hi Guys,what to pick and why?

#2 4 years ago

BSD by a mile. THIRRRTY MILLION!!!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

BSD by a mile. THIRRRTY MILLION!!!

thxs ill keep it in mind!

#4 4 years ago

Drac, no contest. I hate the theme but it's just an infinitely more engaging and fun to play table than Dredd.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Drac, no contest. I hate the theme but it's just an infinitely more engaging and fun to play table than Dredd.

thank you!,But why i tough that dredd was a contender with all the modes and the 4 flippers.

#6 4 years ago

I hate to be that guy but BOP is a WPC title, not sys11

#7 4 years ago

I am on my second BSD. As said here many times, easy to understand difficult to master with the best multi ball stack in pinball . The light show is excellent for its era.
Pinsound board is now a must for BSD along with some speaker upgrades. Makes a Hugh difference.

You can dress the game up with the new alternative trans light and cabinet rad calls.

You get a lot of game it seems for the money from JD. a lot of shots but to me the game got old fast. Gone and forgotten.

System 11’ s such as WW and ES can be keepers as well but I put BSD over both especially now with the pinsound opportunity.

#8 4 years ago

BSD is the pin I have owned the longest, about 5 years. Other pins have come and gone, but this one is "everlasting".

BSD is a pin you either love or hate. Some people complain it's too scary for them, their wife, their husband, their kids, their dog... And that's fine. Not every pin needs to be a happy family theme. I love this pin because it's for a few of us who gravitate towards themes like this.

Also, some of the hate comes from the idea that there is "nothing to do", no modes, etc. I think people forget that not every pinball machine needs to be filled with bells and whistles, toys and modes galore, especially just because it came out in the 90s. Sorry. This was desgined to be a multiball-stacking, strict-shot based machine that came out during a time when other pins leaned more on modes. It commands accuracy. The way to score big points is very narrow and I enjoy the fact that it stands out in that regard.

As far as features go, the main goal IS the feature. The mist multiball is just an added bonus, as far as i'm concerned, as the real highlight of this pin is when you stack the multiballs and the adrenaline rush from those 'thirty million' shots, not to mention spelling DRACULA, timed-shooting wolves, and killing off succubus.

"IT IS THE DEVIL'S CONCUBINE!" ... "I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart." Are you freakin' kidding me? The call outs and DMD animations are some of the best in pinball, but you really have to work to see them. Dark, serious themes are the best. As much as I love the movie, the pinball does more for the theme than the film itself!

Never gets old because the challenge is always there. This is a very humbling pin and if you can't make your shots, well, it's not the pins fault.

In regards to Judge Dredd, I happen to really enjoy that pin. I want to own one eventually, as I think it gives a nice contrast to BSD. Own them both if you can.

#9 4 years ago

I actually traded my BSD for a DM straight up. I don’t regret it. I may have lost a bit on my end, but not much.

BSD was a tough game, wasn’t my slice. It’s all a matter of opinion in the end. Consider difficulty in this decision is my 2 cents

#10 4 years ago

I love JD but gotta go BSD on this one. Not a great looking game but it’s got the gameplay and mist multiball is freaking cool.

#11 4 years ago

I'd was my first pin. Grew up on the comics.

"Gaze into the fist of Dredd!!!"

It was a great first pinball game. A widebody with no pops and some super crazy shots. Software... meh. I wrote an alternate rule sheet somewhere with a wizard mode that battles all4 judges of the apocalypse separately.

BSD has legs, long legs, you may have the game of your life on it, then... BAM! You sink to the bottom of the lake like a stone. While not deep, the rules are broad and allow for multiple strategies in gameplay. But the one to really go for is really hard.

A damn fine game. One of Barry's best from the dmd era.

#12 4 years ago

My BSD was my first pin ($800 20 years ago) my first regret selling and my first repurchased ($1200 15 years ago) well over 100 pins have come and gone from the garage BSD is bolted to the floor.

#13 4 years ago

BSD. Not even close.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

BSD is the pin I have owned the longest, about 5 years. Other pins have come and gone, but this one is "everlasting".
BSD is a pin you either love or hate. Some people complain it's too scary for them, their wife, their husband, their kids, their dog... And that's fine. Not every pin needs to be a happy family theme. I love this pin because it's for a few of us who gravitate towards themes like this.
Also, some of the hate comes from the idea that there is "nothing to do", no modes, etc. I think people forget that not every pinball machine needs to be filled with bells and whistles, toys and modes galore, especially just because it came out in the 90s. Sorry. This was desgined to be a multiball-stacking, strict-shot based machine that came out during a time when other pins leaned more on modes. It commands accuracy. The way to score big points is very narrow and I enjoy the fact that it stands out in that regard.
As far as features go, the main goal IS the feature. The mist multiball is just an added bonus, as far as i'm concerned, as the real highlight of this pin is when you stack the multiballs and the adrenaline rush from those 'thirty million' shots, not to mention spelling DRACULA, timed-shooting wolves, and killing off succubus.
"IT IS THE DEVIL'S CONCUBINE!" ... "I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart." Are you freakin' kidding me? The call outs and DMD animations are some of the best in pinball, but you really have to work to see them. Dark, serious themes are the best. As much as I love the movie, the pinball does more for the theme than the film itself!
Never gets old because the challenge is always there. This is a very humbling pin and if you can't make your shots, well, it's not the pins fault.
In regards to Judge Dredd, I happen to really enjoy that pin. I want to own one eventually, as I think it gives a nice contrast to BSD. Own them both if you can.

VERY well said sir !

#15 4 years ago

I don;t need to own either.

#16 4 years ago

BSD if:
1. You want a challenge.
2. You like dark themes.
3. You like Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins
4. You like mixed signals from women (ball lock 1 and 2 they want you, ball 3 they're out to kill!!!).
5. You like getting kicked in the junk and ask for more (metaphorically, unless you really are into that. Whatever.)
6. You suck and want to get better at pinball.
7. When you're done perfecting your hand-eye coordination and aiming, you feel like you could chew a block of lead and spit nails.

JD if:

1. You like comics.
2. You like flippers
3. You like widebody games.
4. You suck at games like BSD.

#17 4 years ago

It really depends on preference. I own a BSD and my friend owned JD. We both prefer BSD as the shots feel much better and are also rewarding. I found that dredd was too easy and the ramps do not feel very satisfying to hit as they are so wide. However, BSD is also a drain monster so if you don't like short ball times I'd go for Dredd

#18 4 years ago

Owned both. Dredd is fun for awhile and lasted a year.Dracula is eternal and never left.

#19 4 years ago

I'd pick BSD. A game that will suck your tokens on location but would make you a better player at home. Most of all, learning to nudge without tilting and keeping EOB points that make the difference between a good game and a poor game.

#20 4 years ago

I own both love them but I prefer JD.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I actually traded my BSD for a DM straight up. I don’t regret it. I may have lost a bit on my end, but not much.
BSD was a tough game, wasn’t my slice. It’s all a matter of opinion in the end. Consider difficulty in this decision is my 2 cents

DM but its JD not DM

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I'd was my first pin. Grew up on the comics.
"Gaze into the fist of Dredd!!!"
It was a great first pinball game. A widebody with no pops and some super crazy shots. Software... meh. I wrote an alternate rule sheet somewhere with a wizard mode that battles all4 judges of the apocalypse separately.
BSD has legs, long legs, you may have the game of your life on it, then... BAM! You sink to the bottom of the lake like a stone. While not deep, the rules are broad and allow for multiple strategies in gameplay. But the one to really go for is really hard.
A damn fine game. One of Barry's best from the dmd era.

Wich one you picked?

#23 4 years ago

BSD. 30 million is one of the best rushes in pinball!

#24 4 years ago

Both games are great yet both games are flawed.....but hey man, they beat most of the recent game releases in term of toys and game play for half the price, so no complaints here. If you can afford it buy them both, they're worth the 3k price tag.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Wich one you picked?

I sold jd a long time ago. Still looking for a bsd.

#26 4 years ago

JD should have never been made for the better of pinball.

#27 4 years ago

I own both and would say BSD for the players and JD for the guests/kids/non-pinball people. Supergame feature on JD is a great introduction to pinball even though most newbies can be a little overwhelmed by four flippers. So many different shots and the modes (though too shallow) and call outs are really good.
BSD, though...no game will keep you hitting the start button over and over like this one. The ultimate “just one more game” pin. Much too brutal for non-pinball people to love, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-vs-bram-stoker-s-dracula-1?hl=spinape and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.