43%
  • None Of The Above 3 votes
    4%

(69 votes)

#1 4 years ago

wich one its your pick and why?Judge Dredd VS.The Getaway

#2 4 years ago

Have them both. They are both great.
Getaway - fast, simple, zztop soundtrack.
Judge Dredd - also fast, modes better, superball, great callouts.
Both have cool multiball locks.
Bottom Line: Getaway more shallow but just plan fun pinball. Judge Dredd deeper modes with great shots. Love them both!

#3 4 years ago

I'm totally biased as I own The Getaway, but have had many opportunities to buy a Judge Dredd. I have played both plenty. Getaway to me just has that magical "need to play one more game!", and it never gets old to me. Always fast, fun, and addictive. Need to get that red line mania!

#4 4 years ago

Getaway is way too repetitive. Just shoot orbits over and over until you get to red line. Dredd has a ton of modes and awesome music

#5 4 years ago

Getaway isn't as deep but man is it fun. Lots of orbit shots, really cool ball lock, The supercharger never gets old, and it has a functional stop light! I wouldn't mind having a demo man too (deeper game that isnt overly complex) , but I don't think I'll hunt one down like I did for the Getaway, even if I do love me some Huxley.

TLD;DR Cant go wrong with either.

#6 4 years ago

My friend owns both of these, and while they're both good, I just can not get enough of the getaway.

Everytime I play Judge Dredd, I exclaim how expensive it would he if they attempted to release that in today's market.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Have them both. They are both great.
Getaway - fast, simple, zztop soundtrack.
Judge Dredd - also fast, modes better, superball, great callouts.
Both have cool multiball locks.
Bottom Line: Getaway more shallow but just plan fun pinball. Judge Dredd deeper modes with great shots. Love them both!

+1

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I wouldn't mind having a demo man too

Judge Dredd

#9 4 years ago

I've had 3 Getaways and am now on my 4th Judge Dredd so I guess Judge Dredd wins.

Turns out I like T2 better than Getaway. For now....

#10 4 years ago

The two games are extremely different. JD is a strategic mainly mode-based game that requires accurate shooting. I suggest setting it up super difficult for the best enjoyment out of it.

The Getaway is a sequel to High Speed and retains a lot of the simplicity of the rules of the original, while adding some unique toys. Personally, I don't like the toys at all, and perhaps because of that, I have never been too personally enthralled with it.

I'm happy to play the Getaway on route when I see it. I have never wanted to own one. JD has been a keeper for 10+ years.

#11 4 years ago

I have no idea why I had Demolition Man on the brain, totally deserve a thumbs down on that reply. Dredd vs Getaway....... that's even closer. I'd probably still lean towards Getaway but it'd come down more to value than anything else. I have a Getaway and have gotten a ton of mileage out of it /pun but yeah I'd get a Dredd in a heartbeat if a players shape one ever went for sale around me.

Are you asking because you have a chance to get one or the other?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've had 3 Getaways and am now on my 4th Judge Dredd so I guess Judge Dredd wins.
Turns out I like T2 better than Getaway. For now....

I agree on T2

#13 4 years ago

Agree with others on Getaway. Simple but fast, fun, and addictive. Love the supercharger and having to shift gears. Great game but could really use a few more modes or things to do. I don't recommend it for a small collection since it's not very hard to beat and gets repetitive. Dredd definitely has more to shoot for and modes but that doesn't always mean more fun. Never got into gameplay on Dredd but to be fair haven't played it much.

#14 4 years ago

Judge Dredd for me Getaway becomes a bit repetitive for me.

#15 4 years ago

I had getaway and currently have a Dredd. Dredd is more fun to me but getaway is fantastic as well.

#16 4 years ago

own a JD. JD is better by FAR, IMO.

i Just feel like 13 + modes/multiballs takes it for Judge Dredd. Getaway is simple fast fun, like many have stated already. JD is the shooter's game; i would even say the SHARPSHOOTER's game. Its pure shooting satisfaction. Getaway has far fewer sharpshooter shots. obviously its standard vs widebody here, so there will be a significant shot discrepancy, but its worth mentioning. JD has a TON of shots, both easy and near-impossible. its one of the best widebodies ever, along with Roadshow, JJPOTC, STTNG, and IJTPA.

#17 4 years ago

kept getaway for a month, owned jd for 4yrs, still regret selling jd.

#18 4 years ago

Judge Dredd by a mile! awesome game ... won't sell mine.

#19 4 years ago

To me Judge Dredd is just far more entertaining especially with a color DMD, from the video clips, the sounds and music, the modes, right down to the shots. One of the most entertaining DMD games of them all that can take a long time to master, if you ever master it at all. 25 years later I'm still working on that. And the art package is superb.

#20 4 years ago

JD all the way! Make sure to get it at the right price though...
JD is a 1300$ game, folks!

#21 4 years ago

FrederikFrost and o-din meet again!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

FrederikFrost and o-din meet again!

And man does it feel good

#23 4 years ago

While everyone was asking where I went, I was asking where the heck did FrederikFrost go?

#24 4 years ago

Depth of play: JD
Modes: JD
Art package: JD
Lighting: JD
Price: JD
Fun: JD
Pinside ranking: JD

It seems like an easy call.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

JD all the way! Make sure to get it at the right price though...
JD is a 1300$ game, folks!

Really?? Where?? Pinside has it from 2600-3000+

I sold mine a month ago for 3600...and I had SEVERAL offers above my asking price.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Really?? Where?? Pinside has it from 2600-3000+

It's a long running Pinside joke

#28 4 years ago

I probably owned the costliest JD ever, the guy I bought it from had 5500 in it, Clearcoated pf, new ramps, cointaker LED kit, mint cab, and FF speaker system, I bought it for 4k, fixed the deadworld so it worked correctly and it was reliable for the deadworld mod and put in another 600 in other mods ( shiny gold eagle topper instead of the green one, pinbaldes, deadworld mod, stainless steel crane and some light mods) . I sold it for 4k a few months ago. So this was a 6k JD....lol, not a $1400 game anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-vsthe-getaway?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.