Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dantebean
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Starting at "Average" what exactly should average mean in condition and working status?

Is average a 6 or 7 on a ten point scale?

#2 10 years ago

I don't believe anyone has ever really defined the range on a ten point scale with any certainty. Would be pretty cool for one of the big named restorers to provide us descriptions on a 10 point scale for playfield, cab, backglass, inner wiring, etc.

If one of the big named restorers took the time to make a list like this it would be the gold standard instantly for people describing their games for sale. (HEP, Keller, McCune, Treasure Cove, Vid, PinMike, etc. you guys reading this?)

#3 10 years ago

I am absolutely not an authority, but shouldn't 5 be average on 1-10?

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

That's crazy math skills right there

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

tely not an authority, but shouldn't 5 be average on 1-10?

That's crazy math skills right there

Both you guys just gave me the laugh I needed to go work with civil engineers today.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from jetspeedb:

the laugh I needed to go work with civil engineers today.

Um........ Expect more of the same witty repartee. I am a Civil Engineer.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

No. maybe. depends.

I would think some standard needs to be set for what average means.

I think there should be two Averages: One for mechanical condition and one for cosmetic condition.

I think average mechanical condition should mean it at least plays with no errors

I am not sure what average cosmetic condition should mean .

#8 10 years ago

Won't that just be another category....like is mentioned a lot in threads already. It is a 5 mechanically and a 5 cosmetically.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Won't that just be another category....like is mentioned a lot in threads already. It is a 5 mechanically and a 5 cosmetically.

What does a 5 cosmetically look like?

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

What does a 5 cosmetically look like?

Halfway between waterlogged wreck with worn to the wood playfield, and HEP restored.....

Right in the middle.

#11 10 years ago

Cosmetically I would say some wear on the PF, scratches on the cabinet with fading. Also scratches on the backbox and translight. Rusty legs as well. As for working I would say some errors if not game reset on occasion. I may have a 7 BOP but I wouldnt call it average.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judging-pinball-machine-condition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.