(Topic ID: 64785)

judge dredd wont go into test mode

By blackjack33

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

New game. So the volume works. And the escape button registers. But the enter test button does nada. That and I do not get a prompt saying "press enter for test mode" when the door is open. That and the enter test button just doesnt work.

The interlock switch is also not working. It is wired right. I even unplugged all the wires to see if it was the switch...still Nothing.

How is the switch wired below the interlock.i just have 2 open connectors. It looks like a pin is busted off that switch. Any ideas?

Im thinking of a loose ground. I have a wire connected to the chassis grounding wire just dangling below the interlock switch. Is that connected to broken pin on the swtch below to he interlock switch? Anyone have a pic of that?

#2 10 years ago

Any battery leakage on the MPU board?

#3 10 years ago

Not that I can see. The previous owner moved the battery holder. It has been moved and placed off the boards.

#4 10 years ago

Ok...here is what is happening now.

I kept turning it off and on again I got it to go into test mode-once. I could cycle forward back using the volume buttons (+-) but then it started freaking out and just auto pressing the froward button. I couldn;t hit escape or anything and had to just turn it off. I would say it was the switch but the volume buttons work perfectly when it is not in test mode.

I then tried truning it off and on gain a few more time. I then had it say CHECK FUSES F114 and F115 and then it said "HOLD ENTER TO RESET HIGH SCORE" follwed by a countdown and then it reset the high scores.

This may be a side problem but the crane keeps cycling and a coil keeps firing like it is looking for a ball-but it doesn't say "PINBALLS MISSING" or anything. It is probably the 6 ball opto board because it was acting flaking yesterday...the auto save kept firing like the last opto was permenantly closed (why I tried to go into test mode in the first place).

#5 10 years ago

ok solved the test mode problem

#6 10 years ago

wait... what was wrong?

#7 10 years ago

Oh...I started a new thread fot it. The memory switch wiring was intentionally miswired. I say that beacause with it wired right I can get into test mode every time...but that is all that happens with no other option. It goes right into test mode every time I turn it on.

It is like the ENTER BUTTON on the coin door is stuck - but it isn't the 4 button coin door swtich, I cut the wires and it still happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-wont-go-into-test-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.