• 1,143 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1353 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1354 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

might get a Rowe AMI CD jukebox to house all my CD's
but of course I threw the album sleeves and jewel cases away a while ago to save room and put the discs in a CD organizer, now I wish I had them to put inside the jukebox to page through
anyone have any suggestions on finding a site or someway to print album covers off without having to scour the internet to find the actual CD booklets?
Any ideas are welcome!

https://jukeboxlabels.com/

#902 1 year ago

For labels, Amazon. Search, right click, save. Load into a freeware program: cdcovers.com print them off.

#903 1 year ago

This is what I use as well. You can also save your collection on it.

#904 1 year ago

I have over 10 CD jukeboxes. I use JukeCD to make my title cards...works good.

https://www.lowprofilesoftware.com/products/jukecd

#905 1 year ago

I have a new Rock-Ola vinyl jukebox on the way. Is "https://jukeboxlabels.com/" the best choice for printing labels as well? If possible I would like to add the year on the labels. I already have all of the information in an Excel spreadsheet.

3 weeks later
#906 1 year ago

I have a Rowe CD100 wall mount
Still haven’t put it up yet or even looked inside it much
But is it possible to hook a blue tooth up to it when you aren’t using the cd’s?
Is that even possible in those units?

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

I have a Rowe CD100 wall mount
Still haven’t put it up yet or even looked inside it much
But is it possible to hook a blue tooth up to it when you aren’t using the cd’s?
Is that even possible in those units?

What you need to do is research how to hook up "Background Music" to whatever particular model you have. Basically any low level input you can run through the amp until a selection is made. You might need a special satellite board that should be readily available on ebay or wherever.

#908 1 year ago

Need a Rowe accessory board to hook up back ground music
Part 26697403
Any places to find these?
Not having great luck searching online so far

#909 1 year ago

Jukeboxes are works of are just like pinball machines. Some very cool stuff in this thread for sure! I haven't restored one, and don't have a collection, but did pick up a NSM Firebird a while back. works well and sounds amazing. Not as fancy as the floor mount versions, but it adds a certain something to the space for sure. One thing I had NO idea about is how heavy these are. Holy cow that was a shock to me. This little wall mount box I swear weighed as much as a pinball machine.

IMG_4385 (resized).jpgIMG_4385 (resized).jpgIMG_4387 (resized).jpgIMG_4387 (resized).jpgIMG_4388 (resized).jpgIMG_4388 (resized).jpgIMG_4394 (resized).jpgIMG_4394 (resized).jpgIMG_4396 (resized).jpgIMG_4396 (resized).jpg
#910 1 year ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Part 26697403

Try the "Jukebox Repair Help 2.0" group on facebook. I have good luck finding obscure stuff through the folks in that group.

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Part 26697403

Is this what you are looking for?

1656254038514-2087054876 (resized).jpg1656254038514-2087054876 (resized).jpg
#912 1 year ago
Quoted from jpinb:

Is this what you are looking for?
[quoted image]

Yes
I think that’s it

#913 1 year ago

The Operator I worked for had a box full of those boards years ago. We'd pull them off Juke amps as they came off route, then sell the Jukes for home use.

That box probably eventually got junked. Along with a lot of other stuff that had become obsolete then, but probably is worth something these days.

Kinda sad, but stuff sits around collecting dust for years and you eventually get tired of looking at it and don't care anymore so it gets pitched. More hassle to find a buyer than it is to just make it go away.

#914 1 year ago

Anyone know where to get a CD100 Symphony Rowe manual?
One I bought didn’t come with one

Not having much luck online

2 weeks later
#915 1 year ago

Just paid for this on eBay. Looking forward to getting it. I’ll probably need some help with restoration.

B182F0DF-3805-473F-91CB-D1AA1CE3D8FD (resized).pngB182F0DF-3805-473F-91CB-D1AA1CE3D8FD (resized).png
#916 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Just paid for this on eBay. Looking forward to getting it. I’ll probably need some help with restoration.
[quoted image]

You gonna put an MP3 player in it?

#917 1 year ago

I would like to restore it. If I can’t I think I’ll either do WIFI speakers, Bluetooth, or MP3.

Quoted from ToucanF16:You gonna put an MP3 player in it?

#918 1 year ago

I have 2 of those converted to mp3 players. Real nice. Working with the buttons.

#919 1 year ago

I have a nice looking 1952 Seeburg C that could use a gone through.
If anyone happens to be a Jukebox Guy in Upstate N.Y., I'd like to
maybe work something out. I restore EM Arcades, Pinball, and Ball
Bowlers. I could also possibly trade a working Ball Bowler (Small or Big
Ball), for a working 50s Jukebox.
Years back, the C's been restored, but it has problems making selections.
Along with Ball Bowlers, I also have many EM pinballs.. Tim

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have 2 of those converted to mp3 players. Real nice. Working with the buttons.

I saw something like that ?! How do you do it?

#921 1 year ago

I got this one in mine.
http://www.wallbox2mp3.com/en/welcome/
But check google to see other options.

#922 1 year ago

Thank you! I will send an email today.

Quoted from PeterG:I got this one in mine.
http://www.wallbox2mp3.com/en/welcome/
But check google to see other options.

1 month later
#923 1 year ago

So I got a Seeburg SPS2 and am looking for some troubleshooting tips. Lights up, powers on, carriage moves left and right and the selection playing numbers track with it on the top but that's it. Won't coin up, won't let me select a song, credit switch doesn't do anything. Is there some good forums for repair help?

VideoCapture_20220826-125400 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20220826-125400 (resized).jpg
#924 1 year ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

So I got a Seeburg SPS2 and am looking for some troubleshooting tips. Lights up, powers on, carriage moves left and right and the selection playing numbers track with it on the top but that's it. Won't coin up, won't let me select a song, credit switch doesn't do anything. Is there some good forums for repair help?
[quoted image]

There are several jukebox groups on FB.

Give it a try...the people are very helpful.

#925 1 year ago

I've fixed more Seeburgs than I'd like to admit. Always got them going, but it was sometimes a battle. Here's a website that I've used with a lot of good information that should help..

https://www.flippers.com/Seeburg-trblshoot.html

#926 1 year ago

I had an SPS2. It's been gone some time but I remember I had a similar problem that required a rebuilt power supply.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

There are several jukebox groups on FB.
Give it a try...the people are very helpful.

Thank you, I'll start searching

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from tullster:

I've fixed more Seeburgs than I'd like to admit. Always got them going, but it was sometimes a battle. Here's a website that I've used with a lot of good information that should help..
https://www.flippers.com/Seeburg-trblshoot.html

Awesome thank you very much!

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I had an SPS2. It's been gone some time but I remember I had a similar problem that required a rebuilt power supply.

I'll add it to the list of possibilities. Thanks

#930 1 year ago

Find the black box which controls the credit settings. It’s about 1 1/2”W X 8” square. On the end is a circuit board held in by two cap screws. Take out those screws and pull out the board. Removing the board (1 1/14” X 5”) will set it to free play. Now attempt to select a song. If it selects, ok. If it doesn’t select, repeatedly and rapidly press the 1 and 2 buttons to see if you can get it to accept one of the numbers. There’s a switch on the side of the keypad. Clean the contacts by running a title strip or a coin wrapper through it. Don’t attempt to adjust it yet. Repeat trying to select a record.
If no selection occurs then find the control center. There will be a single wire that plugs into it via a mini RCA type connector. Get a D cell battery. Pull the cable, hold the positive end of the battery against the case of the control center then take the cable and touch the back (negative) end of the battery. Then plug the cable back in and then start the mech. If done correctly, this will charge the tormat unit and the mech (if working correctly) will pick up every record in the machine both front and back. This will tell you 1) if the mech is working correctly (if not, the problem is mechanical and 2) if so, if the problem is electronic. It’s been thirty some years since I’ve worked on these so I’ll have to really think about this.

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from 29REO:

Find the black box which controls the credit settings. It’s about 1 1/2”W X 8” square. On the end is a circuit board held in by two cap screws. Take out those screws and pull out the board. Removing the board (1 1/14” X 5”) will set it to free play. Now attempt to select a song. If it selects, ok. If it doesn’t select, repeatedly and rapidly press the 1 and 2 buttons to see if you can get it to accept one of the numbers. There’s a switch on the side of the keypad. Clean the contacts by running a title strip or a coin wrapper through it. Don’t attempt to adjust it yet. Repeat trying to select a record.
If no selection occurs then find the control center. There will be a single wire that plugs into it via a mini RCA type connector. Get a D cell battery. Pull the cable, hold the positive end of the battery against the case of the control center then take the cable and touch the back (negative) end of the battery. Then plug the cable back in and then start the mech. If done correctly, this will charge the tormat unit and the mech (if working correctly) will pick up every record in the machine both front and back. This will tell you 1) if the mech is working correctly (if not, the problem is mechanical and 2) if so, if the problem is electronic. It’s been thirty some years since I’ve worked on these so I’ll have to really think about this.

Sounds like 29REO knows his stuff!

#932 1 year ago

ToucanF16 Ha! My dad worked for Atlas Music in Pittsburgh which was the local Seeburg distributor and exclusively operated Seeburgs for years until he retired. I went on a LOT of service calls with him. FWIW-I have a large number of these Seeburgs that he stuffed into a container back in the 80’s and which have suffered from the weather and are likely just parts machines. They range form the SPS bandshell models, STD models up through the SMC-2. So if anyone needs any parts let me know. There is one Matador in there like Bam_Man’s and I always planned on keeping that one because I consider it the best looking model of that era.

#933 1 year ago

@Bam-Man You need this book: ebay.com link: itm

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from 29REO:

@Bam-Man You need this book: ebay.com link: itm

Thank you

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from 29REO:

ToucanF16 Ha! My dad worked for Atlas Music in Pittsburgh which was the local Seeburg distributor and exclusively operated Seeburgs for years until he retired. I went on a LOT of service calls with him. FWIW-I have a large number of these Seeburgs that he stuffed into a container back in the 80’s and which have suffered from the weather and are likely just parts machines. They range form the SPS bandshell models, STD models up through the SMC-2. So if anyone needs any parts let me know. There is one Matador in there like Bam_Man’s and I always planned on keeping that one because I consider it the best looking model of that era.

Man, I wish you had a SMC3 in that container! I have a nice Matador. Like you, I always thought it was one of Seeburg’s best looking 70s jukes. I probably have 15 Seeburgs (mostly 50s stuff). I have a VMC1, it’s not much to look at but it sounds great and is pretty rare.

2 weeks later
#936 1 year ago

If any one is into AMI Continentals, I’ve got some parts available, see pictures. The one complete amp is a mono, the other is 2/3 of a stereo amp. The one stepper box is NOS still in the original box for 100 select and comes with the other required box as you need both to run wallboxes. There is a front grille from a Lyric and a nicely refinished AMI speaker. Also, have many Seeburg cartridges & needles and all the good tubes!

4773B1B6-E987-4825-AEE0-845D77AE26F0 (resized).jpeg4773B1B6-E987-4825-AEE0-845D77AE26F0 (resized).jpeg468D6097-C27B-464C-88C4-C591445064E1 (resized).jpeg468D6097-C27B-464C-88C4-C591445064E1 (resized).jpegABCE6A98-A82A-4C88-97A3-AA122E3FB053 (resized).jpegABCE6A98-A82A-4C88-97A3-AA122E3FB053 (resized).jpegA9102F94-643E-4635-9106-03C4DA770323 (resized).jpegA9102F94-643E-4635-9106-03C4DA770323 (resized).jpegF3D2FACF-D459-4017-95EC-8ED35A349295 (resized).jpegF3D2FACF-D459-4017-95EC-8ED35A349295 (resized).jpegBEF383FB-9B7A-4C96-AB11-255188F6BFE4 (resized).jpegBEF383FB-9B7A-4C96-AB11-255188F6BFE4 (resized).jpegB5CDB011-8B16-403A-8717-EB2803153FDB (resized).jpegB5CDB011-8B16-403A-8717-EB2803153FDB (resized).jpeg03C51DFF-E000-43B7-ADC8-35423EF2C4F3 (resized).jpeg03C51DFF-E000-43B7-ADC8-35423EF2C4F3 (resized).jpegBB9D3F38-C602-45CD-B016-C8AC3E106F0D (resized).jpegBB9D3F38-C602-45CD-B016-C8AC3E106F0D (resized).jpeg
#937 1 year ago

Thanks for posting. Would any of your Seeburg cartridges fit a M100A? I’ve been on the lookout for a while with no results.

54EB3721-3342-4BCF-8DC1-97C78718D639 (resized).jpeg54EB3721-3342-4BCF-8DC1-97C78718D639 (resized).jpeg
#938 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Thanks for posting. Would any of your Seeburg cartridges fit a M100A? I’ve been on the lookout for a while with no results.[quoted image]

No, the mono ones I have are for the B up thru the 201 and the Stereo ones are for the 220 & 222

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

If any one is into AMI Continentals, I’ve got some parts available, see pictures. The one complete amp is a mono, the other is 2/3 of a stereo amp. The one stepper box is NOS still in the original box for 100 select and comes with the other required box as you need both to run wallboxes. There is a front grille from a Lyric and a nicely refinished AMI speaker. Also, have many Seeburg cartridges & needles and all the good tubes!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you have stuff for a Continental 2 let me know…I am gonna be restoring mine shortly. I know it doesn’t go on the Continental….but what do you want for the Lyric grill? My dad restored a Continental 2 many years ago…my oldest sister got that juke when he passed …he always liked the star and put one on the Continental 2 he restored LOL! After many years I have finally scored a complete project and have it almost working correctly….so getting ready to restore mine. It would only be fitting if I can find a star to put on mine.

#940 1 year ago

Does anyone have a motor for a Rowe Wall-Mount CD100 (Storm/Berkley/etc)? Mine is getting a bit sluggish and unreliable.

#941 1 year ago

Which motor?

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from jpinb:

Which motor?

The motor that turns the pages with the track titles on them. Part # 34012101

I cleaned and re-greased the gearbox and all gears look good, so I think it is the motor...but other suggestions are welcomed!

IMG_4630 (resized).jpegIMG_4630 (resized).jpegIMG_4633 (resized).jpegIMG_4633 (resized).jpeg
#943 1 year ago

Don't remember exactly how the Berkley title page assembly was set up. Any gears sliding parts that need cleaned lubricated? Try blowing motor with compressed air see if any dust comes out. Disassemble motor clean lube. Connections from board that drives motor, cold joints. Used to operate lots of rowes never had bad motor.

#944 1 year ago

There's a page speed adjustment in the settings that you could mess with. I know full speed, the pages really slap, and lowest setting they move really slowly.

#945 1 year ago

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will definitely try it. Unfortunately, the juke is not with me, so my test cycles are very long!

Quoted from jpinb:

Disassemble motor clean lube.

Can you elaborate a bit, I thought they we're servicable, but that seems like just a poor assumption on my part. Any particular kind of lube? Lithium grease?

The motor works when I fiddle with it - give it a turn by hand, etc, so I don't think it is cold solder/board problem.

1 week later
#946 1 year ago

Hi all I have a Seeburg SCCD-2 or 1 ,does anyone know why it's resetting all the time now .thanks

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi all I have a Seeburg SCCD-2 or 1 ,does anyone know why it's resetting all the time now .thanks

Bump would anyone know why it's resetting any ideas too check thanks

#948 1 year ago

You might have better luck asking the question in the jukebox repair group on FB.

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You might have better luck asking the question in the jukebox repair group on FB.

I don't have FB I was hoping someone here might know thanks

#950 1 year ago

Check the basics. Wall outlet, power cord, reseat connectors. Pull the power supply and look for cracked solder joints or bad capacitors. Got any neon lights nearby? Flickering fluorescent tubes? They can cause those SCD’s to do weird stuff.

Those jukeboxes are about 35 years old and probably due for some attention.

There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.