Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ziz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi Pinside, I hope everyone is having a good day. I recently purchased Judge dredd and everything was good. Right now, the globe isn't spinning. I here the motor making noise but it's just not moving. Any suggestions on what to look for? Also the crane that grabs the balls is making a screeching noise. It was doing that when I bought it. It works, but I also didn't know what to look for. I tried wd40 but to no prevail. It's working though. My main concern is that I really wanted to find out why the globe isn't turning. thanks for any input.

#2 6 years ago

Is the set screw tight against the shaft.??

#3 6 years ago

It sounds like your have a broken gear. See this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-planet-gearbox-revealed-2

#4 6 years ago

Damn sorry but it does sound like the gears are stripped. You need to open the gearbox and take a look. Also pinball resources used to rebuild the gearbox so you may want to reach out to Steve.

#5 6 years ago

Definitely sounds like the notorious gear is broken from it's shaft. I went through this and fixed it last year using the pinning method mentioned in that other thread.

It was easy with a drill press to make the two holes in each of the two gears and then I pressed two automotive roll pins through the two holes using a vice. The key is to get the holes through the two stacked gears as straight as possible and then when you pin them to get the two gears as straight relative to each other as possible. If you spin the gear around in your hand and you see that top broken gear wobbling then you just need to get it straightened out until it doesn't wobble. If you don't get it straight the gear will strain and can kind of catch during parts of it's rotation making the rotation inconsistent and noisy. I think my gear box is still noisier than it was before it broke but it has turned great since then with no problems.

Since I drilled out the rivets to open the gear box I had to use bolts to put it back together and then the nut got in the way of the housing bracket, so I had to cut out a notch on that bracket for it to fit right, it was easy with a Dremel. I then used white lithium grease over all of the gears.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-world-not-spinning-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.