• Bram Stoker's Dracula 69 votes
    57%
  • None of the Avobe 6 votes
    5%

(122 votes)

#1 4 years ago

what would you pick?

#2 4 years ago

its seems that dredd its a contender for BSD?

#3 4 years ago

I own both and love them two of my favorite games in my collection but I personally liked Judge Dedd more.

#4 4 years ago

I'm familiar with both. Dracula has great sound but I find it too brutal. I like challenging games but dracula is just way to drainy. Maybe without a tilt I could eke out a balltime longer than 15 seconds.

#5 4 years ago

i know BSD but what can you tell me about dredd

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I own both and love them two of my favorite games in my collection but I personally liked Judge Dedd more.

That’s funny. I have them both and prefer BSD. I like Dredd as well, but it just doesn’t hold my attention or keep me coming back the way drac does.

#7 4 years ago

Both suck but dredd sucks harder. God I hate that game.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

why its that?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Lol really? I would love to have both of those sucky games in my collection.

#10 4 years ago

I’ve had Dredd a couple times now... but I would love a Dracula.

So if I had to choose right now I’d say Dracula.

#11 4 years ago

Dredd is a mode based widebody with 4 flippers. Lots of long shots and big ramps. It also has an extra SuperGame mode that’s all multiballs. The planet lock is kind of cool but it’s disabled unless you install a mod.

Dracula is hard as balls and the mist multiball is really cool.

#12 4 years ago

Dredd with the Deadworld mod is pretty great imo. Tons to shoot for, with surprising flow, and a lot of modes that I found pretty varied and fun. The wizard mode is a bit of a letdown. And I'm not sure how I feel about the Supergame thing. To be clear I love the modes in Supergame, and the 2 ball transition to 6 ball MB in it, but I would prefer all that was worked into the main game vs separated out. That could add some serious depth and get rid of the gimmicky second game type.

BSD is rated significantly higher in the top 100 list, but I don't know... I must be missing something with BSD - although not having owned it I have way less play time on it.

#13 4 years ago

I own both but Dredd twice.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The planet lock is kind of cool but it’s disabled unless you install a mod.

how its that can you elaborate?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

The proto-type locked all three balls the ringl. The production model only locks the last ball. You need to buy a special ring.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Dredd with the Deadworld mod is pretty great imo. Tons to shoot for, with surprising flow, and a lot of modes that I found pretty varied and fun. The wizard mode is a bit of a letdown. And I'm not sure how I feel about the Supergame thing. To be clear I love the modes in Supergame, and the 2 ball transition to 6 ball MB in it, but I would prefer all that was worked into the main game vs separated out. That could add some serious depth and get rid of the gimmicky second game type.
BSD is rated significantly higher in the top 100 list, but I don't know... I must be missing something with BSD - although not having owned it I have way less play time on it.

I like dredd better. It just has so much depth going for it. It is also a beautiful looking game that cries "just one more time!"

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Legend has it that the original planet lock was nixed at the last minute because of concerns about it's reliability. The ball would divert into a lane and then drop into the ring around the Deadworld. When the multiball would start, the crane would magnetically pick the balls up and drop them back into play.

It was pretty cool, BUT there was no way for the game to keep track of the balls on the ring so if the game loses track it just shoots another ball into play and then that causes endless multiball issues. So williams changed the ring and removed an extra opto set and into production it went!

Some people tho had to have the original functionality. Enter Pinbits:

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=135&zenid=04400c49098b141207922d2979a0b338

There's a ring and a ROM. Very easy to install BUT... if all your other optos (trough, planet, crane and ramp enter, load and exit) aren't working right it won't work right either and balls will be trapped in endless orbit. But as the owner of Pinbits told me once, if your optos work, the mod works!

#18 4 years ago

I have never owned Judge Dread. Perhaps that will change one day.

BSD I've had float in and out of my collection a few times. BSD is by far amazing.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The planet lock is kind of cool but it’s disabled unless you install a mod.

I prefer it as is, without the mod. It just slows the game down too much IMO and just not worth it.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I prefer it as is, without the mod. It just slows the game down too much IMO and just not worth it.

I'll admit, it plays better without. Being able to punch in the lock shots one two three is hella fun. But it IS a pretty cool mod.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'll admit, it plays better without. Being able to punch in the lock shots one two three is hella fun. But it IS a pretty cool mod.

Yes agree it has its ups and downs. I like the smoothness of all the optos without the lock mod (on L7 ROM) plus the option to actually have coin mechs in it (L1AT ROM is free play only), but I also love the look of the lock mod when all three balls are in the deadworld.

It was my hope that someone would have been able to combine the best of L7 and L1AT into one ROM but I've given up on those days now :/

#22 4 years ago

OP...are you debating on getting one or the other...or both?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:OP...are you debating on getting one or the other...or both?

one or the other..or even a TFTC

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

one or the other..or even a TFTC

Have you played all of them?

#25 4 years ago

bsd was gone in about 3 weeks, judge dredd I had for 3 yrs, and still regret selling it.

#26 4 years ago

I just couldn't get on with Dredd when I had it. Amazing layout, looks incredible, but the gameplay just didn't hook me. Felt like little strategy or thought needed when playing. I only kept it a couple of months.

That freakin guitar music also will drive you nuts.

I had BSD for a couple of years. Great atmospheric game, but it is ALL about bats and stacking the multiballs. One day I had just had enough of it.

#27 4 years ago

We have had both for roughly 12-13 years. Both are keepers for different reasons in our house.

BSD is the perfect just one more game machine. Easy rules but hard to do.

JD is a keeper because of the art. Game play gets meh, but the art is great. So it stays as a piece of art we can play. Being a wide body there is a lot of shots which is great, but it wouldn't have stayed this long just because of that.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

We have had both for roughly 12-13 years. Both are keepers for different reasons in our house.
JD is a keeper because of the art. Game play gets meh, but the art is great. So it stays as a piece of art we can play. Being a wide body there is a lot of shots which is great, but it wouldn't have stayed this long just because of that.

Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Thats great to know!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Have you played all of them?

idid but dredd i played it just once

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-vs-bram-stoker-s-dracula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.