You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 5 years ago

Yes....I would like to know as I have a warble sound on my Wurlitzer 2204.

7 months later
#157 5 years ago

I have moved a CD box laid down and no issue....I would not move a 45 box laid down. Asking for problems.

1 week later
#170 5 years ago

Posted this in the other jukebox thread but this one looks to be more active.....just picked up a Seeburg KD 200 that was at my sisters house in Georgia.

Powers up and plays the A sides with no problem. When a B side is selected it will search but not pick up any B side. Any ideas on what the issue may be?

182F173F-8241-4DDC-BBA7-5C09277071BF (resized).jpeg182F173F-8241-4DDC-BBA7-5C09277071BF (resized).jpeg94490434-D0C2-4D9F-BD10-0112C02F5937 (resized).jpeg94490434-D0C2-4D9F-BD10-0112C02F5937 (resized).jpeg
#172 5 years ago

Well a quick google search got a good answer. Since it was ALL the B selections it was a broken wire. Soldered the wire back on and B sides are playing. Cleaned out the cabinet, polished the chrome, cleaned the glass and it’s ready to come in the house. Now my VL200 has a friend. Will post a pick later if the pair when I get it moved in.

4D177C53-6101-4071-BAE0-8D297B040A18 (resized).jpeg4D177C53-6101-4071-BAE0-8D297B040A18 (resized).jpeg
#174 5 years ago

Yes....lubrication goes along way on Jukes......most important thing is to play the damn thing regular.....even punch up songs you don’t care to hear from time to time just so it all keeps working.

11 months later
#319 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Poor contact or broken wire on the "B" side contact point between the turntable & Tormat assembly. Or, a bad "Grey Box" aka Microlog Control unit. A broken wire anwhere in that circuit for that matter. You can verify if it's the Grey Box by doing the old 9 volt battery trick to the Tormat assembly wires. Apply for one second to activate all 160 Torids and reverse polarity and apply for 1 sec. to deselect all 160 selections. See if the the turntable starts picking up B sides. If so, the contacts I mentioned are good. The Grey Box is not sending a signal to the B side selections.

I have a KD 200 and it had the exact same issue....easy fix. Broken wire was the problem.
40694BFB-B3AB-42C4-BF06-97CFBD0B63FF (resized).jpeg40694BFB-B3AB-42C4-BF06-97CFBD0B63FF (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#401 4 years ago

I believe that to be a Seeburg C. Pretty common. Fully restored top end is maybe 3K range. Complete original nice condition and working maybe $1000-1500. They seem to come up for sale often. Hope that helps.

1 month later
#429 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Sounds like a destination vacation.

Was actually planning a vacation with a stop there before the end of the world started. Hope I still get to go at some point. Looks like an amazing place.

3 weeks later
#491 3 years ago

Don’t think there is specific thread for soda machines...too lazy to start one but thought you guys might appreciate my latest addition. Pepsi VMC 81.

29BF2CFB-1FF9-4261-9B4E-69D91483B621 (resized).jpeg29BF2CFB-1FF9-4261-9B4E-69D91483B621 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#500 3 years ago

Very few machines from the 70’s and up are worth much so no issue with people converting newer Jukes however they want. For me the magic of a jukebox is seeing the record play. Once all mechs were covered with no visible record the charm of it all goes away. CD boxes are nice but you can fill 100 CD’s quick and still not come close to all the music you want at your fingertips so modding them is kind of nice for that. Just like pins Jukes can multiply and space can be an issue. And not every song you want is on 45rpm.

4 months later
#564 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Guys , what should I be looking to pay for these beauties...seriously I have NO CLUE.
I would like something that plays 45s, but If that is way off the chart , please tell me .
Something that just works and looks cool.
Thanks guys

Depends what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. The classic 1015 is 5K range in nice working/restored condition and there lots of restored ones so they are easy to find. If you are on a budget Then late 60’s to 80’s boxes can be had in various conditions for a couple hundred and sometimes even free. No real collector value in most of those boxes. Look at pictures of Jukes and see what you like. Set your budget and know what you are looking for. Projects of desirable Seeburgs, AMI, Wurlitzer, and Rock-Ola from the 50’s and early 60’s are getting hard to find. Certain models have increased in value and nicely restored can be 10K or more.Others of that era are just so common they can be found in nice condition for 2-5K. It really depends how much you have to spend and what box you are looking for. If you figure out what box you looking for I am sure one of here can give you a better price range.

#569 3 years ago

Victory should also have the manuals if you need them.

5 months later
#740 3 years ago
Quoted from dhutton:

Always loved that speaker.
Looks like it belongs on a 70s Electric Light Orchestra album cover.[quoted image]

This is a coincidence.....so when I was about 10 my dad got a mid-late 60’s Seeburg jukebox...He just wanted to have a jukebox and it was cheap. Then he got some books that showed the history of jukeboxes. I saw a picture of that Wurlitzer speaker and told my dad he should get one cause it just looked so cool. He never did but I always wanted one since I was a kid. Well I lucked into one today. Glad I got this one as it’s a bubbler too. It’s cleaning up nice!

8C5FC7CF-B99F-48BD-8AA2-D7838957463E (resized).jpeg8C5FC7CF-B99F-48BD-8AA2-D7838957463E (resized).jpegBE6C1A36-8BEF-4243-A33B-17F4EC71FF7A (resized).jpegBE6C1A36-8BEF-4243-A33B-17F4EC71FF7A (resized).jpeg
#741 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

[quoted image]
Just finished hanging this guy, I don’t suggest doing this job by yourself on a ladder.

Yeah....agree you should have help if you ever get one . It’s only 50lbs or so but it’s awkward because it’s 32”. A Cleveland clock is a pain by yourself and it’s only 26”.

But they are beautiful pieces. More for decoration than anything but I may actually hook it up to one of the boxes.

5 months later
#839 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I remember the first time I saw an ELO album in a Record Store,I immediately said to myself: That's a Wurlitzer external speaker. I already had a copy of McKewin's (sp?) Juke Box book where I saw a picture of one. Never saw one in person until the "new" Rock-Ola company started making them and had one on display at a trade show.
On location, I only saw a few of Seeburg's rather dull looking "official" external speakers back in the '70's.

Quoted from Gotemwill:

This isn’t exactly a jukebox, but close enough?
These are the front and back of an original shipping crate for an Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph which were produced from the teens through the 1920s. These were built different than any other record player of the day and as a result could only play Edison Diamond Disc records. Interesting reading here: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/resources/detail/432
I picked these up recently at a local auction where there wasn’t too much interest in them. Someone a long time ago thought enough to save them and store them somewhere dry. Pretty amazing for that time period. Maybe they had other plans for them?
In any case they make quite the statement and that’s saying a lot in a room full of pinball machines![quoted image][quoted image]

Those are neat….now you need one of the players. Amazing those survived. Not likely many of those exist. To a collector of signs/old advertising those would be desirable I am sure.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Looking for an AMI Continental 2! Let me know if you can help. I have a Seeburg VL200 in beautiful original condition I’d be willing to trade.

Good luck finding one! I have a Continental 2 I am going to be restoring soon. Wish I could help as Continental’s have become hard to find. Nice restored ones are going for big money. Project ones that are complete are becoming harder to find.

11 months later
#939 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

If any one is into AMI Continentals, I’ve got some parts available, see pictures. The one complete amp is a mono, the other is 2/3 of a stereo amp. The one stepper box is NOS still in the original box for 100 select and comes with the other required box as you need both to run wallboxes. There is a front grille from a Lyric and a nicely refinished AMI speaker. Also, have many Seeburg cartridges & needles and all the good tubes!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you have stuff for a Continental 2 let me know…I am gonna be restoring mine shortly. I know it doesn’t go on the Continental….but what do you want for the Lyric grill? My dad restored a Continental 2 many years ago…my oldest sister got that juke when he passed …he always liked the star and put one on the Continental 2 he restored LOL! After many years I have finally scored a complete project and have it almost working correctly….so getting ready to restore mine. It would only be fitting if I can find a star to put on mine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.