You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.
#651 3 years ago

Upvoted for the Black Crowes concert poster and ticket stub!

Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I've been hesitant to share my membership in the jukebox club because I haven't seen more than one or two digital music examples.
But here goes, this was a 20th anniversary gift to my wife and I this year from my dad. We love it, and with over 1000 albums ripped lossless so far, we are only half capacity. It's bright and colorful in person and sounds great too!
[quoted image]

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

And the Dixie Dregs poster puts it over the top, nice machine!

Thanks for the welcoming words folks, and Kevin I think the Dregs poster turned out great too!

Quick cool touchscreen fact, since it’s basically a PC running the media server, it leverages the screen saver. You can point to a storage location to scroll through pics while playing music. I have queued up all the live shows we’ve seen, but you could easily theme pics to a party or gathering.

Finally, I’ve always thought Jukes were mechanical art where the media mech is the highlight. In this case the light show is the mechanical art, and while not every motor or gear is shown, enough are to appreciate them since nothing else moves. ;-0

Finally, finally, the clear plastic molding strikes me as easy to scratch if subjected to high traffic, young kids or aggressive cleaning. Oh, and the Peavey amps go to 11 pretty well too!

#653 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I have a rock ola 477 max which was working fine till now.
It's now doing a loud "hum" sound as soon as it is switched on.
Wether the relay is on or off does not affect it.

Any idea of what I should check?

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
I have a rock ola 477 max which was working fine till now.
It's now doing a loud "hum" sound as soon as it is switched on.
Wether the relay is on or off does not affect it.
Any idea of what I should check?

Dang, right before Christmas too! Just a guess that the amp requires a rebuild. Capacitors only have a rated life of about 10-12 years but normally last much longer. The ones in the amp are probably original still.

1 week later
#655 3 years ago

New owner of a Wurlitzer 2600! She's a beaut, but needs some love. Anyone know any Cincinnati area repair people? Thanks!

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

New owner of a Wurlitzer 2600! She's a beaut, but needs some love. Anyone know any Cincinnati area repair people? Thanks!

Photos!

#657 3 years ago

What issues are you having?

#658 3 years ago

I’m thinking of purchasing a Seeburg 220/222 or a Ds160. Anyone know of a person in Northwest Ohio that would be able to service the major issues?

#659 3 years ago

Just added a NSM Emerald Ice wall hanger. Playing through the speakers of my Seeburg Entertainer(that’s been converted to MP3).

Sounds crappy. The amp probably could use a cap job. I’d rather just tap into the pre-amp output and run an external amp(the amp I have already in the Entertainer - sounds awesome).

2342579F-1F58-4FFC-95C8-789859C79FA7 (resized).jpeg2342579F-1F58-4FFC-95C8-789859C79FA7 (resized).jpeg
#660 3 years ago

I'm still working on one of my game-room additions. I've decided that this is where the 2 jukeboxes will go as well as the external speakers for the jukeboxes. I plan on having 8 pinball machines on the wall to the right. It's going to be a bit crowded...LOL

DSC_5646 (resized).JPGDSC_5646 (resized).JPG
#661 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just added a NSM Emerald Ice wall hanger. Playing through the speakers of my Seeburg Entertainer(that’s been converted to MP3).
Sounds crappy. The amp probably could use a cap job. I’d rather just tap into the pre-amp output and run an external amp(the amp I have already in the Entertainer - sounds awesome).
[quoted image]

I just replaced the vertical bulbs in my Emerald Ice last weekend. I'm an EM guy by nature but love this little jukebox. It's a great way to utilize that old CD collection sitting in boxes.

EmeraldIce (resized).JPGEmeraldIce (resized).JPG
#662 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I just replaced the vertical bulbs in my Emerald Ice last weekend. I'm an EM guy by nature but love this little jukebox. It's a great way to utilize that old CD collection sitting in boxes.
[quoted image]

That’s what I like too. My gf has hundreds of CDs and no real CD player(other than xbox) so the Emerald is perfect.

#663 3 years ago

Here’s a 1700 I picked up.

E577C824-8F31-418E-9C3A-6CC046A6471B (resized).jpegE577C824-8F31-418E-9C3A-6CC046A6471B (resized).jpeg

#664 3 years ago

Hey guys I’m looking to join the club, I’ve always wanted a nice jukebox preferably from the 50s-60s but I know absolutely nothing about them. I’ve always liked the looks of the Seeburgs/Wurlitzers from that era... are there any specific models anyone would recommend for playability/serviceability for someone like me who hasn’t worked on one before? If there is anyone in the NC/SC region that has anything they would like to sell please let me know thanks.

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Hey guys I’m looking to join the club

I'm partial to the Wurlitzer era that included the 1700 to 2200 models. These played 45s, and showed the full selection of records in the window. I personally have a 1900 model (circa 1956 - see below). To me, anything that shows as much of the mechanism as possible are more intriguing. The W models from 2300 to 3000 still showed the record playing, but hid the mechanism beneath the title holders.

I'm sure somebody can chime in on Seeburgs, etc. Good luck.
012 (2) (resized).JPG012 (2) (resized).JPG

#666 3 years ago

Ok I need some experts, I’ve found a Seeburg v200..which I think looks beautiful. What should I look out for if I go check it out and what is an appropriate price range. It looks to be in great shape.

#667 3 years ago

Wow what a great thread! I saw last post was 666 so was going to comment on that not even seeing the topic . Then got excited to see there is a club for this! I have a 100 cd play Rockola that is around 25 years old that has some issues like flickering light and it will stop playing periodically in the middle of songs. Had a great guy on here come by and figure a different issue was a battery and it was but this seems like more. Does anyone know someone in Detroit Suburbs Michigan that works on these? Thank you!

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Ok I need some experts, I’ve found a Seeburg v200..which I think looks beautiful. What should I look out for if I go check it out and what is an appropriate price range. It looks to be in great shape.

It's a very nice box, visible mechanism and holds 100 records. I have one of the Wurlitzer comparable models (2150 the 2100 being the fancy version) with the visible mechanism and 100 record capacity. The Seeburg and the Wurlitzer 2100 tend to be highly desireable and, therefore, very pricey. I'm not that familiar with the Seeburg's abd there is somewhat of a Ford/Chevy kinda thing between the two brands. If you cut through that, it seems like the Wurlitzers are over-engineered (built like tanks, not to say the Seeburgs are fragile) while the Seeburgs sound is better (again, not to say the Wurlitzer is poor). Your best bet is to get on the Phonoland.com facebook page. There are several Seeburg experts on there that can tell you specifically what to look for.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

It's a very nice box, visible mechanism and holds 100 records. I have one of the Wurlitzer comparable models (2150 the 2100 being the fancy version) with the visible mechanism and 100 record capacity. The Seeburg and the Wurlitzer 2100 tend to be highly desireable and, therefore, very pricey. I'm not that familiar with the Seeburg's abd there is somewhat of a Ford/Chevy kinda thing between the two brands. If you cut through that, it seems like the Wurlitzers are over-engineered (built like tanks, not to say the Seeburgs are fragile) while the Seeburgs sound is better (again, not to say the Wurlitzer is poor). Your best bet is to get on the Phonoland.com facebook page. There are several Seeburg experts on there that can tell you specifically what to look for.

Thanks man I’ve actually had someone reach out to me to help me out on what to look for etc. great community here...I think I’ll be joining the club within the week! I’ll post some pics shortly after.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I have both Seeburgs and Wurlitzers from the era. IMHO, the Seeburgs are a bit better sounding and more reliable. But, like Oldgoat said, its a kinda a Chevy vs Ford thing!

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Wow what a great thread! I saw last post was 666 so was going to comment on that not even seeing the topic . Then got excited to see there is a club for this! I have a 100 cd play Rockola that is around 25 years old that has some issues like flickering light and it will stop playing periodically in the middle of songs. Had a great guy on here come by and figure a different issue was a battery and it was but this seems like more. Does anyone know someone in Detroit Suburbs Michigan that works on these? Thank you!

Give Pascaretti Enterprises Inc. a call. They have a couple of good Jukebox techs. www.pascarettienterprises.com

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Give Pascaretti Enterprises Inc. a call. They have a couple of good Jukebox techs. www.pascarettienterprises.com

Thank you VERY much!!!!

#673 3 years ago

I got my Rowe Storm up and I’m loving it! Thanks for all the help through the purchase process.

I’ve connected it to the Sonos system in my house. Here’s some more details in case anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-sonos-to-jukebox-pics-inside#post-6077584

31F3C355-2F5D-4A2B-B18F-3D721A7C0B7B (resized).jpeg31F3C355-2F5D-4A2B-B18F-3D721A7C0B7B (resized).jpeg
#674 3 years ago
Quoted from jpinb:

What issues are you having?

Here's our baby.

A few things going on where I've gone through the manual and done the adjustments I can with what I have, but to no avail:
1. On some selections, the record starts a few seconds in, some start at the beginning perfectly, and others the arm skates through the record without playing any of it and the record is returned
2. When the record returns on the right, it gets trapped halfway back into the slot. This is starting to happen on records returning to the left
3. Newer issue is the record won't sit to play, floating between the clamp and turntable

Any ideas or Cincinnati area folks with some know-how able to help?

7899F588-5401-4B01-91E4-05120061AE8C (resized).jpeg7899F588-5401-4B01-91E4-05120061AE8C (resized).jpeg
#675 3 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Here's our baby.
A few things going on where I've gone through the manual and done the adjustments I can with what I have, but to no avail:
1. On some selections, the record starts a few seconds in, some start at the beginning perfectly, and others the arm skates through the record without playing any of it and the record is returned
2. When the record returns on the right, it gets trapped halfway back into the slot. This is starting to happen on records returning to the left
3. Newer issue is the record won't sit to play, floating between the clamp and turntable
Any ideas or Cincinnati area folks with some know-how able to help?
[quoted image]

I suspect there may be a couple of things at play here. One of the most painful aspects of these is that everything is interconnected meaning you adjust one thing and something else messes up, so you try to adjust that and something else messes up. It can be very frustrating. My GUESS and the starting point for me would be the overrun adjustment. As you know, the selector hits a pin and then reverses slightly. If it reverses too little or too much, the record may not be served correctly or even at all and that can cause it to not clamp properly (issue #3) as well as not returning properly (issue #2). This can cause several other issues with how the record is playing. Also note that differences in the right and left side could be the result of the mechanism not be leveled properly. Anyhow, I'd start with the overrun adjustments.

#676 3 years ago

Nothing else like the old Wurl-O-Matic mechanism....

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I suspect there may be a couple of things at play here. One of the most painful aspects of these is that everything is interconnected meaning you adjust one thing and something else messes up, so you try to adjust that and something else messes up. It can be very frustrating. My GUESS and the starting point for me would be the overrun adjustment. As you know, the selector hits a pin and then reverses slightly. If it reverses too little or too much, the record may not be served correctly or even at all and that can cause it to not clamp properly (issue #3) as well as not returning properly (issue #2). This can cause several other issues with how the record is playing. Also note that differences in the right and left side could be the result of the mechanism not be leveled properly. Anyhow, I'd start with the overrun adjustments.

Would this be a back stop pawl adjustment? I'm going in and provide an update that hopefully doesn't involve me breaking it

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Would this be a back stop pawl adjustment? I'm going in and provide an update that hopefully doesn't involve me breaking it

I have a 2150, so the nomenclature and adjustments might be a bit different. Per the attached, it looks to be screws 1 and 9. If you manually trigger one of the selector pins to raise it, then manually move the selector crank arm, when the pin on the arm hits the raised pin, you will notice the crank stops but the arm continues moving forward. After a very short distance, the arm will trigger a switch. This reverses the motor so the arm backs up some, the other screw determines how far it reverses before stopping. The 1 and 9 screws are used to set how far it reverses.

PXL_20210117_233938760 (resized).jpgPXL_20210117_233938760 (resized).jpg
#679 3 years ago

After various fits and starts since I dragged its nicotine-dyed carcass home 3 years ago, I finally got my Rock-ola 440 working essentially as intended! The carousel operates, the selector finally works*, the amp finally works on all channels in balance with no garbage, and the lights work! So it's more or less ready to start "dressing up" a bit.

(* Except, when I select U8 or V8, the whole playback mech just... quits after the record is placed on the turntable. I have to hold the operation switch in "SCAN" to get it to clear out, then everything works again. So why would that happen on just U8/V8?)

Seems Rock-Ola's aren't as loved as the other brands, but those are commensurately pricey... whereas for a few hundred bucks I got a 160-selector that looks schizophrenically weird but retro cool, and sounds good enough for my random 45 collection:

20210121_195121 (resized).jpg20210121_195121 (resized).jpg

20210121_195150 (resized).jpg20210121_195150 (resized).jpg

The front glass translite was shot, and since it's unlikely I'll find a replacement I cut the center part out to reveal the mechanism. Which my kids agree is way more interesting I'll probably create a baffle for the fluorescent tube to reduce glare. I also centered that tube properly: for some reason these were originally mounted such that only "_OCK-OLA" would light!

I custom painted the photo/art disc panel (was originally black... felt?) and the "Stereo" badge. There are optional color wheels behind the discs that will turn to make them change "psychedelic" colors once I get a motor reliably mounted - the effect looks really cool when simulated manually. I'm going to hide an LED strip around the inside of the lower grille frame for a similar color-change effect there (the reflective textured grille behind the "Connect Four grid" seems ideal for it).

But anyway, my main concern now is how grungy the title strip holders are, I think more from heat discoloration than nicotine. The clean white ones on the ends are previously replacements from old/junked units. But I can't seem to find new replacements *anywhere*, which is hard to believe. Anyone have a source on these? Has anyone tried "retrobrite" methods on these? They are *incredibly brittle* which is why I suspect the yellowing is from heat, and I'm afraid to push my luck trying to clean them.

#680 3 years ago

There are several word programs out there that mimic the title strips. I downloaded a template, type in my songs, and then print on heavy stock white paper. I cut them to size with my wife's fabric cutter and guide. I'll plead ignorance if she finds out

I think they look good, and it allows the flexibility to rotate your catalog.

#681 3 years ago

I think I used a similar program demo (as well as scanning some blanks and then editing / printing my own using Corel) to create strips to match the records I have. It's kinda fun to make strips and then come up with an assortment group - or at least easier using strips than the records themselves.

So my problem isn't with the strips, but with the plastic trays that hold them. The original trays in my juke are pretty grungy. Even if I sprayed them white to look nice from the top, they'd still be yellowed-opaque when backlit. I'd like to find better replacements now that the machine functions well enough to deserve them

#682 3 years ago

I use this site for title strips.

https://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/titlestrips.html

#683 3 years ago

For your title holders - I have not tried this, but there are several threads where people have put yellowed plastics into hydrogen peroxide and then set them in the sun. It supposedly removes the yellowing. Would that work for your title holders? Has anybody tried this?

#684 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Just got a Seeburg USC-1 which has one issue; haven't tested all selections but I found something weird which can probably be easily solved:
When selecting 137, it picks up 130, everytime.
When selecting 130, it does pick up 130.

Every other selection I tested so far (not all) seem ok.

Additional question:
What refs are the small bulbs that light the keys? They are quite specific.

#685 3 years ago

Looking for a jukebox repair person in S.E. Michigan - 1959 Seeburg

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Just got a Seeburg SC-1 which has one issue; haven't tested all selections but I found something weird which can probably be easily solved:
When selecting 137, it picks up 130, everytime.
When selecting 130, it does pick up 130.
Every other selection I tested so far (not all) seem ok.
Additional question:
What refs are the small bulbs that light the keys? They are quite specific.

Ok, that issue is solved. Onto the next one

all 1** selections are ok, but any selection from the other face (2**) is not working.

Any idea?

#687 3 years ago

I have a quick question for the Jukebox Fellas. I have this 1952 Seeburg. The push button
numbers and letters don't activate the records. I had a couple different guys look at it (one
that once work for Seeburg), and it would work okay for a couple days, then slowing go
back to down hill where eventually no selections were able to be played. The last guy made
it worse so that the first button pushed in didn't remain in on its own. I had to hold it in while
I pushed the 2nd button..
Can a entire push button mech be purchased, or the original should totally be gone through?
I'm good with all EM machines, but not so familiar with Jukeboxes. Any suggestion would be
appreciated.. Thanks.
btw: I'm in Upstate N.Y. (Newark) if anyone happens to be close by.. Tim

IMG_1363 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPG
#688 3 years ago

Hey Tim, my M100A has this solenoid that energizes when credit is added, allowing the buttons to work. I replaced the rubber grommets on mine and cleaned up the mechanicals a bit. Maybe your C is similar?

93DCB85E-E8DC-43D7-A058-E5F457107468 (resized).jpeg93DCB85E-E8DC-43D7-A058-E5F457107468 (resized).jpeg9F610889-F087-4451-BFA9-3F70CBD7A584 (resized).jpeg9F610889-F087-4451-BFA9-3F70CBD7A584 (resized).jpeg
#689 3 years ago

Got the LED strip mounted in the bottom grille frame. The effect is even better than I thought it would be! (GIF loop cuts out before other colors like red, green, yellow, etc cycle in... but you get the idea)

20210123_171640_1.gif20210123_171640_1.gif
#690 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Hey Tim, my M100A has this solenoid that energizes when credit is added, allowing the buttons to work. I replaced the rubber grommets on mine and cleaned up the mechanicals a bit. Maybe your C is similar?

Hi Jason, I might have to look into that.
My C has a blue added aliment
that made it work for free play, and worked good for
a while and then had problems with the selector buttons
not activated and pulling those pins. The last guy that worked
on it made it so the buttons would not stay pushed in. He made
it that way because he was afraid if he hadn't, things could burn
out. I wasn't all that happy, but it did work, but that lasted only
a couple three days. It's now parked in a corner. I'll be looking
into it a little deeper. Thanks for the suggestion. (T)

#691 3 years ago

Anyone know what a Rowe CD100C goes for?

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

The last guy that worked
on it. (T)

That’s going to be a tough one to figure out unless we know what the last guy did. I would imagine that he modified the wired selection receiver to take that solenoid out of use. Replacing the push button unit or having it gone through may not resolve the issue.

Could you post some pics of the WSR or the back of the push bottom unit?

I haven’t ordered any parts for my Seeburg yet, but Victory Glass states that they sell used parts. If you do need something, they may be able to help.

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Could you post some pics of the WSR or the back of the push bottom unit?

Presently the juke is kinda hidden in a tight corner, but I'll see about getting
the information on what he had done to make the letters/numbers not to
remain in on their own. I'll be posting back. Thanks..

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Ok, that issue is solved. Onto the next one
all 1** selections are ok, but any selection from the other face (2**) is not working.
Any idea?

Found the culprit; broken leaf on an assembly.

Now looking fot his, is anyone has one for sale !
10-252635 contact lever assembly

Many thanks in advance!

#695 3 years ago

Ok so my deal fell through so I’m still looking for a nice original 50s era jukebox. I’m fairly open to most models but if you have something for sale in the south East let me know!

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have both Seeburgs and Wurlitzers from the era. IMHO, the Seeburgs are a bit better sounding and more reliable. But, like oldgoat said, its a kinda a Chevy vs Ford thing!

Please post a few pics of your jukeboxes. Sounds like you have a awesome collection.

1 week later
#697 3 years ago

Still trying to find a source for "white" (not yellowed) title strip holders. Man... they just don't exist. Seems like the few jukes that used the same design after the RO 440, all suffered the same issue. Whereas a few earlier models are "similar" and possibly might be made to work... but I can't get the sellers who have these listed in good shape to follow up, even to sell outright. Argh.

I did try to Retrobrite my yellowed panels under intense UV with peroxide paste and other solutions, but it only knocked a few shades down, and won't go any further.

So if anyone has some RockOla-style flat, 8-title strip holders without the printed index on the top, let me know? Compatible-identical models include the 436/437/440/442/464/468. Other models that *might* work are the 425/426/433.

~~~~

Meanwhile, I've been tinkering some more. I replaced the blown-out (and impossible to find) original translite with some stained-glass overlay and diffusing sheet I had leftover from another project. And added illumination to the selector-panel buttons. I also ordered a different motor that might work better (higher RPM) for the animation discs, that will really it off by animating the top to go with the color-changing door below...

20210210_211218 (resized).jpg20210210_211218 (resized).jpg

Just need those title holders to properly brighten this thing up!

#698 3 years ago

Looking for a Rock-Ola 1434 Super Rocket jukebox. Working or project will do.

24137D94-A532-46D9-A6BA-3A5AA6D7ACA6 (resized).jpeg24137D94-A532-46D9-A6BA-3A5AA6D7ACA6 (resized).jpeg
#700 3 years ago

My new baby, going to be fun getting it cleaned up and running.

D98942D6-BD2D-49A8-84D6-D86BE47D26B0 (resized).jpegD98942D6-BD2D-49A8-84D6-D86BE47D26B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors/page/14?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.