Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My Judge Dredd is unfairly handing out sentences on ball launch. It is random; sometimes it sentences you and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know the game all that well, but I would think it's not supposed to do this. So, if it's not supposed to randomly sentence me on ball launch does anyone know what I should look at to figure this out? It only does the random sentencing on ball launch, it doesn't do it randomly while playing a ball.

The only switch error I have is for the left outlane so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

#2 9 years ago

pindude80 - 40 years for complaining about unfair sentencing

#3 9 years ago

In switch test do any other switches fire when you press the shooter lane switch?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

In switch test do any other switches fire when you press the shooter lane switch?

This.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

My Judge Dredd is unfairly handing out sentences on ball launch. It is random; sometimes it sentences you and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know the game all that well, but I would think it's not supposed to do this. So, if it's not supposed to randomly sentence me on ball launch does anyone know what I should look at to figure this out? It only does the random sentencing on ball launch, it doesn't do it randomly while playing a ball.
The only switch error I have is for the left outlane so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

My game does this only when the left upper lane is lit with a crime-scene: the ball goes there and it's not 'programmed' to not count it because it's a ball launch. It's unfair, but not random with my game (well... when that lane is lit, that's random, but I know before I launch the ball that I will be sentenced ).

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from sven:

My game does this only when the left upper lane is lit with a crime-scene: the ball goes there and it's not 'programmed' to not count it because it's a ball launch. It's unfair, but not random with my game (well... when that lane is lit, that's random, but I know before I launch the ball that I will be sentenced ).

Sounds like you have the same problem as the OP.

#7 9 years ago

A Judges sentence is never wrong

#8 9 years ago

don't mess with da judge..........

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I just tried this, pressing the switch in the shooter lane about 30 times and it is the only switch that registers. Any other ideas on where to look?

The other poster that says his also does this, but only when the a crime scene is lit in the left orbit might be onto something. I will have to see if mine is doing this also and then if so I wonder why the crime scene would be lit on ball launch?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I will have to see if mine is doing this also and then if so I wonder why the crime scene would be lit on ball launch?

The game lights several random crime scenes to start each game. Sometimes you'll get the one in the left orbit, and sometimes you won't.

Are the other switches that the ball would hit when launched before reaching the left orbit crime scene? There is probably one or two in the upper right or middle of the orbit.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I just paid attention to when mine sentences on ball launch and out of the 5 times I got it to do it, 3 times one of the lights in the crime scene for the left orbit was lit. So I would say this means something. I looked and all three of the lights in this crime scene insert light up in attract mode, but mine only had the light on three times, but I guess that doesn't mean I couldn't have a flaky connection or bulb though. Anyone else's JD do this too? Wonder if it could be a problem in the ROM? On boot up mine says it has L-7 in it.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The game lights several random crime scenes to start each game. Sometimes you'll get the one in the left orbit, and sometimes you won't.

That would make sense for it to do this then if it randomly lights the crime scenes because like the other guy with the same problem said it's not programmed to not give it to you on ball launch. I would think they would have thought of this, but it makes sense they didn't.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Are the other switches that the ball would hit when launched before reaching the left orbit crime scene? There is probably one or two in the upper right or middle of the orbit.

There is one in the center of the loop. I put the game in switch test and hit it many times and it's the only switch that registers.

#14 9 years ago

I always assumed that is how it was supposed to work. When the left orbit crime scene is lit you are awarded it on ball launch, it's a random free one. I'm guessing one of your crime scene bulbs is out if you found that you were awarded one when the light wasn't on.

#15 9 years ago

I've never seen a crime scene awarded on ball launch, but I'm running the dead world mod roms, not sure if it makes a difference.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

the other guy with the same problem said it's not programmed to not give it to you on ball launch.

Well, it might be programmed right and I seem to have the same problem as you have. It's just that I don't have any error-messages combined with that JD software isn't really 'finished' that I thought it was a programming thing. I might be very wrong though I have to check which software-revision I have.... (I'm not running the dead world rom).
Could indeed be that one of the few lamps under the upper-left crimescenes is broken on your game? Ziz seems to have the same problem as I do and he figured it was a 'gift', I figured it was 'not-finished software'.
Or maybe I (and you and Ziz?) just have some error in my game with a bad switch that isn't detected as an error.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Well, it might be programmed right and I seem to have the same problem as you have. It's just that I don't have any error-messages combined with that JD software isn't really 'finished' that I thought it was a programming thing. I might be very wrong though I have to check which software-revision I have.... (I'm not running the dead world rom).
Could indeed be that one of the few lamps under the upper-left crimescenes is broken on your game? Ziz seems to have the same problem as I do and he figured it was a 'gift', I figured it was 'not-finished software'.
Or maybe I (and you and Ziz?) just have some error in my game with a bad switch that isn't detected as an error.

Ziz, what ROM are you running? I don't have the Deadworld ROM as my Deadworld isn't upgraded yet. Since it's doing this same thing to three of us and people with the Deadworld Rom aren't getting it I'm going to speculate that is how it is on non-deadworld ROM and when whoever made the Deadworld ROM they changed the program to not award it on ball launch?

#18 9 years ago

I am also running the non deadworld rom, sounds like that is the issue then.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I am also running the non deadworld rom, sounds like that is the issue then.

I plan on ordering my deadworld upgrade soon so I will try and remember to report back if that ROM changes it or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-unfair-sentencing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.