it's worth a read. But I would check out the asm that reads the bottom of the tormat unit - alignment is critical. Don't clean the rivets with anything abrasive as they have a special plating on them.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Well a quick google search got a good answer. Since it was ALL the B selections it was a broken wire. Soldered the wire back on and B sides are playing. Cleaned out the cabinet, polished the chrome, cleaned the glass and it’s ready to come in the house. Now my VL200 has a friend. Will post a pick later if the pair when I get it moved in.
[quoted image]

Congrats on the repair

I'm guessing a lubrication job is on the schedule?

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey All,
Pinball has always been my thing but my brother is interested in owning an older jukebox (45s). He has zero technical/mechanical skills so I'm thinking he'll have to purchase a 100% reconditioned unit from a local dealer who can also provide service. He lives in northern NJ. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Something reconditioned with a warranty can be pricey. Is that ok with your brother? If so than great!

Get a warranty and purchase from someone who can service it.

6 months later
#207 4 years ago

I'm happy to have this 78 Seeburg SMC1 Disco up and running again.
20190608_111913 (resized).jpg20190608_111913 (resized).jpg
20190622_202948 (resized).jpg20190622_202948 (resized).jpg
I picked this up in 2007, from an Ebay auction I'm guessing.
858f_1 (resized).jpg858f_1 (resized).jpg
I got it working a few months after I picked it up but I was not successful in rebuilding the amp a couple years after that.
P9130019 (resized).JPGP9130019 (resized).JPG
Despite having the late Tony Miller's book on SHP amps. It is a great book but I will admit I failed to follow it to the letter. Flash forward 10 years of having a non working juke and I decided to tackle the amp again - and I failed again

So I contacted the one and only Ron Rich who has been working on these jukes since the 50's. Money well spent - Thanks Ron!
P9130028 (resized).JPGP9130028 (resized).JPG

brochure01 (resized).jpgbrochure01 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#218 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I was shocked when the CD player worked. I already rebuilt the carousel and the wiring harnesss and next is the amp transistors. I actually felt like $200 in parts is getting off easy.

Were the $200 in parts for the amp?

4 weeks later
#226 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

got it fixed. Just for the future if anyone is having this problem. It was the coneector going into the credit unit (box) it needed to be reset a couple times. working fine now.

Thanks for the follow up

1 month later
#246 4 years ago

Nice! Search for Ron Rich - he is one of the keepers of Seeburg knowledge. He's on many forums.

#250 4 years ago

The service manuals are really good on these machines. So it looks like the pulse to energize the play control relay is not getting to that relay. I would look in the service manual - see how the circuit is engerized and see where the issue is.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Picked up a Rock-ola 446 and a seeburg STD2 Entertainer locally for..... NOTHING! I love free stuff.
Obviously they both didn’t work. Was told the Seeburg worked but stopped after sitting for a year in the garage. Was told the Rock-ola never worked.
Well there’s no way the Seeburg was working lol. Got it running mechanically but no sound. A lot of hacks and cut wires in there. Winter project. It’s the one i want to keep. I need to rebuild the 5-bit controller also and replace a lot of the infinity lighting bulbs.
The Rock-ola mech had been disassembled and then put together incorrectly. Fixed all that. Rebuilt the mech motor. Found all the loose bolts from the previous disassembly. Did a re-cap of the amp. I still have a buzzing sound when things are silent but otherwise all working. When i put a finger on or near the tone arm the buzzing goes away. Seems like a build up of static. However when i put a jumper from the tone arm to a ground lug it buzzes much more.
I dont really like the style of the 446(console) and will put it up on kijiji or craiglist before winter.
Mike[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Free is good! If you are keeping the Seeburg then change all the infinity lights. The ones you don't change will burn out and drive you nuts

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a picture of the jukebox I picked up yesterday.[quoted image]

Is that a CD player or a 45rpm record player - I'm guessing it's a OMT? (one more time)

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes, it's a OMT
It's the 100 disk CD version.

It looks to be in great shape, congrats

1 week later
#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

My Wurlitzer 2150. When I got it, it was the standard covered in solidified grease, rodent crap and tons and tons of acorn shells. Must have been a big party destination for the local mouse population. Had to do a ton of work to get it to work. Converted it to use a ceramic/magnetic cartridge given the issues with the old Cobra's also added a crossover and tweeter. Had to redo the cabinets...used a couple of fancy veneers. Tried to keep it in the same 'spirit' as the original. Since this was the 'unblinged' version of the 2100, I also put in led strips (on color change for the bottom straight gold for the general illumination). Lot of work on the amp, actually have two now, one which I fully rebuilt including new pcb all new components from caps to resistors to tube sockets. Pretty happy with the aesthetics and sound.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good

2 weeks later
#316 4 years ago

This part circled in red really needs to be taken apart and all the old lube removed and fresh 20 weight applied (don't use 3n1 household). This is where your gripper arm issue is. You can lube it up as it is now but it will gum up in the future. I prefer 3n1 electric motor oil (blue and white bottle). It's not easy to get apart if you've never done one before.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
#322 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

My 1976 Seaburg STD 3 is a huge hit in the game room. We love spinning 45s.[quoted image]

Looks great! It's nice to see all the chaser lights working

#325 4 years ago

He really needs to move them farther apart for proper stereo separation

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone know how to connect external speakers to a ROWE R-92?

I'm guessing there's a terminal board inside for speaker connections. Shoot a pic and we can figure it out.

4 weeks later
#344 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

This isn’t my SMC2-it’s in for repair. I just figured some of y’all would dig the label on the title glass...[quoted image][quoted image]

What's wrong with it and what type of work will you be doing?

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Alkaline damage in the control center.

Interesting, will you be repairing the computer or replacing it with the updated unit?

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

It’s repaired and already back to the customer

Nice job

2 weeks later
#360 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I need a bit of help with a Wurlitzer 3100 jukebox. The tonearm cutoff/trip switch is not consistent. It works, but not at the same spot on a record. I can adjust the lever and it will work once or twice, then it won't work. It always seems like its just a tad off.
I can buy a new switch form Victory for $33 bucks plus shipping, but before I do that, I want to make sure there's not something that I'm overlooking. Thanks

I'm not really familiar with the ones on Wurlitzer - but is it a type of switch you can take apart and clean? It does sound like you have a dirty switch issue.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from NJNeil:

Hi all - I'm thinking about purchasing my first Jukebox for my gameroom. What do folks think about the Wurlitzer One More Time series? The one I am looking at is the 100CD version. Welcome any opinions - thanks!

It really depends on availability, condition and price. I have worked on the OMT -and they seem alright. If choosing between multiple units I would put emphasis on condition of the exterior trim.

1 week later
#370 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Isn’t the Rocklola label manufactured by Antique Apparatus? It might depend on when it was built.
Also NSM made a CD jukebox in the bubbler style and those are solid too, although the mech a little less interesting to watch, they to change disks a lot faster.
Whatever you do, avoid Seeburg for the classic CD bubbler. I have one and its an absolute disaster. Currently gutting the cabinet and putting in NSM guts.

could you toss a pic or two of the Seeburg mech up? I am curious.

1 week later
#373 4 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Just picked up an NSM Satellite 200-O. Anyone know where I can get schematics or manuals? Anyone know a place or person who can repair the ES power unit? S1201 and S1202 fuses blow immediately on power on.

Ebay for schematics - there are a few different ones you will need. Doing a quick google search for repair I found this place in the US http://nsmvinyljukeboxrepair.com/ Or this place in the UK https://www.nsmjukeboxrepairs.co.uk/

I used to play around with the Satellite jukes (had 2 at one point). They are very cool - Here are 2 videos I made

#376 4 years ago

Wow, that is crazy! Thank you for posting some pics. Does it have bubble tubes?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah sure does. The cabinet is a standard bubbler cabinet as only one company makes those and supplies all of the jukebox manufacturers.
So it should work out retrofitting in an NSM.

Neat, I didn't know that one company makes the cabinets. Are they still making them?

3 months later
#506 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

"No sir, Mayor Daley no longer comes to the Seeburg factory; he's dead sir".
[quoted image]

Great Seeburg pic - what's the story behind it?

1 month later
#531 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

What is a Seeburg SMC1 jukebox worth? Cosmetically it looks pretty nice, working condition unknown, missing needle, otherwise no additional information at this point. I really have no business thinking about this but I have always liked that style box and one came up for sale semi locally.

In my opinion - not working - worth not too much. It really depends on how badly you want it. The amps are difficult to repair but there are those who can work on them. The computers used to be unobtainable but there is a new computer that Ron Rich helped design that breathes new live into these machines (sold by him and http://www.cdadapter.com). The mech is extremely similar to those used from the 1967 SS160 with just a few different bits bolted on (it really is a great design). So needles and tone arms should be no issue. The gas struts that hold up the lid are also for sale (I can't remember where I saw them).

2 months later
#568 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Wow, I forgot this topic existed, but it's kinda timely. A quick questions for the experts here since I'm a juke noob:
1) I have a client who owns a beautiful 1961 AMI Lyric (XJGA-100) with some issues. Are there Service manuals available for this? I couldn't find any other than "user manual". Also, she lost the key... I know the lock can be drilled & replaced but she'd like to keep it original if possible. Are there any key sources around locally (as opposed to the one I found in Germany that wants $60+ +shipping per key)?
2) I have a RockOla 440 - not the prettiest thing but weird enough for my taste. The guy at JukeBoxFridayNight put together a cap kit for me and I've redone that, but still don't have proper stereo. Anybody have any ideas what to check next? I understand these amps are not exactly revered. Also, the motors for the animation feature are all but impossible to find... anybody ever come up with something there? I could probably install modern LED chase lights for the same effect but would like to keep the original design.

For the Lyric I would try Victory Glass. Here's what it says on their site
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png

I would call Victory Glass and ask for a cabinet key. That should be obtainable.

1 week later
#575 3 years ago

I've had this one for quite a while (2006). Love the styling on this NSM

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Anyone know how to hookup external speakers to Wurlitzer 1015 OMT?

One quick google search away
https://www.flippers.com/pdfs/OMT_CD_Operating&FieldService_22.pdf

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#592 3 years ago

Here's a 4 part series I just released on NSM 45 rpm mechs and the issues I had with mine. Enjoy!

1 week later
#599 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I added a Jukebox to my game room, just a Little Rock-Ola 451 from 1973 but it plays 7” records just the way I like it. 50 records so I’m always on the lookout for double A side vinyl
[quoted image]

That's a real nice looking 451 congrats

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Detroit area's top Seeburg repair technician passed away last week. I worked with him for a few years and he taught me quite a bit on Seeburg troubleshooting. Below is a link to his obituary. Also, here's a picture I took of him with a Mardi Gras (STD4?) in 1980.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/10/25/oak-park-jukebox-pinball-supplier-remembered-making-people-smile/6032124002/[quoted image]

I'm sorry you lost your mentor . Thanks for the great pic - that is one nice looking Mardi Gras - I went WOW!

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I added my 7th bubbler to my collection a couple days ago.
[quoted image]

Congrats!

1 week later
#621 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I finally have all of the chrome polished on my A&W Rock-Ola.
[quoted image]

What did you use to clean the lower grill? (looks great) I'm guessing the grill is plastic that's chrome plated?

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’ll put this out there. I’ll say a complete nonworking USC1 about $300 tops.

Only if it's in good cosmetic shape is my opinion. It also depends upon how fast you want to sell it.

3 weeks later
#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I've been hesitant to share my membership in the jukebox club because I haven't seen more than one or two digital music examples.
But here goes, this was a 20th anniversary gift to my wife and I this year from my dad. We love it, and with over 1000 albums ripped lossless so far, we are only half capacity. It's bright and colorful in person and sounds great too!
[quoted image]

Wow! No complaints here. Welcome!

1 week later
#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
I have a rock ola 477 max which was working fine till now.
It's now doing a loud "hum" sound as soon as it is switched on.
Wether the relay is on or off does not affect it.
Any idea of what I should check?

Dang, right before Christmas too! Just a guess that the amp requires a rebuild. Capacitors only have a rated life of about 10-12 years but normally last much longer. The ones in the amp are probably original still.

1 month later
#702 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

My new baby, going to be fun getting it cleaned up and running.
[quoted image]

Nice! I like the title strip holder

1 week later
#717 3 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Here is a photo of my Rowe AMI R-93. Currently looking to bring home my first pinball machine.
[quoted image]

One of the best sounding 45rpm jukes they made. Is this one 100% cd or a mix of 45/cd?

2 months later
#782 2 years ago

Not mine, seems like there was some talk about this cassette juke a while ago. Located in MI $450 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2992666787619605/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_20210517-191903_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-191903_Facebook (resized).jpg
2 months later
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Scored this jem last month. Had a full resto in the early 1970’s. Hasn’t been plugged in for 3 decades. She is now up and running.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! How about a pic all lit up?

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

MrBally You are probably right and Rock-Ola made some great machines.
My thinking is usually looks first (which is subjective) - and has screwed me on a few car purchases. But with age comes wisdom.
Also, I operated Seeburgs for years and so I am admittedly biased toward them.

Nice! I love Seeburg jukes and the mech they used. Such engineering!

8 months later
#889 1 year ago

Ed from Pinball Mayhem just got Scott Danesi's latest record - a 45 rpm remix of a couple Total Nuclear Annihilation tunes. https://fb.watch/cyugUJHW7p

4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#1038 10 months ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Thanks for the reply. Here are a couple photos that I have.
Supposedly it was working before a move but after the move it is not.
What would be your estimate of worth based on this info and the photos?[quoted image][quoted image]

I rebuilt that machine in 2008. The theme was requested by the owner. At that time, the mech got torn down completely, wiring replaced - you can tell by the white color - original was brown).

Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

P9091327 (resized).JPGP9091327 (resized).JPGP9091328 (resized).JPGP9091328 (resized).JPGP9091340 (resized).JPGP9091340 (resized).JPGP9261403 (resized).JPGP9261403 (resized).JPGP9291412 (resized).JPGP9291412 (resized).JPGPA181438 (resized).JPGPA181438 (resized).JPGPB181485 (resized).JPGPB181485 (resized).JPGPB181491 (resized).JPGPB181491 (resized).JPG
#1040 10 months ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Very cool!
Any insight into this Juke? How it sounds etc?
Any opinion on value as it sits?
I am not very experienced with Jukes so any help is appreciated. Thanks

I sent you a pm with my thoughts. Personality the value of a non working juke is very low. I don't think these are in high demand despite the visible mech.

#1042 10 months ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

I'd guess you can only play two tone music through that juke yeah? I'd be rocking some Symarip if that was mine, skinhead girl! Moonstomp!
B

It would be a fun juke to mod.

1 month later
#1091 9 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Brought my next jukebox project into the workshop last night. This sucker is huge! Definitely will have a 2nd screen where the coin/bill section is. Will also try working on a screen down at the bottom replacing the artwork and have it work as a photo display of artists/bands and album covers.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dr3maSxEwUZmYygc7

Interesting to see inside one. Not much need inside I guess.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pm_jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=pm_jeremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.