You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

Nice jukes, everybody.

I have one. I'm not really a 'juke' person - hence why I only have one - but I have/had to have one with my games. I usually always have it playing some records as I'm working or playing my games. I'm a Rowe/AMI guy myself; I can take apart a 1100 Mech with my eyes closed, and on watching one operate, i can tell you what it's not doing right.

This came from having an MM-6 in my basement when I was a kid, when my dad had two of them, and game me one to take apart. That specific one is long gone, but I picked up another one a couple years ago. While the 50's and 60's machines and art-deco are fantastic, to me they're far too pretty and expensive to make it worth it to me. (I want the music, don't need the fancy-looking high-end restored game-room vibe.) Since buying this one, I've picked up three more 1100-based mech jukes - and across the 4 of them, spent only $450, total. (I parted the others out, saved what I knew I would need, sold or recycled the other parts, and burnt the cabinets.)

I'm also into the various options that Rowe AMI had - I have two wallboxes that will be connected up to my juke (as soon as I get stepper working), as well as a money meter and a dollar bill validator from the late '60s. I do NOT have the aforementioned PhonoVue - would be interested in seeing how it works, but it's too large for me to have one.

On mine, I also got rid of the florescent bulbs - as they do horrible work to plastics. So the only thing that's ''upgraded'' is the lighting with LEDs. I like how it came out, and in the door have manually color changeable strip to light up the titlestrips.

(And yes, I know I'm missing some strips..)

IMAG0051 (resized).jpgIMAG0051 (resized).jpg

IMAG0049 (resized).jpgIMAG0049 (resized).jpg

IMAG0050 (resized).jpgIMAG0050 (resized).jpg

#52 7 years ago

I love how I'm the only Rowe guy here.

#58 7 years ago

The only resources I know of are a mailing list - HIGHLY recommended - these people can help with ANYTHING - but they expect you to have a manual and know how to read it:

http://lists.netlojix.com/mailman/listinfo/jukebox-list

And ten this forum, which again, they expect you to know how to read a manual -
http://www.phonoland.com/index.php

1 year later
#140 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Non working - $150 or less. working $350. Console era jukes don't go for much at all. Don't be expecting a quick sale. The number of people buying jukes is not growing (unlike pinball). But for what it's worth I do like the looks of that juke

Sadly, true. I can get any number of Rowe AMI's from that era for under $200. :/

1 year later
#357 4 years ago
Quoted from DHVincent:

EDIT: It works. I just found another cobra cart. Tried that one. Slid right in.
Thanks!
Will changing just the tubes improve the sound or will I need to do caps as well?
Again this is an untouched machine. It pulls records perfectly, but it sounds awful.

Both, and recommend getting paired tubes for the best sound.

1 month later
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

My foray into juke boxes....works great but needs some good clean up. And 48 more 45's..[quoted image][quoted image]

If your magazine is not loaded evenly, you will put unnecessary strain on the motor(s) -
Since you're about half-full, spread out what you have in there, to help prevent burning or overheating the motors.

1 month later
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm looking for someone that can print title strips for me. I only need 15 done. I have no interest in doing it myself. I'm more than happy to pay for someone's time or let me know if you know of a company or individual that can do this.

Send me a PM. I can, but may take me a few days.

But there are also sites online where you can just type them up yourself.

#441 4 years ago

In case anyone else is interested, this is an example of the styles I can do. Things left out from this sheet are: 1. Font boldedness; 2. Displaying the label.cat number, and 3. Shading on/off. (Default is body shaded, artist not.)
titlestrip-3.pdftitlestrip-3.pdf
(Edit: And the actual PDF looks a lot better than the thumbnail.)

2 weeks later
#488 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Got inspired after Coyote sent me some title strips he made for me and TomDK sent me a word doc from Germany.
I had my daughter redo the image to just white with a red border. I originally had shading I ended up not liking.
I then had to cut and paste 100 title texts and line them up with the image.
I then had a buddy print them on semi gloss card stock. Thankfully he works for a larger print/copy company.
Oddly, he had issues printing them correctly sized because the image came from a country that uses metric measure. That's what he told me. I don't know shit about this stuff.
Then spent an hour cutting them out. Thankfully, I have nothing else to do.
I'm so used to the original, the new ones almost look too nice.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!
Can you scan me one of those 'Hit Oldy' ones? I want to add that as an option..

6 months later
#617 3 years ago

Hey guys.

Posted this on the Jukebox list, thought I'd mention it here.

Looking for all and any Rowe/AMI pricing cards/sheets for their MM6 model. (Likely fit the MM5 as well.)

Thanks!

5 months later
#767 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not looking. I took that picture at Allen Town in 2016. Thought it was the coolest thing at that show.

That looks a LOT like RoweAMI's PhonoVue, which was an addon-accessory for their Jukes that would play 'sexy' Super-8 videos in a self-contained display unit.

2 weeks later
#784 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Got my first jukebox a few days ago, a Rowe Ami MM6 Silver Sage from 1972. It has got 200 selections and a tube amplifier.
It does have an issue that I'm trying to work out: you can't select a record. You can play a song by pushing some components, and the drum and all mechanisms spin/move.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ping me if you need any pointers. Rowe MM series is my jam.

2 years later
#1113 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Just curious, anyone have one of these? Only ever saw one in the wild, and that was in Grafenwöhr Germany on post in 1990.
[quoted image]

Had one of those, as an add-on kit for the MM6 juke. Sadly, because of where it was stored, the MDF was all swollen and moldy/rotten, and the mechanism was too rusty to be saved. I wouldn't mind coming across one tho, that I could get back up and working.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.