• Latest reply 6 years ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kzd%+yvgSE2yl07Wg21sNQ (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Having a sporadic multiball issue with JD.
Multiball usually starts out with the ball-save flashing for a few seconds then goes out. When you drain all but one ball, it returns to normal play.
I've had a few games where the ball-save light goes off, but it continues to kick balls out for an unlimited amount of time. Eventually, the game will say Slam-Tilt, then reboot.

Ball trough opto issue?

#2 7 years ago

Yup ball trough issues.... flakey opto / cold solder joint or even wire lose in the molex connectors

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

ball trough issues

Thanks! I'll reflow and report back.

#4 7 years ago

I start with changing all the transmitter optos on the transmitter trough opto board. That is where majority of the issues start on this game.

#5 7 years ago

Ok. I reflowed the solder on all the Optos in the ball through.
Looks like the unlimited multi ball only happens during the ultimate challenge.
But again, it's not every time.
I'm running rom L-7 in case that has anything to do with it.

#6 7 years ago

Yes, had this a couple of times as well. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from, I never had (obvious) ball through errors. Maybe the occasional ball count errors because I whacked one out of the planet though...

I'm running on the deadworld mod rom, so that's like version L-0.1 or something. Really want a deadworld mod rom that has been fully updated.

#7 7 years ago

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

#8 7 years ago

I've had this happen a couple of times, I believe that depending on the settings, every now and then it will throw a random multi ball
that will seem like it never stops. I get the same thing on my STTNG, it will throw you a random ball, I think just to F-- u up.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I start with changing all the transmitter optos on the transmitter trough opto board. That is where majority of the issues start on this game.

#10 7 years ago

My JD has a similar issue. Every once in a while a normal multiball will spit unlimited balls until the 4 judges have been destroyed and the ultimate challenge starts and then the game will go back to playing normally. I discounted it being a trough issue because of how reliable it goes back to normal. I am thinking it may be a dead world mod issue. Yours may be the same bug/glitch?

#11 7 years ago

No. Mine has the dead world mod andhas no random failures

#12 7 years ago

From Pinbits website.

Troubleshooting Notes
The locking software is very sensitive to hardware errors in the game. A few typical malfunctions and their fixes are as follows:

Diverter does not load the ring when planet lock is available
- Check ramp entrance opto
- Check diverter

Multiball does not have all 6 balls
- Insufficient balls in the machine
- Trough divots holding up the balls (gently file and sand the trough ball lane to remove them)
- Bad opto transmitters or receivers in the trough (check trough optos in swicth test)

Game keeps shooting extra balls in multiball, and ends ball with balls still on the playfield
- Check crane exit opto
- Check that the ball exits through the crane exit opto

The crane opto has a relatively long gap; cleaning the transmitter and receiver can help.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=136&zenid=b9c7f3f72472708939fa35ed69d9d1c2

#13 7 years ago

MY JD did a multi ball on the second ball, and never lost track of balls, ran for what felt like 3 minutes straight.
I have the dead world mod. Don't think its a error, just random multi ball.

#14 7 years ago

My JD also experiences this exact issue as described by the OP.
Running L1AT with Deaworld Mod.

#15 7 years ago

Things have been better. With the reflowed solder on the through optos.
I had one hell of a game with no unlimited multiballs.
Ran through the ultimate challenge 3 times. Ended up with over 3 billion for a score.

1 year later
#16 6 years ago

anyone know where I can get a molex connector for the 4 pin opto on the 6 ball trough of my JD? I had a dead opto causing it to keep kicking a 2nd ball into the shooter lane on every game, ordered new opto boards thru pinball life (homepin) and the larger connector works fine, but the 4 pin side, was soldered straight to the old board, bypassing the connector all together..anybody know what part number i need to re-attach a connector? Thanks so much!

kzd%+yvgSE2yl07Wg21sNQ (resized).jpgkzd%+yvgSE2yl07Wg21sNQ (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

The plug you need is available from many places - I have linked the parts required all available from GPE below.

I would be happy to post you a plug but it would probably take over a month to arrive.

5 pin housing:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CP100-05-LR

Pins (4 x reqd):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=08-52-0123

Polarising pin (not really needed but nice):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=15-04-9209

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I had the same issues woth demolition man and it was wires going to the trough.

I tested it with getting into.switch levels and knocking on various parts of the pf where vibration could kick the optos into.flickering on the levels test.

I think you are having the same thing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-unlimited-multiball?hl=captnretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.