New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167507)

Jukebox owners & collectors

By merccat

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 569 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1 (resized).png
9CC694AF-FADA-493D-BBBB-7D272F0CA629 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3263 (resized).JPG
051ED3D7-F371-4EA8-9F3D-9E4899E4B361 (resized).jpeg
106262823_10223413997001112_4450204414933968536_o (resized).jpg
67-4 (resized).jpg
20200622_140127 (resized).jpg
Dsc_5191_1 (resized).jpg
DSC_5175 (resized).JPG
Dsc_5173_1 (resized).jpg
Dsc_5162_1 (resized).jpg
scan0013.pdf (PDF preview)
Dsc_5126_1 (resized).jpg
received_248934072985838 (resized).png
seeburg_mayor1 (resized).png
1683A03D-D3BA-45FC-8FAD-A2D892AD8548 (resized).jpeg

There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 1 year ago

i helped on installing this grill cloth also.we found best way was to have one guy pulling cloth taught,while second guy kept cloth straight and helped to keep cloth laying down flat..make sure your hands are clean and not to much spray glue.good luck

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Send your cd pro player into Bruce wentworth A&B jukebox. He rebuilds them. Here's a cool cd Rowe K box I'm selling.

Second that with A&B. I’m lucky enough have a spare CD pro on hand but they are getting harder to find.

Not really a good option for players with visible mechs but has anyone tried one of those cdadaptor kits?

2 months later
#203 1 year ago

I have for sale a beautiful Wurlitzer 1015 OMT (Home Use Only).
It is listed in the Pinside ads: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80633

Thanks for looking!

Robert

1 week later
#204 1 year ago

Just stumbled on this thread! I got into jukes and pinball on the same day back in the early eighties when I bought a Seeburg Q100 and Williams Grand Prix on the same day from an op in Clovis NM. Up to ~25 jukes now and 50+ pinballs!

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Just stumbled on this thread! I got into jukes and pinball on the same day back in the early eighties when I bought a Seeburg Q100 and Williams Grand Prix on the same day from an op in Clovis NM. Up to ~25 jukes now and 50+ pinballs!

WOW! Thats a big collection!

1 week later
#206 1 year ago

Today I brought home at 1964 Rockola Grand Prix 425. Hauling it out of the basement of a vacant Chicago bungalow in 90° heat was no easy task. It came with an eclectic mix of eighty 7" records (45's or 33's). Wish me luck restoring it as nicely as this photo.

german01 (resized).JPG
#207 1 year ago

I'm happy to have this 78 Seeburg SMC1 Disco up and running again.
20190608_111913 (resized).jpg
20190622_202948 (resized).jpg
I picked this up in 2007, from an Ebay auction I'm guessing.
858f_1 (resized).jpg
I got it working a few months after I picked it up but I was not successful in rebuilding the amp a couple years after that.
P9130019 (resized).JPG
Despite having the late Tony Miller's book on SHP amps. It is a great book but I will admit I failed to follow it to the letter. Flash forward 10 years of having a non working juke and I decided to tackle the amp again - and I failed again

So I contacted the one and only Ron Rich who has been working on these jukes since the 50's. Money well spent - Thanks Ron!
P9130028 (resized).JPG

brochure01 (resized).jpg
#208 1 year ago
Quoted from balt:

Today I brought home at 1964 Rockola Grand Prix 425

I have the same machine at my Mom's house. It was my Dads. He bought it back in the day because it was the model that the neighborhood candy store had when he was a kid. I spent HOURS listening to music on that thing. Someday I'm going to have it shipped over here. I dont feel like breaking my back getting it out of the basement.

The amp needs to be rebuilt and some selections dont pick properly. Who would imagine that a juke sitting idle for 20+ years wouldn't work properly!

How is the chrome on yours? It's my understanding that rockola chrome never holds up well.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

I have the same machine at my Mom's house. It was my Dads. He bought it back in the day because it was the model that the neighborhood candy store had when he was a kid. I spent HOURS listening to music on that thing. Someday I'm going to have it shipped over here. I dont feel like breaking my back getting it out of the basement.
The amp needs to be rebuilt and some selections dont pick properly. Who would imagine that a juke sitting idle for 20+ years wouldn't work properly!
How is the chrome on yours? It's my understanding that rockola chrome never holds up well.

bintzknocker, the chrome is rough. This machine had a hard life somewhere before it ended up in a grandmother's basement where I bought it.

Check it out, I'm documenting the restoration here: http://jukeboxaddicts.proboards.com/thread/1244/1964-rock-grand-prix-restoration

#210 1 year ago

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#211 1 year ago

Finally have my wall box working!!

20190713_170824 (resized).jpg20190713_171034 (resized).jpg
#212 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Finally have my wall box working!![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. The R is one of the best! It’s always a lot of work printing titlestrips and all!

1 month later
#213 1 year ago

Picked this up for free in the classifieds... Only needed $200 in parts and all the CDs.

Totally stoked for the garage jukebox and can't wait to rebuild the amp when my parts arrive later this week.

0818191701a (resized).jpg
#214 1 year ago

This one is in the living room. Apparently, I need them all over the house.

15662672692122620555068876866506 (resized).jpg
#215 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Picked this up for free in the classifieds... Only needed $200 in parts and all the CDs.
Totally stoked for the garage jukebox and can't wait to rebuild the amp when my parts arrive later this week.[quoted image]

www.cdadapter.com has a great unit for a juke MP3 conversion. I done quite a few of them over the years.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Apparently, I need them all over the house.

Well.... duh.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

www.cdadapter.com has a great unit for a juke MP3 conversion. I done quite a few of them over the years.

I was shocked when the CD player worked. I already rebuilt the carousel and the wiring harnesss and next is the amp transistors. I actually felt like $200 in parts is getting off easy.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I was shocked when the CD player worked. I already rebuilt the carousel and the wiring harnesss and next is the amp transistors. I actually felt like $200 in parts is getting off easy.

Were the $200 in parts for the amp?

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Were the $200 in parts for the amp?

No, the amp transistors were about $20. It was a whole bunch of random broken parts, light bulbs, brackets, battery, volume pot, etc... My biggest expense so far is the animation motor. They are often burned out but Bruce had one for $50.

2 weeks later
#220 1 year ago

Rebuilding the amp was a total failure. The main board was arching and blew the fuses pretty fast. I decided to cut it loose.

I ordered a replacement and got it today. It sounds awesome as long as it's in mono, but in stereo the left channel is quiet. None of the fuses are blown. I am trying to decide if I can live with it in mono or if I need to try and rebuild the left channel.

Anyone have an opinion on the value of stereo sound on a cd100c?

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Rebuilding the amp was a total failure. The main board was arching and blew the fuses pretty fast. I decided to cut it loose.
I ordered a replacement and got it today. It sounds awesome as long as it's in mono, but in stereo the left channel is quiet. None of the fuses are blown. I am trying to decide if I can live with it in mono or if I need to try and rebuild the left channel.
Anyone have an opinion on the value of stereo sound on a cd100c?

Depends on your room, speaker arrangement and music selection. Back when stereo was new artists really tried to leverage it and it can make a difference there. Most of the time you probably wouldn’t notice a difference and many times Jukeboxes on location are set to mono anyway.

I say if it sounds awesome in mono keep it like that.

If it does end up bugging you....

You can try plugging in another source to rule out the player too.

Also, does that model have the equalizer board separate from amp? If so might be worth looking at.

I think with the stereo/mono mode it combines the signal ahead of the amp so if you have both sides being driven in mono mode both of your amps channels are probably ok.

#222 1 year ago

After spending a few hours working in it, the left channel isn't playing much bass. The mono setting is balancing the two channels and bringing up the bass on the left. It is in the garage, so it doesn't matter much, but it bugs me that I know it isn't working. My wife said I should give it six months and see if it still bugs me.

It really sounds awesome in a room full of concrete, motorcycles and junk. It seems like it's the equalizer board that has the issue. The pre drivers and drivers are good.
0903192242 (resized).jpg
0903192246 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#223 1 year ago

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have a rockola1458. I have had it for 1 1/2 years. Recapped before I bought it. Plays great most of the time. I play it most every day. Just the other day, it started not taking any selections. Pins are not coming out on the pinbank for any selection. Any places I should look? I am a pinball guy, so I am familiar with contacts and such. There is no coin mech. It is set to freeplay and does say select, like it always did. The play meter does also advance when I make a selection. Then it does the 2 searches and back to home position. Wanted to give you as much info as I could Thanks again. Brian.

#224 1 year ago

got it fixed. Just for the future if anyone is having this problem. It was the coneector going into the credit unit (box) it needed to be reset a couple times. working fine now.

#225 1 year ago

Glad it was something simple.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from BBC:

got it fixed. Just for the future if anyone is having this problem. It was the coneector going into the credit unit (box) it needed to be reset a couple times. working fine now.

Thanks for the follow up

1 week later
#227 1 year ago

I have an opportunity to buy a 1952 Wurlitzer jukebox that is unrestored. Cosmetically it looks good and it lights up, but it doesn't play. This is the one that plays both 78s and 45s. The colorful plastics and the dome are all in good condition. It looks complete. I'm looking for a ballpark value. Any idea?

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I have an opportunity to buy a 1952 Wurlitzer jukebox that is unrestored. Cosmetically it looks good and it lights up, but it doesn't play. This is the one that plays both 78s and 45s. The colorful plastics and the dome are all in good condition. It looks complete. I'm looking for a ballpark value. Any idea?

One of the most difficult jukebox to adjust to play right... not sure it is a good investment for a first one... if it didn’t work

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

One of the most difficult jukebox to adjust to play right... not sure it is a good investment for a first one... if it didn’t work

OK Thanks. Seemed like a good deal at $400 but maybe I'll pass

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

OK Thanks. Seemed like a good deal at $400 but maybe I'll pass

But at this price... maybe you can try it

#231 1 year ago

Ok, can one of you guys educate me a bit on AMI Continentals? I know there are two versions. What else should I look for? What is a fair price for a working one?

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Ok, can one of you guys educate me a bit on AMI Continentals? I know there are two versions. What else should I look for? What is a fair price for a working one?

There's two basic models, The Continental 1 and the Continental 2. The C1 was first and has 200 selections (100 records) and came in mono and stereo versions and automatic (push-button selector) and manual (selector wheel) versions.

The C2 came in Stereo/Mono Manual/Automatic selector and 100/200 selection (50/100 record) versions.

The C2 has speakers on the side and a unique crossover. Place a C2 in the corner of the room and enjoy the stereo experience without external speakers.

http://www.jukebox-world.de/Forum/Archiv/AMI/AMI_Conti.htm

#233 1 year ago

I've had jukes almost as long as I've had pins.
Wurlitzer 500 (1938)
Wurltizer 800 (1940)
Seeburg HF-100R (1954)
Wurltizer 1650 (1954)

The Seeburg is used regularly and keep it filled with great
vintage tunes.
Steve

#234 1 year ago

I just picked up a wurlitzer 1400 as part of a package, got it working, but i dont know if its a keeper. If anyone would be interested in it, let me know. Works, some cosmetic issues along the sides

20190921_121723 (resized).jpg
#235 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just picked up a wurlitzer 1400 as part of a package, got it working, but i dont know if its a keeper. If anyone would be interested in it, let me know. Works, some cosmetic issues along the sides[quoted image]

Boy thats a beautiful box that I’m sure someone can make really shine. I can’t ever see myself keeping anything like that even though the mech is cool. I just like 100+ record players personally. Even then I’m always torn when it comes to what to remove when a new record comes in.

#236 1 year ago

Should mention id be open to pinball trades as well

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just picked up a wurlitzer 1400 as part of a package, got it working, but i dont know if its a keeper. If anyone would be interested in it, let me know. Works, some cosmetic issues along the sides[quoted image]

Wow, she is quite a looker...

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Wow, she is quite a looker...

Thanks. Its pretty cool looking

3 weeks later
#239 11 months ago

Posted my wurlitzer 1400 on craigslist for 1500. Am i way off on price on this for a working juke? People keep offering 400ish. Is that just the usual cl lowball or am i off base?

#240 11 months ago

Prices might be different in Ohio.

#241 11 months ago

So am i too high? Seemed like a decent price, but i dont know much on jukes

#242 11 months ago

It seems like a fine price for this area. (NY/NJ/CT)..... what you can get there is what the market is for that area. Probably way to heavy to ship reasonably

#243 11 months ago

Yep. Its heavy! Well ill just leave it up. It doesnt eat anything and its fun to have around!

#244 11 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Posted my wurlitzer 1400 on craigslist for 1500. Am i way off on price on this for a working juke? People keep offering 400ish. Is that just the usual cl lowball or am i off base?

Jukes are way harder to sell than a pinball machine. Although many of us cherish them, finding the right buyer is the key. As long as you are using it and like having it around, keep the price up and wait. If it doesn't sell and you are tired of looking at it, you can always drop the price. Most of those $400 offers would probably show up same day with no questions asked.

#245 11 months ago

I used to have a rowe eagle wall mount cd 100 box. That thing was heavy for a wall mount unit. When I got out of the coin op hobby I sold it. Now that I am back in, I decided to get another juke box but decided I wasn't going to spend an arm and a leg on one. I preferred cd juke as I only have about 10 records and don't care to add record collecting to the every growing list of my hobbies. I still had most of the cds from my old juke box.

So I found this thing for $150. It was in an abandoned restaurant that sat empty for 4 1/2 years. Listing for the juke said it would need to be gone over. When I got there to look at it, I heard music and much to mine and the owners surprise she said when she plugged it in, it started working. They said they didn't think it worked. The building was going to be torn down soon and the owners had no way to get it out. This was really it's last chance. I quickly gave them $160 said don't worry about the $10 change I am already getting a decent deal. It came full with cd's and even had a box with more cd and the cases for all the cd's inside.

Got it home and realized the left side channel isn't working at all. Also it skips alot. Being it came from a bar and smelled heavily like smoke, I cleaned the lens and it started playing 100%. I figured if I jumped the left channel input from the right channel at the cross over it got both channels to work so I know the speakers all worked. I narrowed it down to there is something wrong with the amplifier board as it is not outputting any sound from the left channel to the left crossover.

Did some research and found out this was the first model cd juke ever made. Thats pretty cool. Right now it sits in my pinball room, is stocked full of thrash metal cds mainly and I have both crossovers linked together to get the left side working. I plan on trying to find a replacement amp board or maybe trying to see if I can figure out why the left isn't outputting to the cross over. It sounds good the way it is. Not really flashy as my old wall mount but I love it.

20191010_192053 (resized).jpg
#246 11 months ago

Nice! Search for Ron Rich - he is one of the keepers of Seeburg knowledge. He's on many forums.

#247 11 months ago

I've owned & restored MANY jukes since the early 1980's, mostly Seeburgs. I used to LOVE restoring these-the VL 200's were my favorites-but it became cost-prohibitive in the mid-90's when chroming prices went thru the roof! Back in the day, I could get a typical '50's Seeburg rechromed for about 4-600.00 depending on the model. That same machine today would be about 3-4 THOUSAND and at the end of the day, you couldn't get more than 1500.00 for the juke. So it's a losing propostion right off the bat. I've switched to Seeburg 1000's....small background "elevator music" jukes. They have an interesting history and are pretty small in comparison to a full sized juke. Google Seeburg Microwave for a look...

#248 11 months ago

This one is pretty cool as it lifts the CD up just like the old ones. With Bose speakers, it sounds great!

juke box ted (resized).jpg
#249 11 months ago

Greetings. Hope one of you can help. Here is a picture of my dad's Seeburg V200 that I bought for him around 5 years ago for his 70th birthday. The jukebox was working flawlessly for years until recently when it would not reject a record. I was able to get it to reject with the reject button on the back but eventually that wouldn't work either. So I had a service/repairman fix it and for around 25 minutes he charged my 75 year old dad 360 dollars. When the machine failed again less than a month later, he wouldn't come back to take a look without charging the same astronomical amount so I decided to see if I could figure out the problem with the help of some friends and online groups of collectors like this one.

I love and have had many pinball machines the last 20 years. Unfortunately I know very little about jukeboxes but I am trying to learn. Anyway , here is the new problem and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

After the reject issue was resolved, the player mechanism just stopped responding to a selection. The jukebox powers up fine and everything looks right. I have the black box free play modification which lights the "Make a Selection" light. If I enter a selection, the buttons pop back out as they should but the player mechanism just doesn't move.

Now here is the strange thing - If I toggle the service switch from on to off and back to on, the player mechanism will move and play the record I selected. So the mechanism will do what it is supposed to do but I have to move the service switch to off and back to on.

I have a video of the whole issue and can share it with you if you think you can help and you message me your cell phone number.

Here is what I have done so far

I have taken the free play mod out and reconnected the credit unit. I manually put a credit on the jukebox but the same problem persists so I don't think the issue is with the free play box or the credit unit.

I disconnected and reconnected as many of the connectors as I could to see if perhaps a plug wasn't seated properly. This didn't work but I did not do the two large brown plugs because they gave me a lot of resistance when I tried to pull them out and I didn't want to rip anything apart. I did get some advice on how to squeeze the connector to get it off and will try the next time I am at my father's house.

Please let me know what you think it could be and if you are local to Clifton, NJ and wouldn't mind lending a helping hand, I can get some food and drinks as we work the problem. If you do this for a business and you are local to Northern NJ, let me know what your rates are.

Thanks, Ant

IMG_2820 (resized).jpg
#250 11 months ago

The service manuals are really good on these machines. So it looks like the pulse to energize the play control relay is not getting to that relay. I would look in the service manual - see how the circuit is engerized and see where the issue is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 110.00
Boards
AMCO
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9.99
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside