You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroDad65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Does anyone here have a Rockola 1422, 1426 or 1428 jukebox?

It just so happens I have a 1428. I came here to see if anyone knows a good place to get replacement caps and resistors for the amplifier. The jukebox works fine but the sound could definitely be improved. I see a few sellers on e-bay have kits for the amp. I haven't bought caps and resistors since I was a kid at radio shack so I wouldn't know where to get them and even size them correctly vs the old ones. I would like to keep it looking original in the back so I assume I can just leave the old caps in and hide the new components underneath. Also does anyone know of good replacement led bulbs for the 7.5 amps ones in the front.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

You may save a few $ buying individually but I just ordered a kit from Bill at Jukebox Friday Night. I think it was somewhere around $55. Make sure you mention which Rockola you have. The 1428 uses the P amp.
His email is [email protected]

Thanks for the info.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I usually buy from Jameco or Mouser. With caps you want the same capacity. Voltage can be anything the same as or higher than original. When looking at the original caps you may have to do some conversion of scale between micro, mega, etc. to find what you need. Basically same rules apply as when replacing caps of anything else.
Sometimes a reputable seller on ebay is worth saving some of that time/effort. You may still need to get an odd cap or two (and/or have one or two left over) as often kits are assembled to support a series of amplifiers.

Ok so I haven't been here this long Jameco, Mouser??

4 months later
#868 2 years ago

Hey so I am finally doing some light restoration on my Rock-Ola 1428 does anyone have a good picture of the underside of the tone arm I want to verify a few things. Thanks

1 week later
#871 2 years ago

Any good videos on how to spray metal to look like wood? Or better yet any shops around Maryland or northern Virginia that know how to do it?
I want to have the door to my Rock-Ola 1428 redone. I have the door off and striped of all plastics, wiring, chrome etc. It is supposed to look like the wood the cabinet light Burch I think.

9 months later
#964 1 year ago

Hello,
I am in need of pictures of a ROCKOLA 1428 Jukebox inside the door.
I decided to repaint my door due to some scratches and took mine apart.
I lost my pictures pre-disassembly. Too many nuts, bolts, plastic holders, etc. It would take forever to do without some pictures.
I would like to put it back together at least close to what it was inside.
Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroDad65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=RetroDad65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.