• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150311_200338.jpg
20150302_174119.jpg
20150302_070104.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all, I just picked up a Judge Dredd table and am working on getting it running 100%. As far as I can tell it is stock with no mods. When I looked at there were 4 switch errors, but they don't seem to affect the game play. The one I am working on now is the left ramp entry. In the manual on page 2-43 it says hswitch 67 is the left ramp entry. The photo labels this switch as 32. From my reading these switches are related to the deadworld change that was made in production, and are involved with installed the deadworld mod. Now to my issue. I am getting a test switch error on start up for switch 67, but when I go check the switches it is actually switch 32 that opens and closes, even though the table itself lists it at not used. Could this be from a partially installed deadworld mod? Or is this normal? If you check out the attached photo you can see the switch location is at the bottom of the ramp.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

20150302_070104.jpg20150302_070104.jpg
#3 9 years ago

I'll have to take a look to make sure when I get home this evening, but if I remember correctly it was L-7. The multiball definitely lets the first two balls fly past the deadworld diverter with the third ball getting locked and lifted off as expected.

#5 9 years ago

I'll check the ROM today when I get home and update here on the exact version.

#6 9 years ago

Just doing a bit of reading on the rules for this table and I noticed that on prototype games the subway is labelled pick a prize, which is the same as on mine. Does this mean that my table is a prototype, and would this affect this switch errors and roms that will work?

#7 9 years ago

Looked at the ROM and it is labelled "Judge Dredd Ver LA7 CS9A07". Any other ideas on what could be happening here? Not sure if that other thread really helps much in this situation.

20150302_174119.jpg20150302_174119.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Does anyone else have any ideas on this one? I'd like to try to figure out what is going on and if this error actually a problem or not.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

A few points:
1) With very little digging, there are quite a few threads on Pinside and elswhere mentioning similar credit dot errors on JD machines related to this switch being replaced during production. It seems unlikely to be an issue unless you're having problems with the ball lock and/or multiball start.

I have searched, but maybe I just didn't have any luck. All of the threads I found dealt with how to switch 67 back to 32, so I thought that since 32 is registering on my table something might be up. Right now multiball and the 3rd ball lock all work as expected, so maybe it's not an issue.

Quoted from Law:

2) I've not found a mention of an LA7 ROM, it may or may not be L7. It doesn't look like L7 will be 100% compatible with prototype machines or those with the deadworld mod installed. Since your machine has the slotted ring, it probably doesn't have the mod installed.

It defitely doesn't have the mod installed, but again, with switch 32 active and 67 not, I thought that maybe it had been installed in the past, or something like that.

Quoted from Law:

3) There are also a number of mentions of the subway sticker on early non-prototype games and it's also entirely possible that someone added it later. Your machine doesn't have red boards, so unless they were swapped at some point it's probably not a prototype and needs the "normal" ROMs.

I am just getting into pinball machines, with this being my second. Are you saying that a prototype table would have red boards in the backbox instead of green?

Either way, it sounds like this is an error that isn't really going to cause any issues at this point until I decide if I want to install the deadworld mod.

1 week later
#11 9 years ago

So, to follow up with this for anyone else searching in the future, I have determined that my table is a pre-production model. It has the plastic by the sniper tower showing the guy with the gun, it has the pick a prize sticker and it has switch 32 instead of 67.

However, I am now running into another issue. I got a hold of a L-1 ROM and when I plug it in the table doesn't boot. All of the LED's light up as per the attached photo, but it doesn't boot farther than that. If I switch back to the L7 ROM it starts right up. The ROM was installed correctly (upside-down with the notch on the right side). The guy I got the ROM from said it tested out OK when he burned it, but he is going to try another chip just in case. However, I thought I'd post here as well to get your guys input. In the manual it says that one of the LED's should flash if the checksum is wrong, which I am assuming to mean if the ROM on the chip is wrong. If the chip was good but the ROM install was bad I am assuming I would at least see that flashing light, but is that actually correct? Anyone have any suggestions/ideas on what might be going on?

Edit: I should add that we used the L1 rom from IPDB (http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1322)

20150311_200338.jpg20150311_200338.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Final update. The guy simply burned the ROM incorrectly, so now everything is working great! Long story short, if you have switch 32 you probably have a pre-production table. It should still work fine with the L-7 rom, but if you want to do the deadworld mod you need the L-1 rom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-switch-32-vs-67?tu=redundor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.