You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4738 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
67607909448__354612D0-9B0C-446B-9AC8-8AE28C40F83A (resized).jpeg
67485612688__9554FB84-5237-4520-9D80-726916715A85 (resized).jpeg
rs=w_364,cg_true (resized).jpeg
GettyImages-93765997-The-Happy-Days-Cast-Where-Are-They-Today-Jukebox-1024x694.jpg.pro-cmg (resized).jpg
7920725520_799865bb6e_b (resized).jpg
e1a5a17b878577712d8880df942dbb50 (resized).jpg
jukebox1 (resized).jpg
jukbox3 (resized).jpg
jukebox2 (resized).jpg
vending8 (resized).jpg
1jukeboxtrim (resized).png
74-web-or-mls-2098-willow-brook-circle (resized).jpeg
IMG_5494[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I plan to be picking up a Rowe CD wall-mount juke this week. I'll make sure it has the CD Pro drive in it and has the wall bracket.
What else should I be looking for on inspection? What's the "jukebox checklist"?
Thanks!

Power it up, cycle through all of the cd pages (left and right), play a cd and adjust the volume knob (on the bottom of the box) up and down to see if there are dead spots (not the end of the world). Que up 3 songs and test the skip song button (on the bottom between the power and the volume) If it has a bill acceptor you can test that. Other than that expect it will probably smell like cigarette smoke and may have some bulbs out but those are easy things to deal with.

Oh and keys, there will be a key for the main door and a key for the cashbox (on the side). Both are easy to drill out but it's easier if they have the keys already.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Not sure if this is the best option? But it's an option.
ebay.com link » Repair Service Philips Cdm3 Repair Jukebox Juke Box Player Cd Rowe Rockola

Saw that and will contact them. Thank you

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Not sure if this is the best option? But it's an option.
ebay.com link » Repair Service Philips Cdm3 Repair Jukebox Juke Box Player Cd Rowe Rockola

That guy is a total Joke.

Steer clear of him...total rip-off

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

This guy uses used parts to do his repairs. He knows nothing at all about board level repair.

Just an FYI....cdm3 repair parts are no longer available, and they won't be coming back. I have this info from a very reliable source. Your best bet, if possible, is to upgrade to a cdpro player.

#555 3 years ago

picked this up the other day

9CC694AF-FADA-493D-BBBB-7D272F0CA629 (resized).jpeg9CC694AF-FADA-493D-BBBB-7D272F0CA629 (resized).jpeg
#556 3 years ago

As someone who admires jukeboxes but knows very little about the market (and also where to get them), what are my chances in pinball terms of landing a nicely restored Wurlitzer 850 some day?

1. Cactus Canyon - Expensive but go up for sale somewhat frequently
2. Big Lebowski/JJPotC - Very expensive but obtainable as long as you're active and quick in your hunt
3. Big Bang Bar - Very expensive and you'll need to get extremely lucky in terms of knowing someone or stumbling on the ad first

Or do these analogies not work at all?

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

[quoted image]

Very sweet.....

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This guy uses used parts to do his repairs. He knows nothing at all about board level repair.
Just an FYI....cdm3 repair parts are no longer available, and they won't be coming back. I have this info from a very reliable source. Your best bet, if possible, is to upgrade to a cdpro player.

Ok thanks!

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

As someone who admires jukeboxes but knows very little about the market (and also where to get them), what are my chances in pinball terms of landing a Wurlitzer 850 some day?
1. Cactus Canyon - Expensive but go up for sale somewhat frequently
2. Big Lebowski/JJPotC - Very expensive but obtainable as long as you're active and quick in your hunt
3. Big Bang Bar - Very expensive and you'll need to get extremely lucky in terms of knowing someone or stumbling on the ad first
Or do these analogies not work at all?

Your best bet is to have friends that are techs. They encounter lots of jukeboxes that they get house calls to repair. Usually it is the child of a deceased person trying to figure out what to do with dad’s old jukebox that doesn’t work. The age group that bought these machines off route back in the 1960’s are starting to pass away.

The 24 play mechanism on the 850’s, 1015’s, etc are not often simple fixes. Most techs won’t touch them. They usually require a complete teardown and bushing of the rear frame. The issue is that the mechanism has steel shafts that ride in holes in the zinc frame. The frame holes wear to an egg shape and make adjustments impossible. The mechanisms then jam.

When they realize the cost of repair, they usually sell for a very reasonable price.

#560 3 years ago

Thanks! Its an original 1947 1015. Bought it from an estate and had to bush the mech frame to get it going again. It has a wurlitzer factory 45 conversion kit that was installed in 1962, according to the receipts it came with.

#561 3 years ago

This topic sure lit up today. Nice to see some action here!

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Power it up, cycle through all of the cd pages (left and right), play a cd and adjust the volume knob (on the bottom of the box) up and down to see if there are dead spots (not the end of the world). Que up 3 songs and test the skip song button (on the bottom between the power and the volume) If it has a bill acceptor you can test that. Other than that expect it will probably smell like cigarette smoke and may have some bulbs out but those are easy things to deal with.

Oh and keys, there will be a key for the main door and a key for the cashbox (on the side). Both are easy to drill out but it's easier if they have the keys already.

Hugely helpful. Thank you!

If I don't get the keys, or the locks have already been drilled out, is it easy for me to replace with my own lock and key?

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

[quoted image]

Guys , what should I be looking to pay for these beauties...seriously I have NO CLUE.
I would like something that plays 45s, but If that is way off the chart , please tell me .
Something that just works and looks cool.
Thanks guys

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Guys , what should I be looking to pay for these beauties...seriously I have NO CLUE.
I would like something that plays 45s, but If that is way off the chart , please tell me .
Thanks guys

Depends what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. The classic 1015 is 5K range in nice working/restored condition and there lots of restored ones so they are easy to find. If you are on a budget Then late 60’s to 80’s boxes can be had in various conditions for a couple hundred and sometimes even free. No real collector value in most of those boxes. Look at pictures of Jukes and see what you like. Set your budget and know what you are looking for. Projects of desirable Seeburgs, AMI, Wurlitzer, and Rock-Ola from the 50’s and early 60’s are getting hard to find. Certain models have increased in value and nicely restored can be 10K or more.Others of that era are just so common they can be found in nice condition for 2-5K. It really depends how much you have to spend and what box you are looking for. If you figure out what box you looking for I am sure one of here can give you a better price range.

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks guys

This might be helpfuL

http://www.alwaysjukin.com/items/price-guides/colorguide-detail.htm

It has pictures of just about every jukebox made, chronologically by manufacturer. It also has a priceguide based on condition.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Hugely helpful. Thank you!
If I don't get the keys, or the locks have already been drilled out, is it easy for me to replace with my own lock and key?

Yes, the locks are easily replaceable.

#567 3 years ago

Wow, I forgot this topic existed, but it's kinda timely. A quick questions for the experts here since I'm a juke noob:

1) I have a client who owns a beautiful 1961 AMI Lyric (XJGA-100) with some issues. Are there Service manuals available for this? I couldn't find any other than "user manual". Also, she lost the key... I know the lock can be drilled & replaced but she'd like to keep it original if possible. Are there any key sources around locally (as opposed to the one I found in Germany that wants $60+ +shipping per key)?

2) I have a RockOla 440 - not the prettiest thing but weird enough for my taste. The guy at JukeBoxFridayNight put together a cap kit for me and I've redone that, but still don't have proper stereo. Anybody have any ideas what to check next? I understand these amps are not exactly revered. Also, the motors for the animation feature are all but impossible to find... anybody ever come up with something there? I could probably install modern LED chase lights for the same effect but would like to keep the original design.

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Wow, I forgot this topic existed, but it's kinda timely. A quick questions for the experts here since I'm a juke noob:
1) I have a client who owns a beautiful 1961 AMI Lyric (XJGA-100) with some issues. Are there Service manuals available for this? I couldn't find any other than "user manual". Also, she lost the key... I know the lock can be drilled & replaced but she'd like to keep it original if possible. Are there any key sources around locally (as opposed to the one I found in Germany that wants $60+ +shipping per key)?
2) I have a RockOla 440 - not the prettiest thing but weird enough for my taste. The guy at JukeBoxFridayNight put together a cap kit for me and I've redone that, but still don't have proper stereo. Anybody have any ideas what to check next? I understand these amps are not exactly revered. Also, the motors for the animation feature are all but impossible to find... anybody ever come up with something there? I could probably install modern LED chase lights for the same effect but would like to keep the original design.

For the Lyric I would try Victory Glass. Here's what it says on their site
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png

I would call Victory Glass and ask for a cabinet key. That should be obtainable.

#569 3 years ago

Victory should also have the manuals if you need them.

#570 3 years ago

I picked this up yesterday.

Dsc_5316_1 (resized).jpgDsc_5316_1 (resized).jpg
#571 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

If you've got the spec for the voltage and RPM of the motor, try poking around on eBay. There are a lot of sellers out of China selling electric motors in a bunch of different configurations very cheaply, even if you have to buy a few different ones and experiment it's still probably cheaper than tracking down and original.

#572 3 years ago

This about as clean as it gets when buying a used jukebox. All of the original, unopened, documentation is there, including the original receipt.

DSC_5319 (resized).JPGDSC_5319 (resized).JPGDsc_5320_1 (resized).jpgDsc_5320_1 (resized).jpgDsc_5322_1 (resized).jpgDsc_5322_1 (resized).jpg

#573 3 years ago

How much did you pay ?

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

How much did you pay ?

Let's just say I got a really good deal on it.

#575 3 years ago

I've had this one for quite a while (2006). Love the styling on this NSM

#576 3 years ago

Thanks to all the great help here, I am the proud owner of a rowe storm wallphono cd juke.

I have connected the juke to my Sonos system by using the rca outs in the pic below (based on the label, it is the volume normalizer).

Two questions:

1) is this the right place to do this?
2) since I’m essentially bypassing the amp, can/should I disconnect that somehow?

FEB11409-0DCF-49A5-9EB6-D90752636693 (resized).jpegFEB11409-0DCF-49A5-9EB6-D90752636693 (resized).jpeg
#577 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I've had this one for quite a while (2006). Love the styling on this NSM

Always thought the NSM jukes were cool. That's my favorite model!

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Found a couple non working cdm -12 players non working. These should be repairable, but this still leaves me questioning how to mount it in the jukebox. The height of the cdm 3 vs the cdm 12 is quite different. Also the ribbon cable harness I suspect will be different. ?

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Found a couple non working cdm -12 players non working. These should be repairable, but this still leaves me questioning how to mount it in the jukebox. The height of the cdm 3 vs the cdm 12 is quite different. Also the ribbon cable harness I suspect will be different. ?

From my past experience, Ypu'll need to replace several other components in order to upgrade from cdm3 to a cdm 12 or cdpro. You'll have to to replace the cd mech board.

I upgraded this Rowe from a cdm3 to cdpro. The conversion kit included everything I needed, including a new power supply. I can hook you up with someone that can tell you what you need.

Dsc_5330_1 (resized).jpgDsc_5330_1 (resized).jpg
#580 3 years ago

From my past experience, Ypu'll need to replace several other components in order to upgrade from cdm3 to a cdm 12 or cdpro. You'll have to to replace the cd mech board.

That's what I was thinking. Thank you.

#581 3 years ago

Can anybody tell me if a good working NSM Thunder Wall CD Jukebox full of good cd's is worth $600 ? Do they have good sound and are they made good.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Can anybody tell me if a good working NSM Thunder Wall CD Jukebox full of good cd's is worth $600 ? Do they have good sound and are they made good.

Parts are a bit hard to come by. Get yourself a Rowe.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Maybe high by ~$200. Sound is good.

#584 3 years ago

Anyone know how to hookup external speakers to Wurlitzer 1015 OMT?

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I just bought a Rowe Storm for $475 after looking for a wall mount for a while. The NSMs are appealing for their fast song changes, but after talking to several NSM owners on here, everyone recommended Rowe, especially the people that had both. The page changing (sliding) mechanism on the NSMs are notoriously problematic.

But if you have your heart set on a NSM, $600 with CDs is definitely less than I saw it for.

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I upgraded this Rowe from a cdm3 to cdpro. The conversion kit included everything I needed, including a new power supply. I can hook you up with someone that can tell you what you need.
[quoted image]

I cut the quote wrong. Yes , if you would please. Thank you.

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I cut the quote wrong. Yes , if you would please. Thank you.

I sent you a PM

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Anyone know how to hookup external speakers to Wurlitzer 1015 OMT?

One quick google search away
https://www.flippers.com/pdfs/OMT_CD_Operating&FieldService_22.pdf

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
#590 3 years ago

Thank you very much!! I think I need to print the manual.

#591 3 years ago

Long shot, but does anyone have a bottom right corner cap in chrome for a Rowe Wall Phono? Part 40895501

It's the bottom right "foot"/corner for this wall mount juke.

Worst case, Suzohapp has one, but not in stock for a while.

1 week later
#592 3 years ago

Here's a 4 part series I just released on NSM 45 rpm mechs and the issues I had with mine. Enjoy!

1 week later
#593 3 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response but thanks all for the advice (re AMI keys and Rockola motors). I forgot about Victory Glass, d'oh!

The "roll your own" motor idea is a good one and I've actually tried that... I actually got one that almost works but haven't gotten around to devising a secure mount and a new gear mesh, since of course it's not an exact fit. Was hoping maybe an easier source was out there before I reinvent the wheel. I already feel kinda silly for trying to stick with the motorized color-wheel route, when a modern color-changing chase LED strip would give the same effect.

#594 3 years ago

Progress...the juke (Rowe Storm Wallphono) is cleaned, loaded, and connected via Sonos. Next step is to mount it on the wall.

The manual is unclear on how many bolts are needed, but I can't see a way of getting more than 4 into it. I'm using 4 x 2.5" lag bolts - 2 in each of the two studs it spans. Seems well secured. Is this right?

Has anyone hung one of these before? This thing is a beast!

(the sonos is on top now, but it's going inside where the amp was. Pics to come)

IMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPG
#595 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I'm using 4 x 2.5" lag bolts - 2 in each of the two studs it spans. Seems well secured. Is this right?

Pretty sure that's what I did. 2 on each support into studs and you should be good

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Pretty sure that's what I did. 2 on each support into studs and you should be good

Awesome. thanks. Up she goes!

#597 3 years ago

The Detroit area's top Seeburg repair technician passed away last week. I worked with him for a few years and he taught me quite a bit on Seeburg troubleshooting. Below is a link to his obituary. Also, here's a picture I took of him with a Mardi Gras (STD4?) in 1980.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/10/25/oak-park-jukebox-pinball-supplier-remembered-making-people-smile/6032124002/

20201021_160749 (resized).jpg20201021_160749 (resized).jpg
#598 3 years ago

I added a Jukebox to my game room, just a Little Rock-Ola 451 from 1973 but it plays 7” records just the way I like it. 50 records so I’m always on the lookout for double A side vinyl

E134BFA2-A1AC-4554-B286-B98A72B4E63D (resized).jpegE134BFA2-A1AC-4554-B286-B98A72B4E63D (resized).jpeg
#599 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I added a Jukebox to my game room, just a Little Rock-Ola 451 from 1973 but it plays 7” records just the way I like it. 50 records so I’m always on the lookout for double A side vinyl
[quoted image]

That's a real nice looking 451 congrats

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Detroit area's top Seeburg repair technician passed away last week. I worked with him for a few years and he taught me quite a bit on Seeburg troubleshooting. Below is a link to his obituary. Also, here's a picture I took of him with a Mardi Gras (STD4?) in 1980.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2020/10/25/oak-park-jukebox-pinball-supplier-remembered-making-people-smile/6032124002/[quoted image]

I'm sorry you lost your mentor . Thanks for the great pic - that is one nice looking Mardi Gras - I went WOW!

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jukebox-owners-collectors/page/12?hl=felixtcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.