• Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S8OZSQU (resized).jpg
C766D1BF-A12B-4447-8B7A-72D4B8A0D0C4 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

It doesn't get much better then ripping a spinner, its just satisfying. I have a Fire Power, Alien Poker and a TriZone. The FP spinner i can rip pretty good for some pretty big points, but the AP not so much. Whats the best way to "juice" the spinner so to speak? Now I know the AP doesnt have the best angle from the right flipper but when I do get a good crack on it, it is very underwhelming. So what do you guys do to really get it to rip?

#2 3 years ago

SuperLube

#3 3 years ago

You can make sure everything is straight and you can polish points of contact. Tiny amount of a light lube. Make sure your switch connected to the spinner isn't causing too much drag. Adjust if needed.

#4 3 years ago

I put a small weight on the actuator rod and waxed the spinner shaft with carnuba (used a q-Tip.)

#5 3 years ago

Good suggestions so far, only other thing i can recommend is to make sure the spinner sits perpendicular to the playfield when at rest. If it's leaning forward or backward, it may work less than optimally. Also make sure the spinner switch is gapped properly. If there's a lot of tension coming from the switch as the spinner turns, that can also cause less spins. You may need to adjust one or both switch leaves to get it just right.

Good luck!

#6 3 years ago

I 2nd the Superlube. I put it on the spinner on my Alien Poker and holy crap, it went from like 12 spins on a plunge to like 40. It's amazing stuff!

#7 3 years ago

Polish, align, switch tension, switch gap, lube... all good ideas above. Use those tips and you’ll get spinner rips like this.

#8 3 years ago
C766D1BF-A12B-4447-8B7A-72D4B8A0D0C4 (resized).jpegC766D1BF-A12B-4447-8B7A-72D4B8A0D0C4 (resized).jpeg
#9 3 years ago

i use this on all my spinners. it works awesome. such a difference. and when it flakes off or drips, its wax so i would think it would be better than oil on the playfield and plastics.

S8OZSQU (resized).jpgSZSQU (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Polish, align, switch tension, switch gap, lube... all good ideas above. Use those tips and you’ll get spinner rips like this.

Man I love ripping the spinners on classic Sterns.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Damn!!!!!!!!! Now thats what im looking for.

#12 3 years ago

1) Make sure the spinner is perpendicular to the playfield. Usually all that is needed to fix one that isn't resting properly is to push on the back of the spinner (opposite to the side the ball hits it) and carefully bend back the wires that are suspending the spinner. The wire gets bent back by the ball hitting it on the front.

2) Spin the spinner by hand and carefully watch the wires that suspend the spinner in it's bracket. Watch for wobbling. Carefully bend the end of the wire so that when you spin the spinner, the wire does not wobble. Repeat on the other side.

3) Make sure the wire is not rubbing on the mounting bracket on either side. Make sure the little plastic washers are installed to stop rubbing and keep the activation rod in place.

4) Make sure the spinner is not hitting the top of the mounting bracket as it spins (these can get bent when shopping/cleaning). Make sure the wire is not hitting any plastics or screws.

5) Make sure that only the lightest action is needed to activate the switch. You don't want the spinner to have to bend the switch blade unnecessarily.

6) Very small drop of lube on each pivot point. Do not lube the activation wire leading to the switch. On modern games with micro-switches, I wipe a small amount of lube on the switch blade as there is rubbing there. DO NOT get any oil in the switch.

#13 3 years ago

All great tips. As i was playing AP today i was taking note of the points on the plunge and it was a sad 600. And that wasn’t even 6 full revaluations, that was basically from the swing. Sad.
I got a good right flipper crack for 10 or 12k but thats all she wrote.
Ill do some tweeking and report my progress.
Thanks guys.

#14 3 years ago

Super Lube or Silicone spray on a Q Tip works well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/juicing-the-spinner-?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.