• 1,143 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1353 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1354 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 5 years ago

Anyone interested ............

Other - For Sale
“Apologies up front as I am not knowledgeable with these. I was going to purchase a V200 from a chap so I picked this up to go with the V200. Unfortunately things feel through with ...”
2018-11-27
Santa Barbara, CA
300 (OBO)
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 137 times
Contributed to Pinside

IMG_E0833[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E0833[1] (resized).JPG
#152 5 years ago

Didn't know this thread existed. Got this one shortly after my first pin back in 96ish. I recently added a sub to it for the fun of it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#153 5 years ago

Glad I came across this thread. Have been thinking of buying a jukebox for the game room. Have a lot of 45s from my teen years collecting dust. If I have a budget of $1,000US, what jukebox would you suggest? Would like one that plays 45s, not CDs. Are the parts still available for the older models? Thanks for your help.

#154 5 years ago

Is it a big issue if the jukebox is laid down flat on its back when moving it? Or must it be kept upright? I only have an SUV for moving a jukebox once I find one locally.

#155 5 years ago

I think as long as the records are out and you lock the mechanism it should be fine.

#156 5 years ago

if you move most jukes it would be wise to make damn sure the turntable mech is bolted down tight for moving..also use zip ties to secure tone arm so this does not flip and get bent up.i am trying to get sheared bolt out of jukebox base this weekend that was sheared off when owner forgot to bolt down mech..

#157 5 years ago

I have moved a CD box laid down and no issue....I would not move a 45 box laid down. Asking for problems.

#158 5 years ago

For 45 Jukeboxes parts can be found but for most Jukeboxes its a matter of finding used, repairing or making something. For the most part they are tanks though and manuals can be found which like early pinball manuals have tons of info on how to diagnose and service. Also like pinballs, many times issues are more a need for adjustments and cleaning, not parts replacement when it comes to the mechanical bits.

For that budget you can be a little picky. It’s probably not going to get into any highly desirable models but I bet you could find something stylish with a visible player that just needs a good cleanup, some adjusting and amp rebuild. If it doesn’t have a visible player in that budget I would expect something attractive, clean and fully working under budget.

As others mentioned lock the mech before moving. The manual will say how, often there is a locking bolt you can install.

I personally like the early stereo Jukeboxes. There they are still mostly electromechanical, setup for stereo, and there are a number of visible mech models to choose from.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Glad I came across this thread. Have been thinking of buying a jukebox for the game room. Have a lot of 45s from my teen years collecting dust. If I have a budget of $1,000US, what jukebox would you suggest? Would like one that plays 45s, not CDs. Are the parts still available for the older models? Thanks for your help.

A late model Rowe has a reliable mech and they sound excellent. However they are big and heavy. It depends on what your repair skill is. I personally like the 60's Seeburgs but they have a steep learning curve. 50's Seeburgs more so.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

A late model Rowe has a reliable mech and they sound excellent. However they are big and heavy. It depends on what your repair skill is. I personally like the 60's Seeburgs but they have a steep learning curve. 50's Seeburgs more so.

The seeburg mech is a marvel and one of the funnest to watch. Once properly running also pretty reliable but I think the Wurlitzer mechs in the same era also great and easier to work on. I love my Wurlitzer 3000.

1 week later
#161 5 years ago

Quick technical question. All of a sudden my Wurlitzer 1900 will play at a specific volume (and louder), but volume will not get softer beyond that point. Any suggestions?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Quick technical question. All of a sudden my Wurlitzer 1900 will play at a specific volume (and louder), but volume will not get softer beyond that point. Any suggestions?

maybe contact cleaner on the volume pot or deoxit?

#163 5 years ago

I have this nice 1954 Seeburg - great sound but these things need to be used. I find if I let it sit long it is always starts off slooooow until it loosens up. Anyone else have that issue?

IMG_20150502_132021 (resized).jpgIMG_20150502_132021 (resized).jpg
#164 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have this nice 1954 Seeburg - great sound but these things need to be used. I find if I let it sit long it is always starts off slooooow until it loosens up. Anyone else have that issue?
[quoted image]

Not sure if you have the manual or if there is a lubrication chart (see sample attached) in the back of your jukebox. Those documents will show you the lubrication requirements for your particular mechanism. Your problem is most likely that you have old dried oil/grease causing excessive friction. Suggest you disassemble and clean the lubrication points of old oil/grease, then relube. Also, it is important to use the correct oils and greases. WD-40 is wonderful stuff for certain applications, but NOT in your jukebox. It dries out and leaves a residue that will cause exactly the issue you have. Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 1.05.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-21 at 1.05.45 PM (resized).png
#165 5 years ago

1979 with all original records

0DF47C0E-F6B5-4310-A2FE-B2008337B5F1 (resized).jpeg0DF47C0E-F6B5-4310-A2FE-B2008337B5F1 (resized).jpeg6542DBAF-8C69-416F-9529-D0B45704DBE3 (resized).jpeg6542DBAF-8C69-416F-9529-D0B45704DBE3 (resized).jpeg7DDE1732-E8FC-4221-9769-CCAF97F48CE0 (resized).jpeg7DDE1732-E8FC-4221-9769-CCAF97F48CE0 (resized).jpegA50F0FC6-BA3D-40D3-AC39-5BD500EC9D08 (resized).jpegA50F0FC6-BA3D-40D3-AC39-5BD500EC9D08 (resized).jpeg9C8E4A5C-2C37-47B0-9606-45D828E8570D (resized).jpeg9C8E4A5C-2C37-47B0-9606-45D828E8570D (resized).jpeg
#166 5 years ago

That thing almost looks like it was meant to mount on a wall. Is it?

Edit: nevermind I see the rest of it now lol.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Seeburg boxes from the 70s are within that range. I have a mardi gra and love it.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Not sure if you have the manual or if there is a lubrication chart (see sample attached) in the back of your jukebox. Those documents will show you the lubrication requirements for your particular mechanism. Your problem is most likely that you have old dried oil/grease causing excessive friction. Suggest you disassemble and clean the lubrication points of old oil/grease, then relube. Also, it is important to use the correct oils and greases. WD-40 is wonderful stuff for certain applications, but NOT in your jukebox. It dries out and leaves a residue that will cause exactly the issue you have. Hope this helps.[quoted image]

Oil every week; LOL.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Oil every week; LOL.

Yeah, I know. Guess nobody follows the manufacturer's instructions. I haven't lubed my jukeboxes in several years. But like pinball stepper units, got to clean out the old grease and start anew to get the slow, sticky mechanisms to start working once in a while.

#170 5 years ago

Posted this in the other jukebox thread but this one looks to be more active.....just picked up a Seeburg KD 200 that was at my sisters house in Georgia.

Powers up and plays the A sides with no problem. When a B side is selected it will search but not pick up any B side. Any ideas on what the issue may be?

182F173F-8241-4DDC-BBA7-5C09277071BF (resized).jpeg182F173F-8241-4DDC-BBA7-5C09277071BF (resized).jpeg94490434-D0C2-4D9F-BD10-0112C02F5937 (resized).jpeg94490434-D0C2-4D9F-BD10-0112C02F5937 (resized).jpeg
#171 5 years ago

Welcome! (I didn't know there was another thread for jukes)

First thing is to dig into the service manual - Seeburg did a great job on their manuals and it's worth a read. But I would check out the asm that reads the bottom of the tormat unit - alignment is critical. Don't clean the rivets with anything abrasive as they have a special plating on them.

#172 5 years ago

Well a quick google search got a good answer. Since it was ALL the B selections it was a broken wire. Soldered the wire back on and B sides are playing. Cleaned out the cabinet, polished the chrome, cleaned the glass and it’s ready to come in the house. Now my VL200 has a friend. Will post a pick later if the pair when I get it moved in.

4D177C53-6101-4071-BAE0-8D297B040A18 (resized).jpeg4D177C53-6101-4071-BAE0-8D297B040A18 (resized).jpeg
#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Well a quick google search got a good answer. Since it was ALL the B selections it was a broken wire. Soldered the wire back on and B sides are playing. Cleaned out the cabinet, polished the chrome, cleaned the glass and it’s ready to come in the house. Now my VL200 has a friend. Will post a pick later if the pair when I get it moved in.
[quoted image]

Congrats on the repair

I'm guessing a lubrication job is on the schedule?

#174 5 years ago

Yes....lubrication goes along way on Jukes......most important thing is to play the damn thing regular.....even punch up songs you don’t care to hear from time to time just so it all keeps working.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

[quoted image]

We've had a 100R since I was a kid, we always thought it was fun to try and sing along to the SLOOOWED down songs until it sped up. Fast forward 25 years and it's in my house all restored. Take off the blue mech cover and on the right side you'll see 2 little funnel shaped ports that go into the motor assembly. Get some SAE 20 3 in 1 oil and put a few drops in and play it a bunch. Maybe add a few more drops for good measure, a little goes a long way. This isn't a substitute for a full de-grease and re-lubrication, but should get it up to speed much faster.

#176 5 years ago

Hey All,
Pinball has always been my thing but my brother is interested in owning an older jukebox (45s). He has zero technical/mechanical skills so I'm thinking he'll have to purchase a 100% reconditioned unit from a local dealer who can also provide service. He lives in northern NJ. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey All,
Pinball has always been my thing but my brother is interested in owning an older jukebox (45s). He has zero technical/mechanical skills so I'm thinking he'll have to purchase a 100% reconditioned unit from a local dealer who can also provide service. He lives in northern NJ. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Something reconditioned with a warranty can be pricey. Is that ok with your brother? If so than great!

Get a warranty and purchase from someone who can service it.

1 week later
#178 5 years ago

Hey guys. Great thread. Looking to buy my first juke. Prefer a Seeburg HF100R. Preferably in CA.
What's the range I can expect to pay, btw? TIA.

Todd

1 month later
#179 5 years ago

My jukebox collection in video!

3 weeks later
#180 5 years ago

Finally in the club as I picked up this FB marketplace 488 in working condition. Needs a good cleaning and some cosmetics too but sounds great.

Already ordered a dozen 45s to replace some of the existing!

Anyone know where to order the blank song titles and the templates to print them from your printer?

IMG_4177 (resized).JPGIMG_4177 (resized).JPG
#181 5 years ago

Several free sites for strip creation on the inter webs. Here’s some I used in the past:

https://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/titlestrips.html

http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/other/title.htm

http://www.cdadapter.com/tstrips.htm

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Finally in the club as I picked up this FB marketplace 488 in working condition. Needs a good cleaning and some cosmetics too but sounds great.
Already ordered a dozen 45s to replace some of the existing!
Anyone know where to order the blank song titles and the templates to print them from your printer?[quoted image]

Real nice! I've seen a few 488s locally, always tempting but I don't have room for a second juke Really cool looking machine.

#183 5 years ago

Thanks so much for those links - the one at Mikes Arcade is positively AWESOME.
Worked like a charm ... I've ordered a bunch of mostly 80's hits from Ebay and replacing the crappy music that was loaded when I bought it
Love it!

IMG_4206 (resized).JPGIMG_4206 (resized).JPG
#184 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Mikes Arcade

That’s the one I use. I change colors for Christmas tunes.

#185 5 years ago

Same. But I like grey scale
with the chrome.

1660CBBA-A9EE-4EAD-9548-CAFEE441F6AA (resized).jpeg1660CBBA-A9EE-4EAD-9548-CAFEE441F6AA (resized).jpeg
#186 5 years ago

For my non-holiday records I use the Red one. I use the same font as in MT45 example. Darn fine site. Use some good card stock, and you're all set.

#187 4 years ago

So ... I was adding my recent Ebay purchases to the Juke. I bought the 9 record MJ greatest hits 45 set.
Thought I'd hit play and hear how "Thriller" sounded.
I pushed the 3 digits, then waited, and waited and heard a thump, then nothing... no sound
I opened up the cabinet to find the record down in the bottom
When I reached in the pull it out, I found the problem. The record set was 45 rpm indeed BUT the spindle hole was the normal LP small hole!

2 minutes later with my Milwaukee hole saw set, I was back in business!

IMG_4214 (resized).JPGIMG_4214 (resized).JPG
#188 4 years ago

Is anyone on here familiar w/ repairing a Philips CD PRO cd player for my juke boxes? I have 2 that don't work...one is the 1252 the other is a 1254

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So ... I was adding my recent Ebay purchases to the Juke. I bought the 9 record MJ greatest hits 45 set.
Thought I'd hit play and hear how "Thriller" sounded.
I pushed the 3 digits, then waited, and waited and heard a thump, then nothing... no sound
I opened up the cabinet to find the record down in the bottom
When I reached in the pull it out, I found the problem. The record set was 45 rpm indeed BUT the spindle hole was the normal LP small hole!
2 minutes later with my Milwaukee hole saw set, I was back in business![quoted image]

That Michael Jackson record, red vinyl, on EPIC records was worth $750 before you cut the hole in it. Just kidding.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

That Michael Jackson record, red vinyl, on EPIC records was worth $750 before you cut the hole in it.

Checked and I can get all 9 on red through sellers on discogs for 50 bucks. Seems cheap.

I use a “dink” tool to put holes in mine.

#191 4 years ago

double post

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Is anyone on here familiar w/ repairing a Philips CD PRO cd player for my juke boxes? I have 2 that don't work...one is the 1252 the other is a 1254

We used to replace the laser diodes back in the day but I haven’t seen any for sale in over a decade. It’s stupid what a CDPro goes for now. I think they’re around $450...

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Checked and I can get all 9 on red through sellers on discogs for 50 bucks. Seems cheap.
I use a “dink” tool to put holes in mine.

I paid $36 delivered for the entire set. I might try to search out the original issue 45s as these red ones sound thin to me. Not much bass to speak of

#194 4 years ago

Send your cd pro player into Bruce wentworth A&B jukebox. He rebuilds them. Here's a cool cd Rowe K box I'm selling.

#195 4 years ago

Hey all - I have a Seeburg HF100R and am having an issue with the mechanism slowing down and sometimes almost stopping. it seems to be most prevalent on the A side ( so when turning towards you) when it plays the B side not near as bad at all. I have lubed up all the gearing so not sure if its mechanical or electrical. Any thoughts?

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey all - I have a Seeburg HF100R and am having an issue with the mechanism slowing down and sometimes almost stopping. it seems to be most prevalent on the A side ( so when turning towards you) when it plays the B side not near as bad at all. I have lubed up all the gearing so not sure if its mechanical or electrical. Any thoughts?

Check the tubes on the Auto Speed control unit. Then the electrolytic caps. For all tubes that are twins, Mark them and swap into the other sockets and see if the issue switches to the "B" side.
Electrical problems are more likely than mechanical problems......

#197 4 years ago

I’m looking to add a jukebox to my game room. I would be interested in a Seeburg 222, KD200, 201, 161, VL200, V200, or HF100R

#198 4 years ago
#199 4 years ago

Hey Guys, Has anyone done a speaker cloth replacement on a Seeburg HF100R? Looking to do mine but want some kind of plan of attack before I rip it all apart. Figured if one of you have done it may have a few suggestions/tricks that could save me time and maybe grief-

Thx

IMG_20150502_132044 (resized).jpgIMG_20150502_132044 (resized).jpg
#200 4 years ago

Ohhh yes...fortunately I can say I already have and will never have to do it again. I did it as part of a total restore with new side paneling as well. As I recall it's about the last thing that has to come off. Buttons, waterfalls, glass lites, kick plate and you have to carefully pry up that little trim piece at the bottom... It's basically glued on with a spray adhesive and stapled at the very top and a tiny bit tucked behind that lower trim channel. Physically easy to install, just a long way to go and go back to get it done. There is a whole 100R thread somewhere here on pinside with great pictures.

There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors/page/4?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.