Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by kvan99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

There are two issues with my Judge Dredd machine that I have no idea how to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated.

1. When starting Super Game, the machine launches three balls (instead of two) and will keep three balls in play as long as the Drain Shield is active. It only started doing this in the past week.

2. After the machine has been on for a while, the act of launching a ball at the beginning of a game will start one of the modes (Sniper, Battle Tank, etc.). At first the game needed to be on for hours before this would happen. Last night it happened after the machine was on for ten minutes.

I'm running L6 and the upper left flipper needs to be re-soldered if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Have you checked your trough optos to make sure every one is working? Those things like to fail on a regular basis, and could be the reason it's shooting out too many balls.

As for launching a ball starting the mode, is the shaking of the machine as the solonoid fires activating a switch? Go into switch mode, and shake your machine like there's no tomorrow. See if any switches go off.

#3 8 years ago

i had to replace my trough opto boards with updated versions from great lakes modular DCS-TBS. mine was acting the same way and it is a common issue

#4 8 years ago

I reflowed the solder on my opto boards and that solved my opto problems. Also, make sure you clean the eyes. Dirty opto eyes can cause it to be flakey as well.

#5 8 years ago

This may be of value, I had one in my last JD and it was quite effective:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=449

Brad

#6 8 years ago

Man, I only saw Judge Dredd has 3 balls. It would have been a better title

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-super-game-has-3-balls-software-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.