3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 524 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by PinballCharlieNY
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

051ED3D7-F371-4EA8-9F3D-9E4899E4B361 (resized).jpeg
106262823_10223413997001112_4450204414933968536_o (resized).jpg
67-4 (resized).jpg
20200622_140127 (resized).jpg
Dsc_5191_1 (resized).jpg
DSC_5175 (resized).JPG
Dsc_5173_1 (resized).jpg
Dsc_5162_1 (resized).jpg
scan0013.pdf (PDF preview)
Dsc_5126_1 (resized).jpg
received_248934072985838 (resized).png
seeburg_mayor1 (resized).png
1683A03D-D3BA-45FC-8FAD-A2D892AD8548 (resized).jpeg
3AADBEDB-8E87-47D3-9482-326FEC4E02F6 (resized).jpeg
33A7629E-7BE2-4937-A9EE-17264D53F72B (resized).jpeg
6DB0D1BA-D416-4091-AA6D-AA804E07B0A8 (resized).jpeg

There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 45 days ago

"No sir, Mayor Daley no longer comes to the Seeburg factory; he's dead sir".

seeburg_mayor1 (resized).png
#502 45 days ago
Quoted from Pickle:

CD boxes are nice but you can fill 100 CD’s quick and still not come close to all the music you want at your fingertips so modding them is kind of nice for that. Just like pins Jukes can multiply and space can be an issue. And not every song you want is on 45rpm.

Yeah that’s what I like about this mod. It still operates like 45’s but i can put a whole album as 1 MP3 and just use up 1 spot in the play list.

My other (fully functional) juke is a Rock-Ola 446. I hate it. Not only is there no visible mech but it looks like my parent’s 1960’s console stereo. Fugly. But hey it works and has 45’s in it.

I got both for free last summer. Had to repair a lot on the rock ola to get it running.

#503 45 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well I did the unthinkable. Converted a juke to MP3 (while maintaining the original look and feel). You wouldn’t know unless you opened it up. It’s a Seeburg STD2 Entertainer.
Now before slamming me consider that the juke is cosmetically so-so. Repainted using what looks like brushed on Tremclad for the black. Some chrome painted black. Most of the remaining chrome is rusted/corroded/scratched. The electronics were hacked to sh$t. Unending cut wires, splices, and electrical tape all over. Blown amp. Non functioning audio pickup(in addition to blown amp).
So here’s what I did:
I programmed an Arduino mega with MP3 shield to control my jukebox. With the programming and hook up done I need to clean up the installation and make it more “permanent” instead of jump wires all over. Then I will get to the infinity lighting. The only “non-original” behaviour is the initial bulb test when I turn it on. The volume control and skip song switch in the back are both functional.
I was worried about tackling this since last time I coded anything was 20 years ago and in C++. Never coded an Arduino before. It was fun to get rid of the cobwebs in the brain lol. I’m pretty happy with the result
I kept all lighting original (incandescent bulbs). Controlled by 2 x 16 channel relay boards. The 20 “selection playing” bulbs run on 12v(#19 bulbs). Missing 3 bulbs that I will get from a “local” operator (110 miles away lol) when I go pick up a spare semi-populated Dr Who playfield soon.
The “status panel” lights were converted to 555 running on 5v. Those were 656 wedge bulbs running on 28v before. Missing a few twist sockets (on order). I will change the text back to English and add “Please Wait” at the bottom and “Thank You” once a valid selection is made.
The scanning sound I recorded myself from the mech before I disassembled it. It’s the only thing that was semi working. Love the squeaking lol.
The juke in action:
Note that I fixed the brief flashing of “select song” prior to “please wait” since taking the video.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done! Love the scanning and proper light show.

#504 45 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Nicely done! Love the scanning and proper light show.

Thanks!!

#505 44 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well I did the unthinkable. Converted a juke to MP3 (while maintaining the original look and feel). You wouldn’t know unless you opened it up. It’s a Seeburg STD2 Entertainer.

Awesome project, thanks for the writeup! Not at all unthinkable, if the mech is hidden, it does not matter what does the actual playing.

#506 44 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

"No sir, Mayor Daley no longer comes to the Seeburg factory; he's dead sir".
[quoted image]

Great Seeburg pic - what's the story behind it?

#507 44 days ago

I have a seeburg ls2 jukebox, im missing the contact block, part #CB1, it sits on top of the mechanism and plugs into the "now playing" display on the front top panel and it says not a handle on top in big letters, The attached pic is of part # cb2 that looks the same but has a different connection. I need #CB1, so let me know if anyone can help.

received_248934072985838 (resized).png
#508 44 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Great Seeburg pic - what's the story behind it?

That was from the dedication ceremony of the new main plant addition in 1965.

#509 43 days ago

Hey fellas. I might have an opportunity to buy a Rowe WP-100. What are thoughts about these? They don't have any speakers right? are parts available and easily fixed?

#510 43 days ago

or would you go after a firebird 2? which one is better and has parts available to fix

#511 42 days ago

Well. Lost both in auction. This auction is typically broke junk so oh well

#512 41 days ago

I've had the NSM Emerald Ice for almost a year. I finally got around to tinkering with it. She's working 100% now.

Dsc_5126_1 (resized).jpg
#513 41 days ago

I'm uploading a bunch of EM flyers to Pinside this evening and found this letter stuck in the middle of them and thought it belongs somewhere in a thread......

scan0013.pdf
#514 41 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

I'm uploading a bunch of EM flyers to Pinside this evening and found this letter stuck in the middle of them and thought it belongs somewhere in a thread......
[quoted image]

Fun letter. Kind of interesting because the 1050 was a modern day knockoff of the 1080. It was one of Wurlitzer’s last jukeboxes. It eventually was made by the Mexican company ‘Sonata’ and called the Nostalgia 1050.

#515 41 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Fun letter. Kind of interesting because the 1050 was a modern day knockoff of the 1080. It was one of Willet’s hers last jukeboxes. It eventually was made by the Mexican
company Sonata and called the Nostalgia 1050.

And let's not forget that Rock-Ola also built it with their mechanism as the Model 1000. This was after they moved from the massive Chicago plant at 800 N. Kedzie to suburban Addison.

#516 36 days ago

Thats awesome!!

#517 36 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Now before slamming me consider that the juke is cosmetically so-so. Repainted using what looks like brushed on Tremclad for the black. Some chrome painted black. Most of the remaining chrome is rusted/corroded/scratched. The electronics were hacked to sh$t. Unending mess of cut wires, splices, and electrical tape all over. Blown amp. Non functioning audio pickup(in addition to blown amp).
So here’s what I did:
I programmed an Arduino mega with MP3 shield to control my jukebox. With the programming and hook up done I need to clean up the installation and make it more “permanent” instead of jump wires all over. Then I will get to the infinity lighting. The only “non-original” behaviour is the initial bulb test when I turn it on. The volume control and skip song switch in the back are both functional.
I was worried about tackling this since last time I coded anything was 20 years ago and in C++. Never coded an Arduino before. It was fun to get rid of the cobwebs in the brain lol. I’m pretty happy with the result
I kept all lighting original (incandescent bulbs). Controlled by 2 x 16 channel relay boards. The 20 “selection playing” bulbs run on 12v(#19 bulbs). Missing 3 bulbs that I will get from a “local” operator (110 miles away lol) when I go pick up a spare semi-populated Dr Who playfield soon.
The “status panel” lights were converted to 555 running on 5v. Those were 656 wedge bulbs running on 28v before. Missing a few twist sockets (on order). I will change the text back to English and add “Please Wait” at the bottom and “Thank You” once a valid selection is made.
The scanning sound I recorded myself from the mech before I disassembled it. It’s the only thing that was semi working. Love the squeaking lol.
The juke in action:
Note that I fixed the brief flashing of “select song” prior to “please wait” since taking the video.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome!!

#518 30 days ago

I own a Wurlitzer 1050.... I really think it's an interesting machine. It's the machine that started the Retro Jukebox craze.... it predates all the 1015 OMTs and clones. It looks retro, but it's not a copy of an older machine. Some parts of the machine are built like a tank, but other parts reek of cheap. It has great sound, and with a few little mods can sound even better.
You can also get them for a lot cheaper than OMTs, but cosmetic parts are a lot harder to come by and reproduction parts are non-existent.

When I got mine the previous owner added a pre-amp and changed the cartridge to match (Pretty common to do to these in the late 80's early 90's). It would sound great.... but the whole machine rattles like crazy:

I've spent a lot of time trying to fix all the rattling.

I don't think I'm going to keep this machine though.... As interesting as it is, as cool as it looks, and as good as it sounds.... I just don't have the room for 7 Jukes. Plus the others I own have more sentimental value than the 1050.

~Jeff

#519 27 days ago

I'm restoring the Rowe CD jukebox.

DSC_5175 (resized).JPGDsc_5162_1 (resized).jpgDsc_5173_1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#520 15 days ago

My Rowe restore is done. She came out looking good.

Dsc_5191_1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#521 2 days ago

Are there any jukebox collectors/restorers/repair type people near me? (Springfield, Il.) If so, please PM me - I have some stuff that you may be really interested in. I don't want to throw it away, as I think it has value for those who are into old jukeboxes. Shipping is likely cost prohibitive - its all old original manuals.

#522 1 day ago

a pic of mine

20200622_140127 (resized).jpg
#523 14 hours ago

I just picked up a Rowe CTI-2 yesterday. I picks up the record and I can hear sound from the record but I'm not getting anything from the amp. Does anybody have a manual sitting around ?

106262823_10223413997001112_4450204414933968536_o (resized).jpg67-4 (resized).jpg
#524 7 hours ago

Anyone know where I can find replacement push buttons for this Rockola CD8 ? Button #6 does not register. I tried reseating the connector and nothing. Thanks in advance

051ED3D7-F371-4EA8-9F3D-9E4899E4B361 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 64.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 1,000.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 289.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside