You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 29REO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#790 2 years ago

WOW IS RIGHT! That era Rock Ola mech and MPU are super reliable. Dual amps too. Nice score.

2 months later
#808 2 years ago

Gotemwill Unless a Wurlitzer 1900s or a
Rock-Ola 1468 happens to fall into your lap then Seeburg offers the best in terms of classic 1950’s style and availability.

#810 2 years ago

MrBally You are probably right and Rock-Ola made some great machines.
My thinking is usually looks first (which is subjective) - and has screwed me on a few car purchases. But with age comes wisdom.
Also, I operated Seeburgs for years and so I am admittedly biased toward them.

#814 2 years ago

The Seeburg Microlog jukes were excellent machines. Not only did they perform well but in my opinion they had the best sound of any brand. I’m not an engineer but I think this had something to do with how seeburg placed transformers between the output transistors and the speaker taps. The amp could not be shorted. Well, it could but it would simply shut down until the short was removed and then the sound would resume. I loved that about Seeburg. Do that with just about any other amp and you have a blown amp. The real beauty of this design is in the sound. Seeburgs had a comparatively rich sound reminiscent of tube amps. I’m guessing that this is a result of the transformers in the circuit but they sure did sound good. Unfortunately, Seeburg removed the part numbers from most transistors and replaced them with a unique 6 digit Seeburg part number. When my dad left the local Seeburg distributor in the late ‘70’s he obtained a transistor cross reference list. If anyone needs it I could look for it. Most of the transistors in a ‘70’s era amp are of the 2N2222 variety which had a plastic body. Replace them with the 2N2222A with the metal body and the performance goes off the chart.

5 months later
#866 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Just picked this up. Records work great...CDs skip but it'll be fun to dig into.
[quoted image]

It's likely that the CD laser reader is going bad when it begins to sound like a record thats skipping. I'm only familiar with NSM and Rock-ola, which both used the Phillips Industrial CDM line of laser players. If the problem continues you can have the player rebuilt. There are a number of companies that provide this service. Here's one: https://videogame911.com/philips-cd-pro-2-laser-repair/

EDIT: Sorry, after looking at that again, it's a combo which didn't use an industrial laser player.

3 months later
#892 1 year ago

AMI wall mount jukebox. Removed from a location years ago when they upgraded to a Touchtunes jukebox. Was working at the time. Condition is fair. Only someone jimmied the lock to open it and caused some damage around the hole. Cash box door and bracket are missing(naturally!).
Free to anyone who wants it. Can bring to Allentown for Friday pickup. Can also provide an NSM wall bracket and knobs if someone wanted to mount it the NSM way.

29ADEEDF-3F99-4770-A019-E591F09FC791 (resized).jpeg29ADEEDF-3F99-4770-A019-E591F09FC791 (resized).jpeg91D1485F-8933-4B06-A6CA-22CFE7E9A214 (resized).jpeg91D1485F-8933-4B06-A6CA-22CFE7E9A214 (resized).jpegE397658A-3EE1-4EDE-BBD6-6B6521227DA1 (resized).jpegE397658A-3EE1-4EDE-BBD6-6B6521227DA1 (resized).jpeg
#894 1 year ago
Quoted from 29REO:

AMI wall mount jukebox. Removed from a location years ago when they upgraded to a Touchtunes jukebox. Was working at the time. Condition is fair. Only someone jimmied the lock to open it and caused some damage around the hole. Cash box door and bracket are missing(naturally!).
Free to anyone who wants it. Can bring to Allentown for Friday pickup. Can also provide an NSM wall bracket and knobs if someone wanted to mount it the NSM way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Adoption Pending.

3 months later
#930 1 year ago

Find the black box which controls the credit settings. It’s about 1 1/2”W X 8” square. On the end is a circuit board held in by two cap screws. Take out those screws and pull out the board. Removing the board (1 1/14” X 5”) will set it to free play. Now attempt to select a song. If it selects, ok. If it doesn’t select, repeatedly and rapidly press the 1 and 2 buttons to see if you can get it to accept one of the numbers. There’s a switch on the side of the keypad. Clean the contacts by running a title strip or a coin wrapper through it. Don’t attempt to adjust it yet. Repeat trying to select a record.
If no selection occurs then find the control center. There will be a single wire that plugs into it via a mini RCA type connector. Get a D cell battery. Pull the cable, hold the positive end of the battery against the case of the control center then take the cable and touch the back (negative) end of the battery. Then plug the cable back in and then start the mech. If done correctly, this will charge the tormat unit and the mech (if working correctly) will pick up every record in the machine both front and back. This will tell you 1) if the mech is working correctly (if not, the problem is mechanical and 2) if so, if the problem is electronic. It’s been thirty some years since I’ve worked on these so I’ll have to really think about this.

#932 1 year ago

ToucanF16 Ha! My dad worked for Atlas Music in Pittsburgh which was the local Seeburg distributor and exclusively operated Seeburgs for years until he retired. I went on a LOT of service calls with him. FWIW-I have a large number of these Seeburgs that he stuffed into a container back in the 80’s and which have suffered from the weather and are likely just parts machines. They range form the SPS bandshell models, STD models up through the SMC-2. So if anyone needs any parts let me know. There is one Matador in there like Bam_Man’s and I always planned on keeping that one because I consider it the best looking model of that era.

#933 1 year ago

@Bam-Man You need this book: ebay.com link: itm

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 29REO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors?tu=29REO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.