You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.
#101 6 years ago
1 week later
#102 6 years ago

Anyone know a good site for pricing jukeboxes? I found a 1954 wurlitzer 1700f that i am trying to figure out what it is worth. My buddy has it and I want to treat him fair on price, but neither of us has a clue.

Thanks!

1 month later
#103 5 years ago

Just joined the group. Got a rockola 1458!!! Super excited!!

#104 5 years ago

Welcome!

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Just joined the group. Got a rockola 1458!!! Super excited!!

Congrats!

#106 5 years ago

Yesterday while working on shopping a game, we played our Wurlitzer 3000 all day long non-stop. Such a great machine!

#107 5 years ago

Question - my W1900 started to sound "warbly" (can't think of a better word) all of a sudden. At first I thought the drive belt might be loose. Before I could check that, I made a selection, and the turntable shaft didn't start turning. I reached in and gave the record a manual spin, and it started up - albeit a little warbly (that word again). Any ideas what I may be facing?

#108 5 years ago

Seized motor bearings. Zoom Spout Oiler is your friend.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Seized motor bearings. Zoom Spout Oiler is your friend.

Thanks @mrbally! Where do I apply said oil? I know that some Seeburgs had tubes into which the oil goes. I don't see anything similar on my Wurly 1900.

#110 5 years ago

Yes....I would like to know as I have a warble sound on my Wurlitzer 2204.

#111 5 years ago

W1990 solved! All I had was a loose hex screw on the pulley. I noticed the the motor was running well, and the axel to the pulley was turning as well. So, I tightened the hex screw, and bam! No warbly (that word again) sound. Thanks for all the suggestions!

#112 5 years ago

Ran into a (but different) on a Seeburg Q160 the other day occasionally playing warbly (lol). Hex screw on the bracket holding down the automatic needle brush had loosened causing it to torq towards and sometimes coming into contact with the record edge.

#113 5 years ago

My friend has a juke with cd issues in Columbus and is looking for someone who can fix it. Does anyone know of a place that could do this? Thanks!

#114 5 years ago

This is what I have

20171204_194321 (resized).jpg20171204_194321 (resized).jpg

#115 5 years ago

here is a photo of my 1965 rockola wall unit

023 (resized).JPG023 (resized).JPG

#116 5 years ago

Man how did I miss this thread. I've got a Rock-Ola 470 that we've owned for a few years. Picked it up for 200 bucks chock full of good songs and a box of extras, with a manual...which...turned out to be a godsend, because the guy said it was working...and when I got there it mysteriously wasn't.

Got it home, fixed it by following the process of operation from the manual and going "OH HEY WHERE'S THAT CUBE RELAY!?" Ordered 3 off ebay for 15 bucks. Oiled the motors, including taking out the AC motor for the turntable (that was fun...) and it's been pretty solid ever since, as long as it gets used! I might fire it up tonight, now that I think about it. Feels like a good night for that.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Feels like a good night for that.

Right on! Late spring nights are perfect for the jukebox. Way better than having the TV on.

#118 5 years ago

Something I love about a 45 player you don’t get on a CD machine is that once you get your song selection dialed in you can play games like... lets just play everying on 3 or all J songs and it’s always a great mix!

1 month later
#119 5 years ago

I picked up a non-working Rowe CD-100b with a CDM-3 player last night, and I am trying to get it working. I don't know the history of the machine, but I suspect it has a non-working cd player. Hopefully one of you can answer some questions for me.

The first thing I noticed is that there is no RCA cable plug in either the right or left CD inputs of the amp board. Is this where the CD drive is supposed to plug in? Where is the audio outs on the CDM-3?

Can I test the amp by simply plugging in an RCA audio source into the CD inputs on the amp board?

Lastly, I did re-initalize the machine, and it will select a CD from input form the keypad. It places the cd on the cradle, spins up for about 30 seconds, and then removes the CD. Is this typical of a dying CD player?

If the CD drive is bad, is it worth buying the upgrade kit from Happ? Or would I be better off going the MP3 replacement route?

#120 5 years ago

I haven’t owned a 100-b before but assuming its similar to others I have:

There should be an RCA cable going from
the CD player controller board into to the amp. It sounds like the CD3 is dying which is super typical at this age.

You can find a mail in repair service for the player for less than the MP3 conversion.

Being that the payer is not visible in that box there’s nothing wrong with going MP3 and it will actually change tracks faster.. but it’s more of a hassle to organize and load songs.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

You can find a mail in repair service for the player for less than the MP3 conversion.
Being that the payer is not visible in that box there’s nothing wrong with going MP3 and it will actually change tracks faster.. but it’s more of a hassle to organize and load songs.

Unless my Google-phoo is off today, I think the best I could do on a mail in service is $180. This makes the $234 for the upgrade kit from Happ look like an attractive alternative.

#122 5 years ago

Rowe Berkley wallmount with the stained glass look connected to a pair of Bose 301's

34268528_10216872451106553_4636237035038834688_n (resized).jpg34268528_10216872451106553_4636237035038834688_n (resized).jpg
#123 5 years ago

Try cleaning CD player lens with photography lens cleaner. Quite tip with cleaner on it gently clean the lens.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from jpinb:

Try cleaning CD player lens with photography lens cleaner. Quite tip with cleaner on it gently clean the lens.

I found a really good page on the basic operations of a cd player http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/cdfaq.htm#cdtopfc

Cleaning the lens is one of the first things they suggest. Given the tobacco smell of the jukebox, it would not surprise me if the lens is dirty.

#125 5 years ago

Well I tried cleaning the lens, and that didn’t work. The player starts up, and tries to focus the laser, however the servo never moves. The decoder board looks like someone to contact cleaner to it. The board also has been serviced in the past as I can see where a ribbon cable has been replaced. The strangest part is the burnt area in the corner where there are no components.

I found a service manual for the player online, but it is in Dutch....

D0F9CA53-4314-43F6-8D24-98DE2FDE24B9 (resized).jpegD0F9CA53-4314-43F6-8D24-98DE2FDE24B9 (resized).jpeg
#126 5 years ago

Here are my two Jukeboxes:
> Seeburg Library Unit
> AMI Continental 2

IMG_5816 (resized).jpgIMG_5816 (resized).jpgIMG_7609 (resized).jpgIMG_7609 (resized).jpgIMG_7610 (resized).jpgIMG_7610 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#127 5 years ago

Hey all,

I picked up a Wurlitzer 2910 (1965) a couple weeks ago. It quit working last week and i'm totally stumped. Selection buttons lock in and won't release, changer assembly doesn't rotate. Trying to dig through the service manual without any luck. I've spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what the heck is wrong, but can't figure it out. Machine is on free play.

The coin mech doesn't work/register coins, i know that's an issue. The top tunes selector doesnt' work either, but if i manually trigger the relay on the control box it will fire the coil and trigger all the pins.

Would appreciate any help!

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Hey all,
I picked up a Wurlitzer 2910 (1965) a couple weeks ago. It quit working last week and i'm totally stumped. Selection buttons lock in and won't release, changer assembly doesn't rotate. Trying to dig through the service manual without any luck. I've spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what the heck is wrong, but can't figure it out. Machine is on free play.
The coin mech doesn't work/register coins, i know that's an issue. The top tunes selector doesnt' work either, but if i manually trigger the relay on the control box it will fire the coil and trigger all the pins.

Start with the basics, learn the systems and start checking voltages. You need to learn the sequence of events - coin drop activates the key lock solenoid, pressing keys is supposed to cause a pin solenoid to fire - why isn't that happening? Work through the systems-

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Hey all,

Agree with cad-kid. Need to methodically go through step by step in the operation, checking voltages and relays. Have you checked the fuse(s)? Good place to start.

#130 5 years ago

Thanks, got frustrated, took a day off, then went back at it. Was able to trace it down to the transfer switch wasn't connecting properly. Had to clean and bend the contacts and then everything fired back up. Just the TT button left to work out, but at least i'm back up and running and listening to records again!

Spent a few hours last night working on some pinball stuff while listening to some 80s, love it!

Figured the jukebox would be similar to working a pinball, but it's a bit different and the wiring is a bit more complicated, everything splits every which way.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Thanks, got frustrated, took a day off, then went back at it. Was able to trace it down to the transfer switch wasn't connecting properly. Had to clean and bend the contacts and then everything fired back up. Just the TT button left to work out, but at least i'm back up and running and listening to records again!
Spent a few hours last night working on some pinball stuff while listening to some 80s, love it!
Figured the jukebox would be similar to working a pinball, but it's a bit different and the wiring is a bit more complicated, everything splits every which way.

Congrats on getting it up and running again

1 week later
#132 5 years ago

I picked this up yesterday from a fellow collector Rowe/AMi CD-100 H Starburst CD jukebox. I had to order a missing piece for it once it comes in I will be able to test the player. My first jukebox

28FD754B-AD17-43F0-8FBD-F654FE77D953 (resized).jpeg28FD754B-AD17-43F0-8FBD-F654FE77D953 (resized).jpeg
#133 5 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Rowe Berkley wallmount with the stained glass look connected to a pair of Bose 301's

I've been looking for one of these for a long time....

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I picked this up yesterday from a fellow collector Rowe/AMi CD-100 H Starburst CD jukebox. I had to order a missing piece for it once it comes in I will be able to test the player. My first jukebox

Congrats! You may find the player needs to be rebuilt (seems every cd player I get does by the time it comes off route) but once running it should be rock solid for years.

#135 5 years ago

It’s in storage currently while were moving but I have a Rockola cybersonic hideaway jukebox I may finally have a use for. It’s kind of a unique thing that I’m really looking forward to setting up.

3 weeks later
#136 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Congrats! You may find the player needs to be rebuilt (seems every cd player I get does by the time it comes off route) but once running it should be rock solid for years.

Thanks. I ordered a Bluetooth adapter before I got to deep into it. We got that working Saturday and we had a little jukebox party in the garage. Holly Cow the sounds are amazing I have had some nice stereos but this jukebox rocks.

2 weeks later
#137 5 years ago

Need some help. Have friend that need to know a price on a box. See pics. Only think he knows it will not pick up record. The last selling it has no clue on price but is in need of money so he dont want anyone to lowball her. Any help would be great. Thanks

IMG_43661 (resized).jpgIMG_43661 (resized).jpgIMG_43671 (resized).jpgIMG_43671 (resized).jpg
#138 5 years ago

I’m not sure on that particular machine but in general Jukeboxes without a visible player tend to be worth significantly less unfortunately. The good thing is that it does look to be in nice condition cosmetically.

#139 5 years ago

Non working - $150 or less. working $350. Console era jukes don't go for much at all. Don't be expecting a quick sale. The number of people buying jukes is not growing (unlike pinball). But for what it's worth I do like the looks of that juke

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Non working - $150 or less. working $350. Console era jukes don't go for much at all. Don't be expecting a quick sale. The number of people buying jukes is not growing (unlike pinball). But for what it's worth I do like the looks of that juke

Sadly, true. I can get any number of Rowe AMI's from that era for under $200. :/

#141 5 years ago

I just picked this one up. Rowe 100 cd. Not sure if there is suppose to be lights on the sides. It is working. Got it with about 60 cds in it. Going to add some. I built it in the wall.

085E5532-DB88-46B4-A07A-905A1E719D34 (resized).jpeg085E5532-DB88-46B4-A07A-905A1E719D34 (resized).jpeg358BD698-9177-4795-90BD-76455D5D3348 (resized).jpeg358BD698-9177-4795-90BD-76455D5D3348 (resized).jpegDB014BD8-8154-4F3C-A624-09E45AFBFF75 (resized).jpegDB014BD8-8154-4F3C-A624-09E45AFBFF75 (resized).jpeg
#142 5 years ago

Thanks

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I just picked this one up. Rowe 100 cd. Not sure if there is suppose to be lights on the sides. It is working. Got it with about 60 cds in it. Going to add some. I built it in the wall.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I had a similar form factoe NSM (Digital Thunder). The sides did light up with mini florescents that were toast. I just removed all the old lighting stuff and ran some LED strips into the channels.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job on the install, looks neat.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Need some help. Have friend that need to know a price on a box. See pics. Only think he knows it will not pick up record. The last selling it has no clue on price but is in need of money so he dont want anyone to lowball her. Any help would be great. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

$200-300 IMO. Pretty neat design and color scheme, compared with a lot of the 70s jukes, and it's clean and complete looking.

#146 5 years ago

But It's a "modern" Wurlitzer. The 1050 had a bit more value.....

2 months later
#147 5 years ago

Vintage jukes and pins just go together. I prefer listening to old surf, Dick Dale etc when playing. It just completes the feel. I personally have 10 set up and playing with 5 in the queue for restoration. But I do something with mine that no one else does. Mine are configured such that all 10 can have selections made and only one plays at a time until all selections played. Essentially all my jukes act as one, like the Borg for you trekkies.

#148 5 years ago

Check out more pics and a few short vids on our facebook page www.facebook.com/pinballmayhem
-Jeremy-

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#149 5 years ago

Here are my two: 1959 Seeburg 220 and a 1958 201. I bought the 220 10+ years ago on EBay. It was toast: sideglass flaked, chrome pitted, wrong amp, didn't work. The re-chroming cost more than the jukebox. Found a correct amp and had the selection receiver rebuilt professionally. Cleaned and lubed the mechanism (the scary part). Recently replaced the amp again, with an SHFA-5 and it sounds great.

The 201 was a much better find: It was on Craigslist 3 years ago, for months and overpriced. I called and made a cold lowball offer and they took it. They said it no longer worked. Turns out, the issue was just a jammed quarter. Plays fine.

IMG_8157 (resized).JPGIMG_8157 (resized).JPG
#150 5 years ago

Great looking Seeburgs! Yeah the seeburg mech is quite a machine, really a marvel.

Question for those with multiple jukeboxes: Is there a good solution out there for managing playback through a single set of speakers or external amp with prioritization of source?

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.