(Topic ID: 58010)

Judge Dredd: which way should the ball travel after launch?

By nosro

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by burningman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jd_map.png
#1 10 years ago

After launching the ball on my Judge Dredd machine, the ball tends to hit the left slingshot (red path), assuming that I do not use the upper left flipper. However, the design intent looks like it should go to the left lower flipper (blue path). Which way does the ball go on your machine?

Note that I have leveled the playfield left to right and made sure the playfield was set to 6.5 degrees.

jd_map.pngjd_map.png

#2 10 years ago

That left outlane sucks the big one, regardless.

#3 10 years ago

Not every machine is identical. You could try adjusting the ball guide to keep the ball off the sling so it heads straight to the flipper, which is what I believe it's designed to do.

viperrwk

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Not every machine is identical. You could try adjusting the ball guide to keep the ball off the sling so it heads straight to the flipper, which is what I believe it's designed to do.
viperrwk

Exactly. This is one example of the IMPORTANCE of "dialing in" or tweaking your games. So they play well and as the designers intended. They are more fun that way. It drives me crazy when I play (others') games where an orbit shot bumps off a sling, or a half-ramp shot comes back stdm. Shouldn't happen in a well-adjusted game.

#5 10 years ago

I looked at mine last night... I generally go for the skill shot every time, but if I let it go it shoots straight for the tip of the left flipper. If I don't flip it bounces and straight down the drain.

#6 10 years ago

The ball should not go to the lower playfield after launch or after lunch for that matter. It should be hit by the upper left flipper for the skillshot or as I prefer, trying to strafe the drop targets and take out all five at once.

#7 10 years ago

Mine goes SDTM if I don't hit it with the upper left flipper (or may hit the tip of the left lower flipper on its way down.) Maybe I need to dial mine in better.

#8 10 years ago

What exactly can I adjust to get the ball to travel toward the flipper? I have already leveled the playfield and adjusted the tilt to 6.5 degrees. I don't see any adjustment for the ball guides.

Adjust the rest position of the upper left flipper?

#9 10 years ago

Nosro...you may be able to adjust the metal ball guide that runs above the left upper flipper. I am not close to my game, but I think you can just loosen the screws that holds the metal guide and slide it toward the playfield. When the screw is loose, hold the metal guide out while you are tightning the screw. This may give you enough to clear that flipper and the left sling.

I have also heard of dudes bending the guides to get them to align right...not sure if I would suggest that right out of the gate...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-which-way-should-the-ball-travel-after-launch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.