You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlippinJimmy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#455 4 years ago

Hello all,

My pinball machines are lonely and need a jukebox. I have no clue what to get, how much I should spend or how hard they are to work on. Looking for some advice from this group.

Preference would be a older model that plays records. Something that was at the height of the original technology/nostalgia. Not a new Crosley or Bluetooth type machine.

Prefer records but don't know the pros/cons of record size or how hard it will be to find records to fill the machine.

Thanks for your input.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

flippinjimmy , Jukeboxes playing 45s started being replaced by CD jukes in the 80s-early 90s. The most desirable jukes are the one with visible mechs (record changers) from the late 50s. These use tube technology, but still have great sound and fantastic looks. They started hiding the mechs in the 60s and transitioned to solid state amps. Jukes evolved through the 70s and 80s with solid state amps and microprocessors for the selection system.
Here's a good resource for jukebox model history http://www.tomszone.jukeboxhistory.info/
My recommendation... Do you want something old, reliable and simple to work on with great looks and sound? If so, then get a 50s Seeburg (222, R, V/VL-200, etc.) or AMi (H, I, J, K or Continental). I'd stay away from Wurlitzers; they have great looks, but needles are difficult to locate and IMHO they don't have the same sound as the Seeburgs and AMis. There are some Rockolas from the 50s that are nice too (1448, Tempo, Empress, etc.).
If you want something a bit more modern look at late 80s Seeburgs or Rowe/AMis. I think a Seeberg SMC1 or SMC2 would look great beside a pin! Anything in the Rowe 90 series (R-92, 93, 94) would be good too. They have a bullet proof mech/selection system and have great sound. Here's a Todd Tuckey R-94 video.

Great info. Thank you for the detailed explanation and model numbers.

#458 4 years ago

Anybody have experience or opinions on the Wurlitzer 1050? Pros and cons. It has not been restored.

#463 4 years ago

I hope I don't have the Juke bug too. It seems I have spent all my time lately researching juke boxes.

If anyone has a nice, working, juke for sale or knows someone who does please PM me. My preference is something in good working order with a visible mechanism.

Have heard some of you purchased units at very reasonable prices. I can't seem to find anyting on FB Marketplace or Craigslist in the local area but if you do and are looking to flip a unit please PM me.

Thanks,

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlippinJimmy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=FlippinJimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.