• Latest reply 7 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dirty-harry-560-4.jpg
#1 8 years ago

What game in your opinion is better between these 2. Just looking for opinions might be able to get one or the other. Have never really played either one.

Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

JD for sure.

#4 8 years ago

Yea id have go with jd for much more going on and a ton of shots. I like both tho but dh won't last long in my house which y I haven't bought one.

#5 8 years ago

do you want to play a wide body or reg? both are great machines imo so I'm sure you'll be happy. I find wide body gameplay to be much different that normal machines, so if you don't have many machines to play right now maybe you should consider this alone.

#6 8 years ago

dirty-harry-560-4.jpgdirty-harry-560-4.jpg

#7 8 years ago

that would be a death match of epic proportions.

#8 8 years ago

I have them sitting next to each other in my living room, and have whittled them down to being two of only a few DMD games worth keeping.

#9 8 years ago

Owned them both for extended periods and for me JD wins by a landslide.

#10 8 years ago

DH IMO. JD ruleset tough to understand. Never quite get what I'm going for...

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

DH IMO. JD ruleset tough to understand. Never quite get what I'm going for...

Really ?just start modes and it tells you what to shoot and aim for flashing lights ?

#12 8 years ago

DH for me. JD has a lot going on in it...none of which is terribly exciting to me....but you do get "a lot of game" that matters to some people.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

do you want to play a wide body or reg? both are great machines imo so I'm sure you'll be happy. I find wide body gameplay to be much different that normal machines, so if you don't have many machines to play right now maybe you should consider this alone.

JD is one of the few wide bodies that doesn't feel like a wide body - to me at least. It uses the extra space effectively enough to eliminate most to all of that wide body left and right "float" feeling. A game I'll own again one day... It's awesome.

#14 8 years ago

It took me a long time to warm up to Dirty Harry and it's a pretty unforgiving machine too for a more experienced pinball player. However once you get the hang of that machine it's great! When it comes to classic Williams pinball from the 90's Dirty Harry is often overlooked but given proper time on the machine you will realize it is a great pinball machine.

#15 8 years ago

Played both a lot. I prefer DH. The lame wizard mode on JD lets DH move ahead. Otherwise both are great.

#16 8 years ago
8 months later
#18 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

dirty-harry-560-4.jpg

I'm not getting what you mean there......

#19 8 years ago

Always hated the deadworld, virtual or hard lock versions. DH for me.

#20 8 years ago

I haven't played one DH that didn't feel super clunky.

#22 8 years ago

No question here........JD is the choice. With the deadworld mod, it has one of the best physical ball locks in pinball. And it's full of dark humor too.

I AM THE LAW!

#23 8 years ago

I didn't know physical ball locks where that exciting?

#25 8 years ago

Judge Dredd

#27 8 years ago

I've owned both and my vote goes to JD hands down!

1 month later
#28 8 years ago

Not sure if I voted here already but my vote goes to Dirty Harry.... (but I still like JD)

#30 8 years ago

DH for me too. Playing it quite a lot more than the other games in my collection

#31 8 years ago

First two machines I ever purchased and will probably keep them forever. JD wins on art and gameplay, but DH has Clint. Tough call.

#32 8 years ago

JD.

He is the law.

#34 8 years ago

Tough one, very different games but both are damn fun pins, it really comes down to trying both before making a decision, I would say JD is the better pin overall but I did enjoy my time with DH, buy both as thats always the best choice.

#35 8 years ago

shit.

#36 8 years ago

own both, love both. both r staying. both sleeper pins in my opinion. both great tourney games as well. both well balanced.
cant decide one over the other.

#37 8 years ago

DH wins for me. I find the replay factor much higher on DH over JD.

#38 8 years ago

I have and like both. JD will leave my collection before DH does

2 months later
#39 7 years ago

Tough one. Very different machines. For me, they are on about the same level funwise. I think my vote goes to JD. But only by a slight margin.

Ideally, buy both. This is more than anything a matter of personal opinion.

Edit: oops, old post. Saw it just after I posted this.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It took me a long time to warm up to Dirty Harry and it's a pretty unforgiving machine too for a more experienced pinball player. However once you get the hang of that machine it's great! When it comes to classic Williams pinball from the 90's Dirty Harry is often overlooked but given proper time on the machine you will realize it is a great pinball machine.

Yes what he said....I own both, more bang for the buck with jd, however I enjoy them about the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-vs-dirty-harry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.