Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nosro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I adjusted the crane height to pick up the ball from the dead world assembly and was psyched to get this working correctly. Go to play a game and when each new ball comes into play it ejects one in the shooter lane and a second or two later it ejects a second ball. WTH. This happens every time I start with a new ball. Even if I shoot the first ball quickly a second gets kicked in. If I wait I end up shooting 2 balls into play? Anybody know what is causing it to eject 2 balls? Any help please...thanks!

#2 10 years ago

This is common problem when the ball does nto drop through the hoop with the opto sensor, once the ball drops and the machine's optos does not catch it you will then get two balls inserted in the shooter lane.

#3 10 years ago

Ball trough issue. Had the exact same issue on my JD a few months ago, one of the resistors on the trough board had a broken leg, little solder...good to go. Pull all your balls out...err....go to switch test mode and put them back in one at a time and make sure they are all working correctly.

#4 10 years ago

Yes - trough issue. I just fixed the same thing. I first replaced the trough boards with the Great Lakes Modular boards from Marco. Then a couple weeks later, the problem came back. Turns out the wires into the connectors that plug into the trough boards were not tight. Use a small screwdriver to reseat the wires, or possibly replace the connector. I pulled the loose wires out, and pushed them back into the connector so a new section of wire would be pierced by the connector. Problem seems fixed now.

#5 10 years ago

Hmmm..if you notice his problem started when adjusted the crane, if it was the trough board then it would have been there before...

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmmm..if you notice his problem started when adjusted the crane, if it was the trough board then it would have been there before...

Anything is possible, but he says it happens every time he starts with a new ball. Sounds like trough...

#7 10 years ago

A little more info after thinking about it. Your problem may not be a connector or the trough boards at all. The balls in the trough get out of position because it is poorly designed and the balls become magnetic (maybe that is why it happened AFTER you got your crane working). What seems to happen is that the ball in position one (closest to the kicker) gets hung up slightly, allowing all the other balls to be slightly out of position. All the balls should be laying flat on the bottom of the trough. There is a part (from pinbits I believe) that you insert in the trough to eliminate the problem. Make sure you take the thin plastic off the part before inserting it into the trough.

#8 10 years ago

Does this happen when you turn on the machine and play the very first ball? If so, I would look at the trough optos.

Does this happen only after some balls were loaded onto the Deadworld and unloaded (even if it was in a previous game)? If so, the game didn't see the balls unload through the crane exit opto (switch #62) and lost count of how many balls are in the machine and got confused. Check that the opto works, but also that the ball falling off the crane will actually fall through the opto beam. You might have to move the opto location a bit closer to the Deadworld ring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-tech-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.