You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Scored this jem last month. Had a full resto in the early 1970’s. Hasn’t been plugged in for 3 decades. She is now up and running.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! How about a pic all lit up?

#802 2 years ago

There must be a new Jukebox manufacturer. I saw an ad on Facebook for a Waltlizard jukebox. Very rare I'm sure.

waltlizard (resized).jpgwaltlizard (resized).jpg
#803 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

There must be a new Jukebox manufacturer. I saw an ad on Facebook for a Waltlizard jukebox. Very rare I'm sure.
[quoted image]

Title says brand new, ad says "LIKE brand new".... 250 cd capacity (if you put them loose in the bottom of the cabinet) it looks like the 50 cd capacity model. May even be a Princess version.

#804 2 years ago

What is the best first jukebox for someone who:

-knows nothing about jukeboxes
-wants one from the 40's/50's that plays 45rpm records
-can fix EM pinball machines

#805 2 years ago

I have a Seeburg M100A project from 1950 that has been challenging. Just finding a cartridge for it is near impossible and costs more than what an average M100A is worth. The model A’s were originally 78’s and many were converted to play 45’s from what I understand. In 1951, the M100B’s were set up from the factory for 45’s. They hold 50 records to give you 100 selections. There is a lot of similarity to EM pinball machines, but there’s also a ton of moving mechanical components. Plus the tube amp and selection receiver take some effort to figure out (at least in my experience).

The rest of the Seeburgs from the 50’s should play 45’s, have 100 to 200 selections, and from the model C and up look pretty darn cool. I have no experience with Wurlitzer or AMI, so maybe someone else can chime in about those.

With mine, I wish I would have waited and spent more money on something that was less of a project, but I’m not giving up on it! It will play again some day.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

What is the best first jukebox for someone who:
-knows nothing about jukeboxes
-wants one from the 40's/50's that plays 45rpm records
-can fix EM pinball machines

Something with the name Rock-Ola......

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

[quoted image]

Waltlizard is my favorite Pokémon

#808 2 years ago

Gotemwill Unless a Wurlitzer 1900s or a
Rock-Ola 1468 happens to fall into your lap then Seeburg offers the best in terms of classic 1950’s style and availability.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

Gotemwill Unless a Wurlitzer 1900s or a
Rock-Ola 1468 happens to fall into your lap then Seeburg offers the best in terms of classic 1950’s style and availability.

I believe that Rock-Ola's from that Era are easier to repair for an EM pin person.

#810 2 years ago

MrBally You are probably right and Rock-Ola made some great machines.
My thinking is usually looks first (which is subjective) - and has screwed me on a few car purchases. But with age comes wisdom.
Also, I operated Seeburgs for years and so I am admittedly biased toward them.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

MrBally You are probably right and Rock-Ola made some great machines.
My thinking is usually looks first (which is subjective) - and has screwed me on a few car purchases. But with age comes wisdom.
Also, I operated Seeburgs for years and so I am admittedly biased toward them.

Nice! I love Seeburg jukes and the mech they used. Such engineering!

#812 2 years ago

I agree that the Seeburg Microlog systems [Gray box & Black box] were easy to repair if you know what you are doing and carried a Simpson 260 meter. The route operator I worked for had aboot 150 jukeboxes on the route.70% Seeburg Microlog, 20% Rock-Ola and 8% Rowe/AMI. 2% were 1 NSM, 1 Seeburg Disco 160 and 1 Seeburg Phoenix. Those had the infamous Red box.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I agree that the Seeburg Microlog systems [Gray box & Black box] were easy to repair if you know what you are doing and carried a Simpson 260 meter. The route operator I worked for had aboot 150 jukeboxes on the route.70% Seeburg Microlog, 20% Rock-Ola and 8% Rowe/AMI. 2% were 1 NSM, 1 Seeburg Disco 160 and 1 Seeburg Phoenix. Those had the infamous Red box.

Wish I had been around for when there were 150 jukes on a route!

#814 2 years ago

The Seeburg Microlog jukes were excellent machines. Not only did they perform well but in my opinion they had the best sound of any brand. I’m not an engineer but I think this had something to do with how seeburg placed transformers between the output transistors and the speaker taps. The amp could not be shorted. Well, it could but it would simply shut down until the short was removed and then the sound would resume. I loved that about Seeburg. Do that with just about any other amp and you have a blown amp. The real beauty of this design is in the sound. Seeburgs had a comparatively rich sound reminiscent of tube amps. I’m guessing that this is a result of the transformers in the circuit but they sure did sound good. Unfortunately, Seeburg removed the part numbers from most transistors and replaced them with a unique 6 digit Seeburg part number. When my dad left the local Seeburg distributor in the late ‘70’s he obtained a transistor cross reference list. If anyone needs it I could look for it. Most of the transistors in a ‘70’s era amp are of the 2N2222 variety which had a plastic body. Replace them with the 2N2222A with the metal body and the performance goes off the chart.

3 weeks later
#815 2 years ago

Does anyone here have a Rockola 1422, 1426 or 1428 jukebox?

Screenshot_20210828-142310_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210828-142310_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210828-142334_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210828-142334_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210828-142520_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210828-142520_Chrome (resized).jpg
#816 2 years ago

I have a 1428. My favorite juke. So pretty.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Does anyone here have a Rockola 1422, 1426 or 1428 jukebox?

It just so happens I have a 1428. I came here to see if anyone knows a good place to get replacement caps and resistors for the amplifier. The jukebox works fine but the sound could definitely be improved. I see a few sellers on e-bay have kits for the amp. I haven't bought caps and resistors since I was a kid at radio shack so I wouldn't know where to get them and even size them correctly vs the old ones. I would like to keep it looking original in the back so I assume I can just leave the old caps in and hide the new components underneath. Also does anyone know of good replacement led bulbs for the 7.5 amps ones in the front.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroDad65:

I came here to see if anyone knows a good place to get replacement caps and resistors for the amplifier.

I usually buy from Jameco or Mouser. With caps you want the same capacity. Voltage can be anything the same as or higher than original. When looking at the original caps you may have to do some conversion of scale between micro, mega, etc. to find what you need. Basically same rules apply as when replacing caps of anything else.

Sometimes a reputable seller on ebay is worth saving some of that time/effort. You may still need to get an odd cap or two (and/or have one or two left over) as often kits are assembled to support a series of amplifiers.

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I usually buy from Jameco or Mouser. With caps you want the same capacity. Voltage can be anything the same as or higher than original. When looking at the original caps you may have to do some conversion of scale between micro, mega, etc. to find what you need. Basically same rules apply as when replacing caps of anything else.
Sometimes a reputable seller on ebay is worth saving some of that time/effort. You may still need to get an odd cap or two (and/or have one or two left over) as often kits are assembled to support a series of amplifiers.

You may save a few $ buying individually but I just ordered a kit from Bill at Jukebox Friday Night. I think it was somewhere around $55. Make sure you mention which Rockola you have. The 1428 uses the P amp.

His email is [email protected]

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

You may save a few $ buying individually but I just ordered a kit from Bill at Jukebox Friday Night. I think it was somewhere around $55. Make sure you mention which Rockola you have. The 1428 uses the P amp.
His email is [email protected]

Thanks for the info.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Ok so I haven't been here this long Jameco, Mouser??

#822 2 years ago

Google them. They are electronic parts and other stuff.

#823 2 years ago

Just got an R-82. Not as cool as what most of you have but I was 9 years old when it came out so it's very familiar from my childhood. Seller threw in the lighted Schlitz sign as well as the weinhardts sign show in the picture of the juke. I've got distorted sound and everything looks like the cartridge and needle. New parts are inbound.

IMG_20210829_021229426_BURST003 (resized).jpgIMG_20210829_021229426_BURST003 (resized).jpgIMG_20210829_031043093 (resized).jpgIMG_20210829_031043093 (resized).jpg
#824 2 years ago

The R-82 is easy to work out, sounds great and super reliable. You did good!

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Just got an R-82. Not as cool as what most of you have but I was 9 years old when it came out so it's very familiar from my childhood. Seller threw in the lighted Schlitz sign as well as the weinhardts sign show in the picture of the juke. I've got distorted sound and everything looks like the cartridge and needle. New parts are inbound.

Bonus who doesn't love a Schlitz light.

20210901_074122 (resized).jpg20210901_074122 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#826 2 years ago

So I was at the new Rock-Ola factory & offices in Torrance the other day. The move took place four months ago and production is taking place. They are dealing with component supply issues but the line is running.

The Crystal Edition, which I want, sure looks nice....

The former plant two miles away has been sold and is being renovated into something else.

eirtu8uyt4gyrf89j (resized).PNGeirtu8uyt4gyrf89j (resized).PNGegjsduru956 (resized).PNGegjsduru956 (resized).PNGeo;krgjuefg9er (resized).PNGeo;krgjuefg9er (resized).PNGeab2461649496 (resized).jpgeab2461649496 (resized).jpg

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I have the exact same one. Got the amp serviced, and she sounds and works great.

#828 2 years ago

Added this 1971 usc2 seeburg bandshell to my gameroom this week......awesome gift from my friend goggleloy. Loaded it up with some of my wife and mine old 45's and a few other selected songs. Printed out new selection cards with a free program online and had them printed at staples office supply.

IMG_0521 (resized).jpgIMG_0521 (resized).jpgIMG_0518 (resized).jpgIMG_0518 (resized).jpgIMG_0519 (resized).jpgIMG_0519 (resized).jpg

IMG_0520 (resized).jpgIMG_0520 (resized).jpg
#829 2 years ago

Those 70s Seeburg are practically bulletproof and sound great.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

Added this 1971 usc2 seeburg bandshell to my gameroom this week......awesome gift from my friend goggleloy. Loaded it up with some of my wife and mine old 45's and a few other selected songs. Printed out new selection cards with a free program online and had them printed at staples office supply.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love the look of that unit.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I love the look of that unit.

Loved the cabinet design and the front glass assembly with the depth effect. Hated the side glass panels though....

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Loved the cabinet design and the front glass assembly with the depth effect. Hated the side glass panels though....

The USC1 came out a year earlier had a different color scheme.

5864EE8B-F640-48BA-BC31-2B0E458AF3E7 (resized).jpeg5864EE8B-F640-48BA-BC31-2B0E458AF3E7 (resized).jpeg
#833 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Those 70s Seeburg are practically bulletproof and sound great.

Are they still tube amps?

#834 2 years ago

No. Seeburg's last year using tubes in the amp was 1962 with the DS100/DS160 (Also the last year for a visible record mechanism)

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Are they still tube amps?

The Tormat Control Center (that controlled the Tormat Memory module) Used with LPC-1's, Fleetwood/Discotheque used tubes while, as Redfive05 stated above, the amplifiers went Solid-State. Once the Olympian (SPS-160) & Matadors (SPS2) were released in the early '70's, The Microlog system was included that controlled the same, basic Tormat memory unit. The large, tube-type Tormat Control Center was replaced with the Grey Box. At that point, Seeburg jukeboxes were fully Solid-State.

#836 2 years ago

Looking to get a wall cd jukebox….working

Any suggestions of sellers to contact to explore this?

Like to put one in my garage

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Looking to get a wall cd jukebox….working
Any suggestions of sellers to contact to explore this?
Like to put one in my garage

Keep in mind most if not all wall hangers don't have speakers. I have an NSM Emerald Ice and love it.

#838 2 years ago

This isn’t exactly a jukebox, but close enough?

These are the front and back of an original shipping crate for an Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph which were produced from the teens through the 1920s. These were built different than any other record player of the day and as a result could only play Edison Diamond Disc records. Interesting reading here: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/resources/detail/432

I picked these up recently at a local auction where there wasn’t too much interest in them. Someone a long time ago thought enough to save them and store them somewhere dry. Pretty amazing for that time period. Maybe they had other plans for them?

In any case they make quite the statement and that’s saying a lot in a room full of pinball machines!

3626C573-6334-4F34-ACC2-64D4A0905EE6 (resized).jpeg3626C573-6334-4F34-ACC2-64D4A0905EE6 (resized).jpeg555EAE41-86C6-4C20-A654-F0DDC3DFED2E (resized).jpeg555EAE41-86C6-4C20-A654-F0DDC3DFED2E (resized).jpeg
#839 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I remember the first time I saw an ELO album in a Record Store,I immediately said to myself: That's a Wurlitzer external speaker. I already had a copy of McKewin's (sp?) Juke Box book where I saw a picture of one. Never saw one in person until the "new" Rock-Ola company started making them and had one on display at a trade show.
On location, I only saw a few of Seeburg's rather dull looking "official" external speakers back in the '70's.

Quoted from Gotemwill:

This isn’t exactly a jukebox, but close enough?
These are the front and back of an original shipping crate for an Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph which were produced from the teens through the 1920s. These were built different than any other record player of the day and as a result could only play Edison Diamond Disc records. Interesting reading here: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/resources/detail/432
I picked these up recently at a local auction where there wasn’t too much interest in them. Someone a long time ago thought enough to save them and store them somewhere dry. Pretty amazing for that time period. Maybe they had other plans for them?
In any case they make quite the statement and that’s saying a lot in a room full of pinball machines![quoted image][quoted image]

Those are neat….now you need one of the players. Amazing those survived. Not likely many of those exist. To a collector of signs/old advertising those would be desirable I am sure.

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Tormat Control Center (that controlled the Tormat Memory module) Used with LPC-1's, Fleetwood/Discotheque used tubes while, as Redfive05 stated above, the amplifiers went Solid-State. Once the Olympian (SPS-160) & Matadors (SPS2) were released in the early '70's, The Microlog system was included that controlled the same, basic Tormat memory unit. The large, tube-type Tormat Control Center was replaced with the Grey Box. At that point, Seeburg jukeboxes were fully Solid-State.

Yes! I totally forgot about the Control Centers still using tubes.... If memory serves me right wasn't that so you could still use the existing wallboxes with these newer machines? That way if an operator wanted to upgrade a Juke on location that was hooked up to 20 remote wallboxes they would only need to replace the juke and not the entire set up?

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Yes! I totally forgot about the Control Centers still using tubes.... If memory serves me right wasn't that so you could still use the existing wallboxes with these newer machines? That way if an operator wanted to upgrade a Juke on location that was hooked up to 20 remote wallboxes they would only need to replace the juke and not the entire set up?

That makes sense, once I started working for an Operator in '79, all wall boxes on the Route were microlog. We had a pile of the old electro-mechanical ones in the storage area (that you could substitute with a Rotary telephone for free play testing) that I remember filling up a dumpster with.

Once the New Microlog system came out, you had to replace the wallbox as each had a "Black Box" for pricing.

#842 2 years ago

Looking for an AMI Continental 2! Let me know if you can help. I have a Seeburg VL200 in beautiful original condition I’d be willing to trade.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Looking for an AMI Continental 2! Let me know if you can help. I have a Seeburg VL200 in beautiful original condition I’d be willing to trade.

Good luck finding one! I have a Continental 2 I am going to be restoring soon. Wish I could help as Continental’s have become hard to find. Nice restored ones are going for big money. Project ones that are complete are becoming harder to find.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Good luck finding one! I have a Continental 2 I am going to be restoring soon. Wish I could help as Continental’s have become hard to find. Nice restored ones are going for big money. Project ones that are complete are becoming harder to find.

Thanks! That’s why I’m offering up a VL200. The location I want to move my jukebox to is tight. A slim Continental 2 would fit a lot easier. I’d prefer not cutting a hole in the wall to get the VL200 in if I can

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

I’ve been kicking around the idea of letting my AMI Continental 1 go and York is next week!

#846 2 years ago

Still looking for a 1015 repro that plays 45's.

HUO would be nice.

#847 2 years ago

I've been collecting and restoring Jukes since 1993 and I agree that pinballs and jukes go hand in hand.. Currently I have a Wurlitzer 500, a Seeburg M100A, a Rockola 1422 and a Rockola 1434.. for the game room to save space I opted for a Seeburg Q100 Hideaway with a 3W100 Wallbox. The Hideaway has the later DS amp in it (the Q amp is awful in my opinion and a PIA to rebuild).. The room is speakered with a pair of Bose 301's (not my first choice by wall space is a factor), these are fed by the 70V output. I also have a Dual Voice Coil speaker in a subwoofer box with a simple crossover to eliminate the HF. IT sounds great.

20101124164502 (resized).jpg20101124164502 (resized).jpgPat's Phone 469 (resized).jpgPat's Phone 469 (resized).jpg
#848 2 years ago

Is the Rockola 1434 for sale?

1 week later
#849 2 years ago

not a "real" jukebox, but a homemade one.

https://myprojectsandcreations.blogspot.com/2021/10/jukebox-mini-neverending-project-i.html

IMG_20211014_082000 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_082000 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_082305 (resized).jpgIMG_20211014_082305 (resized).jpg
#850 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

not a "real" jukebox, but a homemade one.

Nice! I have no skills.

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.